Need help asus rog ally gaming handheld pc

Talon1984

I am wanting to buy a gaming handheld I am thinking of the rog ally. The problem I am having is  when i buy any electronic within a few months an newer one comes out. So my question is are there any new better handhelds coming out soon or should I go with the ROG ALLY? I know about the Steam Deck, but I think the Ally is better .

18 hours ago, Talon1984 said:

I am wanting to buy a gaming handheld I am thinking of the rog ally. The problem I am having is  when i buy any electronic within a few months an newer one comes out. So my question is are there any new better handhelds coming out soon or should I go with the ROG ALLY? I know about the Steam Deck, but I think the Ally is better .

The ROG Ally is much better than the Steam Deck due to its APU being of a newer architecture and having twice the CPU cores. However, it's happiest at around 1.5x the wattage of the Steam Deck's APU while they both have the same battery capacity, so don't expect more than 2h of runtime unless you really want to power limit the CPU. Windows also isn't made for handhelds, so expect some issues there when putting it to sleep like the battery draining out of nowhere (because Windows did stuff in the background) or other issues when waking it again and wanting to continue in your game. (Yes, the Ally runs Windows 11)

Edit: the issues described won't occur all the time but they do occur occasionally

how hard it is to take out the battery in my wheel chair I have a USB 3.0 port where I can charge it two batteries in the chair for charging.