Seizure warnings in videos

abraid

I always rave in the YouTube comments about your videos' unique seizure warning. I think across the industry this should become a standard since it really helps me enjoy the video without constantly being worried about strobe flashes. I would love to see this in movies/tv shows across the world. It doesn't have to be a popup but maybe a little yellow triangle in the bottom corner of the screen to let you know when something is about to happen and prepare yourself. I thank you again to whoever at LTT brought this up in the past and stuck with it!

This was discussed at length in 

Though with OP thinking what LTT does is not enough and there should be mention in description plus on the first couple of seconds. In a way you see the "warning! do not try these at home" things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

there  was a pokemon episode in the 90s that a scene with high intensity strobing red flashes. million of viewers around the world had a seizure .

56 minutes ago, ZeroDayWild said:

there  was a pokemon episode in the 90s that a scene with high intensity strobing red flashes. million of viewers around the world had a seizure .

It was actually hundreds of people ("More than 700" as the report says), due to red/blue flashes in an episode. And not around the world, only in Japan, since the episode did not air outside Pokemon's home country.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP038

http://edition.cnn.com/WORLD/9712/17/japan.cartoon/

Needless to say Pokemon has been much more careful with these types of effects. The main Pokemon of this episode - Porygon - and its later evolutions also thusfar have never had a main role in an episode since.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

here is the link to the famous pokemon video that will give you a seizure..   Give it a try.

5 minutes ago, ZeroDayWild said:

here is the link to the famous pokemon video that will give you a seizure..   Give it a try.

Thanks.  I just crashed my car.

last seizure warning i saw was pretty damn funny.

So a lightgun game review:

"Seizure warning: this game contains flashing images,  we're not responsible for any super powers that may give you..."

of course not political correct,  but i still thought it was pretty funny ... 

same video,  different game, because it had microtransactions: "i refuse to call this a game"

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity