Apple iPhone 5S - iSwitched Back Video Discussion

@Skanic

You dont need root for the latest phone.. A company will give you software updates for a limited time only.. Not forever.

Not like you get the latest ios on like an iphone 3 is it??

Atleast you have an option to hack on and run the latest os on android..

You are optionless on apple.

Widgets dont look good?? Ill give you that.. Its a personal decision..

But what did apple get that is new??

Fingerprint scanner..total gimmick.

Atleast androids try actual innovations like IR or waterproofing.

Admit it .. Apple is FOR TECH ILLETERATE PEOPLE only.

What do you mean by optionless on apple? Do you mean iOS? You can still jailbreak it? What does android have to do with waterproofing and IR? now you're starting to sound like a clueless fanboy to me..

What do you mean by optionless on apple? Do you mean iOS? You can still jailbreak it? What does android have to do with waterproofing and IR? now you're starting to sound like a clueless fanboy to me..

I guess he ment that you can't install any version of ios on every iPhone. In android you can with some phones. And in android you have much more hardware choices so you can get stuff like the ir blaster and waterproofing.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

The iPhone 4 still gets software updates, and it's almost 4 years old. No Android phone that old is still getting updates.

Great video, though. I went from an iPhone 5 to an HTC One M8. Miss things like Siri, but love things like the speakers.

Meh.. I really like the amount of cusromizability in android..

The only way to customize an iphone is a new cover.

Incorrect. Jailbreak.

I guess he ment that you can't install any version of ios on every iPhone. In android you can with some phones. And in android you have much more hardware choices so you can get stuff like the ir blaster and waterproofing.

With jailbreaking you can install whatever you want, even custom OS.

The iPhone 4 still gets software updates, and it's almost 4 years old. No Android phone that old is still getting updates.

Not official updates but android has a pretty awesome developer community, in Linus video he mentioned the galaxy s:

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Probenja, on 19 May 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

That is one of the advantages of having a closed OS. You want the os to be tightly integrated with your own hardware that you developed and perform at its best without any compatibility issues. Also, android have several different oem making all kinds of phones in various different price points. iOS is only apple exclusive with only two phone models. Of course there's going to be some limitation in hardware choices. I'm not a proponent of iOS. I'm a WP guy. I'm just stating that all that comparing hardware wise between OSes has nothing to do with an OS per se.

That is one of the advantages of having a closed OS. You want the os to be tightly integrated with your own hardware that you developed and perform at its best without any compatibility issues. Also, android have several different oem making all kinds of phones in various different price points. iOS is only apple exclusive with only two phone models. Of course there's going to be some limitation in hardware choices. I'm not a proponent of iOS. I'm a WP guy. I'm just stating that all that comparing hardware wise between OSes has nothing to do with an OS per se.

I hope this summer we will see a lot of new Windows Phone 8.1 devices.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

Hey Linus you can put folders in the dock. Just can't create a folder by dragging an app to another app already in the dock.

I get 9-10hrs of battery life on my 5S. I don't think most Android phones are getting any better than that.

Turning on wifi hotspot is 3 clicks. Settings, personal hotspot, toggle on. Don't see how that's something to complain about.

The customizable aspect of Android is way over rated. Tried android and ditched it within months. Widgets are lame and I don't get how people put up with constant app crashes and OS errors. Phone didn't even support visual voicemail (GS3 on AT&T). MMS messages got displayed as slideshows. Gallery for pictures was terrible. Adding a MicroSD card just made things difficult. If people think iTunes is bad Kies is WAY worse. I never once got that app to fully make a backup of my GS3.

Speaking of which I've never had a problem with iTunes to where I'd swear it off. Not even close. I see people complain about it like it's the devil and have no idea why. Occasionally it will get stuck in a sync but I've been using it since early 2008 and don't get what the issue is there. My phone hasn't even been synced with iTunes in a couple of months anyways. Why would you need to?

Oh no! Look at what you've started @LinusTech, an Android fanboy vs iOS fanboy verbal war. :o

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

How about trying out a Windows Phone?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

@Skanic

You dont need root for the latest phone.. A company will give you software updates for a limited time only.. Not forever.

Not like you get the latest ios on like an iphone 3 is it??

bla bla bla ... android fanboy much?

You get about 4 years of full updates and still security updates afterwards and not only that, but you get them the day they are released.

With Android? Google gave its Nexus line 1.5 years of updates! With Samsung phones you often have to wait months, IF Samsung decides to release that update for your phone.

So you have to hack your fucking phone to get the latest update vs 4 years of free updates ...

Tell me, how many people on this forum do you think use their phones for more than 4 years ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

this is a bullshit argument. I have android devices at home, I love them, there are some fantastic aspects of them that I love. (My nvidia shield being something I use daily even)

But my daily driver is my iPhone 5. Not because I am "tech illiterate" as you so eloquently put in block capitals, but because I want my phone to be simple. I want to pick it up, turn it on, go to work and everything work. I get the latest updates and features, the phone is fast, with a nice display and camera, I have plex installed on it so I can access my music from my PC as I do not use itunes. It is great for games and apps with a fantastic store.

I do not want my phone to work like a PC. I don't want to sit around for hours tinkering modding customizing. I like the look and layout of iOS. I like its simplicity, I do not have to think about it, ever. I opened the box day one, and it works exactly like it did then, just with more apps on. It is clean, fast, feels good in my small hands and does everything I need it to do. call, text, whattsapp, facebook, calendar, alarms and appointments, gps maps for my car and some kick ass games when I am bored at work. Even has a nice smooth browser and I can use chrome to sync with google services too

Is it perfect, no, I dont think any phone is. But does it do the job I want it to do perfectly? Yes, and until it doesn't, I will stick by it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

@Skanic

Fingerprint scanner..total gimmick.

Atleast androids try actual innovations like IR or waterproofing.

The fingerprint reader might not be that big feature or the reason to buy an iPhone, but I bet if you had one in your phone, you would use it every day.

IR and waterproofing innovations :D :D :D

Admit it .. Android is FOR IGNORANT PEOPLE only.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

renz62, on 19 May 2014 - 3:28 PM, said:

naah..he already did that last year I think. He need to wait for the official release of WP8.1 before giving a full review. Maybe he can ask Nokia to give him something for long term test.

He already did it, before moving to android. 

Check it out if you're interested.

He already did it, before moving to android. 

Check it out if you're interested.

He used an inferior phone , HTC didn't even try with wp 8, Nokia stomped all over them. When wp7 was out htc actually put in some effort.

Hope that HTC W8 aka One m8 with windows phone 8.1 is coming out.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

this is a bullshit argument. I have android devices at home, I love them, there are some fantastic aspects of them that I love. (My nvidia shield being something I use daily even)

But my daily driver is my iPhone 5. Not because I am "tech illiterate" as you so eloquently put in block capitals, but because I want my phone to be simple. I want to pick it up, turn it on, go to work and everything work. I get the latest updates and features, the phone is fast, with a nice display and camera, I have plex installed on it so I can access my music from my PC as I do not use itunes. It is great for games and apps with a fantastic store.

I do not want my phone to work like a PC. I don't want to sit around for hours tinkering modding customizing. I like the look and layout of iOS. I like its simplicity, I do not have to think about it, ever. I opened the box day one, and it works exactly like it did then, just with more apps on. It is clean, fast, feels good in my small hands and does everything I need it to do. call, text, whattsapp, facebook, calendar, alarms and appointments, gps maps for my car and some kick ass games when I am bored at work. Even has a nice smooth browser and I can use chrome to sync with google services too

Is it perfect, no, I dont think any phone is. But does it do the job I want it to do perfectly? Yes, and until it doesn't, I will stick by it

Especially if a security bug is exposed. Apple has fixed stuff in days. If a security bug is found in Android you'll be lucky to get an update at all unless you have a newer phone, and even then it's going to take months for the manufacturer to come up with a fix then it has to go through carrier validation. Apple are the only ones who don't have to mess with the carriers to push updates and they come with zero carrier bloat.

I get all the people that like to tinker. I'm not going to buy a phone to tinker. I simply don't have time for that stuff and have no interest in it. Good if you do. A lot of people don't. I want reliability and I prefer how iPhones integrate across Apple products. And simple doesn't mean less capable. My phone does everything I need it to in a fast, clean, and easy to use way.

If people think Touch ID is a gimmick they simply haven't used it. I've never had a problem with it not working and it makes unlocking the phone super easy. Almost every review I've read on the GS5's sensor says it's less reliable and harder to use when it does work. Purchasing apps is very simple now as well.

@LinusTech, you should totally do a manga figurine review video... at least to gauge the community reaction so if they like it you'd do more. That would be awesome. After all, currently, you're highest viewed videos ARE of toys, so it'd be worth a shot.

I thought that figurine was actually pretty cool. I'd buy both the battery bank and the figurine lol. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^