ANY way to get windows 11 drivers for the Radeon HD 7770 1GB?

Sanedish
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
2 minutes ago, Sanedish said:

The first issue i encountert is back again

image.png.42fa8003464123747c80bf13536bd0d6.png

You ARE connected to the hd7770 right?

I'd first off all go offline, use DDU to completely wipe the drivers and restart.

Then try the latest windows 10 driver OR the community driver.

Oh and for the community driver just get the gcn driver. The hd 7770 is gcn 1.0

Hi, i have this old PC here (wich i have the "pleasure" to use at the moment in part of loosing a challange) and it still has an Radeon HD 7770 1GB, i know i know, it's an old card, but still, i wan't it to work with windows 11.

Would there be a noticable perormance issue when using it with out drivers (Edit: Heck yes) (it's showing up as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" or so)? i'd also wanna (if possible) overclock the gpu, because it is bottlenecking my cpu, wich is something to archive .-.

All in all, i wouldn't care if i'd need to flash the bios or do mods to it, since it still is a 2012 low end shitbox, i just need to use it if possible.

I am using an Windows 11 instalation wich was modified in... eh... i have no idea, probably rufus, at least it is modified to not care about hardware and tpm.

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

Also: Please enable XMP/D.O.H.C before asking why your ram is too slow.

Windows 10 drivers will work in W11.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

Windows 10 drivers will work in W11.

I have tried istalling drivers using AMD Adrenalin, but the GPU doesn't get Recognized at all by Windows (see picture below)image.png.f90919173eb2968ece5a89171faa740d.pngimage.png.0e1d320fbdc635defc9792cb8d82a8d8.png

In case you got any standalone drivers wich work even with out an detected gpu in the system (igpu is disabled), please let me know

I am NOT a professional and I write before I think, so REFRESH THE PAGE!!!  Theres a 99% chance I've edited my post.

I have tried istalling drivers using AMD Adrenalin, but the GPU doesn't get Recognized at all by Windowsimage.png.f90919173eb2968ece5a89171faa740d.png

This is the Windows 10 64-bit drivers from the AMD website? https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7770-ghz-edition

There are also community modded drivers that are intended to add support for newer games and features that started being made after AMD dropped support for the old GCN 1 cards in 2021 - HD 7000 and Radeon 200/300 series cards. The drivers are unofficial, but may be another route you could take if you can't get official drivers to install. https://www.amernimezone.com/

8 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

This is the Windows 10 64-bit drivers from the AMD website? https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7770-ghz-edition

There are also community modded drivers that are intended to add support for newer games and features that started being made after AMD dropped support for the old GCN 1 cards in 2021 - HD 7000 and Radeon 200/300 series cards. The drivers are unofficial, but may be another route you could take if you can't get official drivers to install. https://www.amernimezone.com/

Nope, the Official Drivers are all Adrenalin, as far as i can tell, but thank you for the un official ones, but i can't find any drivers for "Cape Verde" there

You ARE connected to the hd7770 right?

I'd first off all go offline, use DDU to completely wipe the drivers and restart.

Then try the latest windows 10 driver OR the community driver.

Oh and for the community driver just get the gcn driver. The hd 7770 is gcn 1.0

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I installed Windows 10 and now it works with no problems.