Developments on Billet Labs issue?

Saeumii
Go to solution Solved by tikker,
50 minutes ago, Saeumii said:

>without spelling it out

that's what i'm asking for, whether either party publicly spelled it out. sounds like that's not the case tho. not trying to use that to cast doubt on ltt's integrity or anything, just curious if there was any more concrete followup

I think their statement so far is what it will stay at. If the agreement wasn't upheld I feel we would have heard about it.

I haven't really been following ltt very closely recently. have they ended up resolving the situation with billet labs? or is it not publicly known?

12 minutes ago, Saeumii said:

I haven't really been following ltt very closely recently. have they ended up resolving the situation with billet labs? or is it not publicly known?

It was resolved when the break happened.

1 minute ago, Blue4130 said:

It was resolved when the break happened.

but ltt/billet labs hasn't publicly come out and said "everything's good now"?

43 minutes ago, Saeumii said:

but ltt/billet labs hasn't publicly come out and said "everything's good now"?

Yea they did. When it was all going down. They reached out to Billet labs. Billet labs gave them a number, They paid billet labs. Case closed.

7 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Yea they did. When it was all going down. They reached out to Billet labs. Billet labs gave them a number, They paid billet labs. Case closed.

>They paid billet labs

i thought billet labs came out and said they actually didn't? or am i misremembering?

38 minutes ago, Saeumii said:

>They paid billet labs

i thought billet labs came out and said they actually didn't? or am i misremembering?

You are misremembering.

16 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

You are misremembering.

then what was this about? i'm assuming your "They reached out to billet labs" is referring to the post by linus here, but that was made before the reddit post

2 hours ago, Saeumii said:

then what was this about? i'm assuming your "They reached out to billet labs" is referring to the post by linus here, but that was made before the reddit post

I read that thread as the situation being pretty much resolved:

The exact monetary value of the prototype was offered as reimbursement.

We wanted to state this publicly just in case anyone has any issues with the fact that the block has potentially been found, and we chose to take the money instead.

I guess it could be a nice gesture to the community to confirm they got the reimbursement, but they have no obligation to do so and it sounds like they won't:

We're happy to answer any questions, but we won't be commenting on LTT or the specifics of the email exchanges – we're going to concentrate on making cool stuff, and innovative products (the Monoblock being just one of these).

The situation has died down now. You can see that as further attempts to muffle it, or we can assume from the statement that it means they have it/settled and have moved on. Dramas happen, they get resolved.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

The part where they took the money means that it is finished.

10 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

The part where they took the money means that it is finished.

>The part where they took the money

does "we chose to take the money" mean "we received financial compensation as agreed upon" or "they offered an alternative to giving us money, and we rejected that alternative"?

21 minutes ago, tikker said:

I read that thread as the situation being pretty much resolved:

I guess it could be a nice gesture to the community to confirm they got the reimbursement, but they have no obligation to do so and it sounds like they won't:

The situation has died down now. You can see that as further attempts to muffle it, or we can assume from the statement that it means they have it/settled and have moved on. Dramas happen, they get resolved.

>it sounds like they won't

by the sounds of that, ltt won't either. so ig the assumption is that this situation was settled behind the scenes

does "we chose to take the money" mean "we received financial compensation as agreed upon" or "they offered an alternative to giving us money, and we rejected that alternative"?

It means that compensation was given to a satisfactory level. Why does anything beyond that matter?

by the sounds of that, ltt won't either. so ig the assumption is that this situation was settled behind the scenes

Not really behind the scenes when it was tweeted about, put into multiple videos and had many posts written about it.

It's hardly behind the scenes when they gave a public update I'd say? They gave as public a statement of it being settled as we will get without spelling it out.

And this is exactly my last point. I think you are reading too much into it. As you can see in that same thread they gave their reasons for taking the money, including that they did get an alternative offer of getting the item itself back, for example. What does it matter if they were offered an alternative that they rejected? That is just more flame bait at this point as in my eyes it is predominantly founded on the notion that LTT would try to weasel out of it with a scummy counter offer.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

It means that compensation was given to a satisfactory level. Why does anything beyond that matter?

Not really behind the scenes when it was tweeted about, put into multiple videos and had many posts written about it.

>compensation was given

that's what i'm asking. are we assuming that's what that bit means? bc otherwise, there doesn't seem to be any concrete, publicly available source saying such

>not really behind the scenes

you're referring to the controversy as a whole. i'm referring to the resolution to this issue specifically. i haven't heard anything more about it besides linus briefly bringing up how they're preventing it from happening again after they came back

4 minutes ago, tikker said:

It's hardly behind the scenes when they gave a public update I'd say? They gave as public a statement of it being settled as we will get without spelling it out.

And this is exactly my last point. I think you are reading too much into it. As you can see in that same thread they gave their reasons for taking the money, including that they did get an alternative offer of getting the item itself back, for example. What does it matter if they were offered an alternative that they rejected? That is just more flame bait at this point as in my eyes it is predominantly founded on the notion that LTT would try to weasel out of it with a scummy counter offer.

>without spelling it out

that's what i'm asking for, whether either party publicly spelled it out. sounds like that's not the case tho. not trying to use that to cast doubt on ltt's integrity or anything, just curious if there was any more concrete followup

10 minutes ago, Saeumii said:

>without spelling it out

image.thumb.png.8759e85cb51cb0e7ab9e6779ff152319.png

This post & the previous post by billet are the most concrete followup you'll ever get.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

3 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

image.thumb.png.8759e85cb51cb0e7ab9e6779ff152319.png

This post & the previous post by billet are the most concrete followup you'll ever get.

ig that's fair

50 minutes ago, Saeumii said:

>without spelling it out

I think their statement so far is what it will stay at. If the agreement wasn't upheld I feel we would have heard about it.

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

>would have heard about it

that's a good point, but i was wondering if anything more substantive was available. seems like that's not the case tho, which is fine

1 hour ago, Saeumii said:

>compensation was given

that's what i'm asking. are we assuming that's what that bit means? bc otherwise, there doesn't seem to be any concrete, publicly available source saying such

>not really behind the scenes

you're referring to the controversy as a whole. i'm referring to the resolution to this issue specifically. i haven't heard anything more about it besides linus briefly bringing up how they're preventing it from happening again after they came back

They were given money. They and linus publically said that money was given. There is no assumption. It was stated in multiple places that money was given to Billet Labs.

8 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

They were given money. They and linus publically said that money was given. There is no assumption. It was stated in multiple places that money was given to Billet Labs.

>There is no assumption

all i'm saying is that the most concrete indication of this is billet labs saying "we chose to take the money instead", which isn't as cut as dry as it could be, like "lmg has compensated us as agreed upon" or some such, since it could also be interpreted as "we told them how much money we want, but haven't received the money yet". remember, the language linus used in the forum post wasn't cut and dry either, but everyone gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed billet labs was compensated

40 minutes ago, Saeumii said:

>There is no assumption

all i'm saying is that the most concrete indication of this is billet labs saying "we chose to take the money instead", which isn't as cut as dry as it could be, like "lmg has compensated us as agreed upon" or some such, since it could also be interpreted as "we told them how much money we want, but haven't received the money yet". remember, the language linus used in the forum post wasn't cut and dry either, but everyone gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed billet labs was compensated

You're stretching pretty hard. "we're taking the money" is very cut and dried. It does not matter who came up with the amount or what that amount was. Billet agreed to it and took the money.

I really don't see how you can interpret "we haven't received the money" or even why it matters when payment is made. Ltt and billet have reached an agreement. That should be the end of it, no?

2 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

You're stretching pretty hard. "we're taking the money" is very cut and dried. It does not matter who came up with the amount or what that amount was. Billet agreed to it and took the money.

I really don't see how you can interpret "we haven't received the money" or even why it matters when payment is made. Ltt and billet have reached an agreement. That should be the end of it, no?

>is very cut and dried

not when it could also mean "we have agreed to take money as compensation, but have not received it yet". again, linus, in the forum post he previously made, unintentionally implied that they'd settled with billet labs already when that was not the case. that's all i'm saying here, the language leaves some room for interpretation

>that should be the end of it

considering that billet labs haven't made any more of a fuss, that's very likely

27 minutes ago, Saeumii said:

>is very cut and dried

not when it could also mean "we have agreed to take money as compensation, but have not received it yet". again, linus, in the forum post he previously made, unintentionally implied that they'd settled with billet labs already when that was not the case. that's all i'm saying here, the language leaves some room for interpretation

>that should be the end of it

considering that billet labs haven't made any more of a fuss, that's very likely

The thing is, why would the wronged party, of all, make a whole public statement just to say "we are waiting for something"? You don't sell the hide before you've caught the bear. Hasty, premature statements like that only create more work to chase up on later. The whole message talking about the future to me is a clear cut indicator that things are settled and they have moved on.

3 minutes ago, tikker said:

The thing is, why would the wronged party, of all, make a whole public statement just to say "we are waiting for something"? You don't sell the hide before you've caught the bear. Hasty, premature statements like that only create more work to chase up on later. The whole message talking about the future to me is a clear cut indicator that things are settled and they have moved on.

>why would the wronged party

that's a good question, but they also said "asked for" instead of "received", which still makes me think that they had yet to settle at the time of the post. ofc, now that it's been some weeks and they haven't said anything more, ig it's as good an indicator as any that they have in fact gotten compensated