Everytime I want an Apple product..

Mooshi

When will you fanboys realise that what CPU/GPU a computer has vs. price does not automatically define it's value. It's sad that you still think like this. Never expect yourself to be taken seriously when you respond like that.

Your Pic defines you.

While that's true, I'm not saying they aren't important; I'm saying that a computer's price is the sum of its design, engineering, R & D, aftersale support, spec, etc. - not just, 'oh it has an i7 and an 860m so it's better hurrrrr'.

Cpu and gpu is what is going to make u be able to do anything on a computer so for most people thats what they care about what they can do not what it looks like if u have money to blow sure get the sleek design of a mac im not denying they look good im just saying there are far better options for your money if looks and build quality isnt a concern to you.

I can say the same thing about razer blade its a pc version of a mac it looks sexy but for someone with limited funds its not practical when u can get a better spec pc for less.

Your Pic defines you.

Cpu and gpu is what is going to make u be able to do anything on a computer so for most people thats what they care about what they can do not what it looks like if u have money to blow sure get the sleek design of a mac im not denying they look good im just saying there are far better options for your money if looks and build quality isnt a concern to you.

I can say the same thing about razer blade its a pc version of a mac it looks sexy but for someone with limited funds its not practical when u can get a better spec pc for less.

And your shite grammar defines you. I echo my comment about being taken seriously.

http://m.ncix.com/products/sku/90813

I too was quite surprised when I found this laptop, but it looks pretty good IMHO.

Not bad, same price but definitely a worthy competitor. There certainly isn't a plethora of viable alternatives, however.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

ITT a load of people complaining that a non gaming laptop isn't good for gaming and therefore not good for anything and is a complete waste of money for anyone.

Lots of dick wanking going on here. I have a question, is the "retina screen" really the only thing special on this? Everything else looks pretty mediocre. What sort of content creator works on a single 15 inch display anyway? I could care less how big my dick is, so please inform me because this doesn't look like 2000 of my hard earned dollars.

..I go to their site and the laughable price tags bring me back to my senses.

70d6821bd332d96ef3a9262e55627798.png

2 Grand and not even a proper dedicated GPU for a "pro" machine..AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

Apple are only good for iPods.

Lots of dick wanking going on here. I have a question, is the "retina screen" really the only thing special on this? Everything else looks pretty mediocre. What sort of content creator works on a single 15 inch display anyway? I could care less how big my dick is, so please inform me because this doesn't look like 2000 of my hard earned dollars.

The all metal build quality, the screen, the PCIe SSD, OSX, the trackpad is a million times better than anything else. Great keyboard too etc. 

It is not be worth it to a gamer, it may not be worth it to anyone here, but it screams quality. That's why so many people buy them.

The OS X UI is stunning, which is probably why uneducated people buy their products.

I must say though that content creation is better on their OS.

How is content creation better? You can get the full Adobe CC Suite on PC as well.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

While that's true, I'm not saying they aren't important; I'm saying that a computer's price is the sum of its design, engineering, R & D, aftersale support, spec, etc. - not just, 'oh it has an i7 and an 860m so it's better hurrrrr'.

While what you are saying is true, if you are talking about pure performance (which I think was the OPs main point) then that is all that matters. I would love to get a macbook pro, just for the build quality and design, but every time I look at the price I go well, I can do better for less, because I really can. How many things do you have that use thunderbolt connectors? Probably not enough to make it a valid selling point. So with that off the table the only thing you got left is hardware and build quality, which arguably MBP's build quality is unmatched, but hardware wise it isn't, so the only thing the MBP has going for it is the build quality, sure you can argue all you want about how OSX is better than windows 8, but that all comes down to personal preference.

So in the end it all comes down to whether or not you prefer OSX or W8, and if you are willing to spend 2 grand on it 

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

all ive heard in this thread is a bunch of apple fanboys trying desperatly to prove that the mac is worth it.  when things like track pad and keyboard quality start being used as positives to justify the outrageous price tag, thats when you know its time to give up.  you can get similar build quality and specs for much less, like nearly half the price and a pcie ssd and a really nice screen wont make up for it......for the diferance in price you could buy a 4k external monitor. like someone said on here what content creator wants to work on a single 15 inch monitor!

and FFW osx isnt better than windows but its not worse they both have there issues, but at the end of the day windows is cheaper and has better compatibility.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

all ive heard in this thread is a bunch of apple fanboys trying desperatly to prove that the mac is worth it.  when things like track pad and keyboard quality start being used as positives to justify the outrageous price tag, thats when you know its time to give up.  you can get similar build quality and specs for much less, like nearly half the price and a pcie ssd and a really nice screen wont make up for it......for the diferance in price you could buy a 4k external monitor. like someone said on here what content creator wants to work on a single 15 inch monitor!

and FFW osx isnt better than windows but its not worse they both have there issues, but at the end of the day windows is cheaper and has better compatibility.

Lol I'm not going to try to read this whole thread, but

people actually argued that their mice were good? LOLLLLL

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

• No magnetic charger

Need I go on?

The only reason I would really ever consider buying a Macbookpro, the best invention that apple thinks they made even though counter top deep fryers and some crockpots have had them for many decades now. My mom had a macbook pro before she died it was a nice laptop, had a good build quality. I think what is more pitaful though is how little laptop performance has advanced the last 3 yrs other than battery life, my 3 yr old asus laptop is not all that  far off from these current gen specs, computers are definately not advancing as fast as they did in the 2000-2010 decade.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I'll just leave this here

BstqM0I.jpg?1

I'm tired of these kind of threads, it always turns into a PC vs Mac nonsense

Yes it's expensive. Is it worth it ? As a Mac (and PC) user, i'd say yes. I've never enjoyed using windows in my entire life. Fact is, i only use Wincrap because of games, I'm tired as fuck of BSOD's, drivers, black screens, crash reports, fucking instability, stupid antiviruses and all that crap. 

When i got into Dj'ing and audio producing, plugging every single MIDI controller made my windows laptop go apeshit, Traktor Pro was so unstable i couldn't live perform as it crashed for no apparent reason. Then i got a 2012 Macbook pro, upgraded the Ram to 16gigs, put a SSD on it. I plugged 12 MIDI controllers on it, no lag, everything worked without me even touching anything, Traktor worked flawlessly, battery life is outstanding, build quality (do i have to even mention this), Apple support is great, Free OSX 10.9 upgrade, easy to use UI ... i could go on for days.

Now while my Mac is working flawlessly, i have to deal with stupid BSOD's coming out of nowhere in my gaming rig.

Why do some people even mention "Macbook" and "Gaming" in the same sentence ? Are you high on catnip or something ? When i see someone pulling out this crap i automatically assume it's some kind of retarded kid who thinks he can make a living out of his youtube gameplay videos.

Mac's are not for games, they are for people who actually have interest in content creating, But because of stupid hipsters who buy Macs only to browse Facebook, other Mac users have to deal with the "2000$ facebook machine" stereotype.

Yes it's expensive. Is it worth it ? As a Mac (and PC) user, i'd say yes. I've never enjoyed using windows in my entire life. Fact is, i only use Wincrap because of games, I'm tired as fuck of BSOD's, drivers, black screens, crash reports, fucking instability, stupid antiviruses and all that crap. 

You're doing something desperately wrong if you get any and all of those things on windows. My uptime with my pc averages a month at a time, and even then - I only reset to apply patches. So it begs the question...Are you still using an old version of windows?

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

You're doing something desperately wrong if you get any and all of those things on windows. My uptime with my pc averages a month at a time, and even then - I only reset to apply patches. So it begs the question...Are you still using an old version of windows?

I think it goes without saying that OSX is objectively superior to Windows regardless.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I think it goes without saying that OSX is objectively superior to Windows regardless.

On what basis?

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

Please list how

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Please list how

Windows_9X_BSOD.pngNirLauncherProblem2.png

Blue-screen-Crash-Windows-8-433x650.jpg

yeah because mac never kernal panics crashes or just plain stops working 90% of the time i have encountered BSOD its been hardware related and nothing to do with the os. my folks have been running windows 7 on there dual cor dell (9 years old now) for 2 years with no issues and i bet there are a ton of people in the same boat. all you have shown is that you have had a bad experiance with your pc not that windows is better or worse than a mac. all you have doen is made yourself sound more like a fan boy

if its objectively better then the proof should be easy to find

snip

I've been running windows 8.0 for almost two years with a relatively early SSD, an overclocked base clock, an overclocked graphics card and my locked cpu running on max possible turbo (43 mutiplier). I have never seen any of these screens.

I mean godamnit why do people even argue about this shit anymore. There's nothing fucking objective about it worth talking about.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

actually for content creation I'd love to have the trashcan mac with all specs up there kinda expensive though.

IMHO only seen a mac a few times, touched it a few times, experienced it a few times it's actually wonderful.

the mbp vs custom pc is kind of a "not so good" to compare.

1- mbp is portable and similar to a laptop or you can call it that.

2- custom pc = normally you'd think of those small mitx or huge super towers unless you manage to make your own slim type custom laptop then it's another story.

normally when you buy a mac with it's high price you would have a reason (ei not because you can afford it since a lot of rich people do that). but you do something line a content creation or some sort.

they just work there without to do a lot of things. which is also the reason why mac book pro's or to be specific mac machines are pretty much dumb proof but not because the users are dumb but they need to invest their time to something else instead of people like most of us who love to tinker stuff.

yes we can build a dual xeon system with 128gb ram or something. yes all the people can build that. but not everyone has the time to invest on it or to worry about driver or not compatible programs. it's either they work or they don't if something is broke just send the damn whole thing and move on.

also the mbp or mac systems are actually user friendly and pretty simple which is why hipster buys them (1- expensive, 2- dumb proof) but people who have their reasons to buy a mac doesn't deserved to be called a fan boy or anything.

so far this is my unbiased comment. no matter how I don't like apple to be honest but I'd love to have one of the trashcan ones for productivity.

Live your life like a dream.

Just the fact that OSX is UNIX based should be enough, but apparently some people want more, A little search on the interwebz since i'm too lazy to write anything, this guy gives explains why OSX is better than Windows, from a "home" user point of view.

• Because Apple doesn’t license out OS X to other manufacturers, there’s no bloatware. Windows machines, on the other hand, are plagued with useless programs, which eat up system resources and are a pain to uninstall.
  • Apple releases OS updates on a yearly basis. It used to charge around $30 to upgrade to the latest version but this has all changed. Mavericks was the first to be made available for free.
  • There are threats out there for the Mac ecosystem, but hackers are preoccupied with tormenting the dominant Windows installed base because it's still seen as an easier target. Apple has built-in malware protection via the GateKeeper tool. 
  • Windows has always had a update problem. Clicking on the ‘update and restart button’ can lead to mammoth waiting times as you sit there watching tens and sometimes hundreds of updates installing. Windows 8 does not do anything to remedy this.

There are no such problems with Mac as Apple rolls out fewer updates - tells you exactly what they are for and installs them quickly.

• Those who complain about Apple forcing you to use its proprietary software are misguided. It’s possible to install Windows on any Mac via the built-in Bootcamp tool or by using virtualisation software such as Parallels 9.

• The gestures on MacBook trackpads are unmatched. They work flawlessly - so you can swipe between apps, desktops, and windows by flicking fingers up and down the pad. No Windows machine provides an experience anywhere near as consistent.

• Most programs and their associated libraries are self-contained (apps). There’s no stress in installing / uninstalling most programs.
  • Spotlight is to Windows Desktop Search as a BMW Z4 is to a Ford Pinto (in terms of performance, usability, and UI).
  • A single SKU of Leopard is both 32-bit and 64-bit compatible. This, alone, is a fantastic reason to embrace the platform. It’s seamless.
  • Time Machine. Simply select your AirPort Disk as the backup disk for each computer and the whole family can enjoy the benefits of Time Machine.  And no, Windows Volume Shadow Copy is not the SAME thing.
  • You never need to defrag a Mac’s hard disk.
  • Computers with Bonjour-enabled services are automatically discovered with virtually no fuss.
  • Setting up services such as Windows File Sharing, FTP, and even Web sharing can be done on OS X with just a few clicks.
  • Erasing deleted files placed in your trash (also known as a Recycle Bin in Windows) can be securely erased in OS X. No need to mess with third-party software.
  • Wanna set up a VNC server on your Mac? No problem, its already apart of the operating system. Moreover, the feature isn’t buried three levels deep. It’s sitting right there in the Finder. Moreover, unlike Windows Remote Desktop, a Screen Sharing session doesn’t lock the remote user out of his / her session.
  • The Preview tool – with annotations, basic image editing, Core Animation zooming and scrolling, GPS Metadata support, batch operations, etc.
  • Expose works.  The only thing that surpasses OS X’s open window management is Compiz Fusion. None of this Flip3D nonsense.

As for the guy who mentioned the Kernel Panics, my 2 years old MBP never ever had a single os related problem. While on the other hand, my Windows PC just decided that it was time for a 170 upgrades time, yay.

Don't get me wrong here, i 'm not a fanboy, I use OSX, Windows & Debian (pentesting) every day. But i'm never as productive on Windows than i'm on OSX. 

But then again, From a gamer point of view, i'm not ditching Windows anytime soon (Because i'm stuck with it), but just because it's the main platform for games.

IMO the best OS ever would be OSX, with the customization of Linux, and the compatibility of Windows. But that's not gonna happen and we're stuck with these kind of threads for the next 10 years.

Now excuse me, i have to edit some tracks on Logic Pro.

Apple/Mac/OSX has become Inferior, now that windows is taking a new approach with Windows 8, and there is always Ubuntu for people who like Mac OS. Ubuntu is alot faster than OSX, Easier to use and it doesnt have all the bloatware that mac has *cough* itunes *cough* and its a pain to transfer files with apple, because they like to make you pay for everything.

Besides, mac is overpriced. The only reason people have gotten macs recently is because they got confused with the XP support thing.

Also, I dont see any real reason to update windows. There isint many benefits that come with it, and my ISP likes to have a pesky limit (80GB) and they charge you a dollar for every gig you go over.