Can somebody recognize these PC parts?

AXLPLaZEReD

Title, this is being sold as a untested parts lot and im curious about the parts included

CDN mediaCDN mediaCDN media

Difficult to recognise the motherboards in those pictures, but the PCI slots are a sign that they're pretty old. Maybe Sandybridge if you're lucky.

Looking at the graphics cards the 8800GT and gigabyte HD5850 are easily recognisable. Both those cards are about 15 years old now. 

Even if you knew the parts were working and in good condition they probably wouldn't be worth buying. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Even the more "impressive" looking triple fan Gigabyte is most likely GTX 470 SOC, there isn't many Nvidia cards that has that setup of DVI-ports (two side-by-side) with that kind of coolers. Later cards have DVI-ports on top of each other and earlier cards have NVidia Blowers™ mostly or two fans at most.

It's e-waste, none of this is even worth to get today. Everything shown is at least 10 to 15 years old. Don't buy literal untested junk that was obviously not stored properly with low quality pictures.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'd call that lot "too old to be useful, too new to be interesting".

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

windows xp gaming machine parts.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

On 10/19/2023 at 3:29 PM, AXLPLaZEReD said:

Title, this is being sold as a untested parts lot and im curious about the parts included

CDN mediaCDN mediaCDN media

Rule of thumb:

1. Get a clear individual picture of each part, from the top and from the "port side", so for MB's this is the side with the USB ports, and for Expansion cards this is the side with the faceplate. If you can't get this. Do NOT buy. When you see "lot"'s like this, it's someone cleaning out their garage, and thus they are just getting rid of stuff they don't want, and you likely don't want anyway.

2. You can generally tell if something is worth "considering" if it has PCIe, PCI, VLBUS/ISA slots on it. If it has VLB/ISA it's 486-era equipment. If it's PCI+AGP it's 1997 to 2010. If it's PCI only it's 486 or Pentium/AMD K6 era. If it's ISA only it's a 386 or older.

From the last picture, the only parts that I would even be slightly interested is the Gigabyte card on the left, as that has a generally newer cooler style (3 fans in a double-width card) where as older cards would be single width, or only two or one fan. Though just looking up images of Gigabyte coolers, that might actually be a GTX 580, and thus, garbage.

For GPU's only, you need the exact part number. If you can't get it, pass. It may as well be TEMU/Wish trash.

3. If you are trying to build a computer from scratch using only eBay parts, you are going to be sadly disappointed. As often said to sellers, you will get more if you part out a complete system, because usually the only parts people want are the GPU, CPU or RAM. Once any of these parts are older than 3 years, they're basically eWaste. RAM in particular, lasts nearly forever, so you will only ever see like 4GB and 8GB sticks from people who upgraded to 32GB or 64GB and just want to get rid of it. CPU's though, nobody is good at shipping a CPU, so unless it's in a box, or already mounted to a motherboard and "Works" in that board as tested, having a bare CPU or bare MB shipped that isn't in the original box is likely going to end up with bent pins or other physical damage.

Basically, from my perspective

PCIe 3/DDR4 equipment (Skylake 2016 to Tiger Lake 2020) - Still viable

PCIe 2/DDR3 (2007 -2015), Do not buy. 

AGP 8x/PCIe 1/DDR2 (2003), Do not buy.

AGP 4x/DDR (2001), Do not buy

AGP 2x/ (1997), Buy only for Win98 game machines

The main reason you would not buy anything older than 2016 is that the power usage is substantially worse than a new part. So unless you need those parts to maintain some old legacy infrastructure, you're just wasting money. Believe it or not, but data centers charge customers for the outlet, and if they don't use the full outlet capacity in their rack cage, then it's just wasted. This is why there is often no incentive to upgrade old equipment. It costs them the same amount of money to operate a 20 year old computer as it does to operate a 2 year old one. Linux in particular hasn't made much movement against depreciating old CPU's, and neither has FreeBSD, so you can generally keep using old equipment until they decide it's not worth doing. Ubuntu only dropped i386 support THIS year, FreeBSD demoted i386 two years ago. 

So a lot of eWaste is basically stuff NEWER than 1997 but older than 2016. Essentially because most 64-bit software (even for windows) has been around since 2005. All Skylake (2016)+ stuff will still run the current the current x86-64 instruction set and the only thing stopping them from running Windows 11 is the TPM implementation. 

TL;DNR version: Don't buy anything without photos of the part number so you can check. If it's older than 2016, don't even consider it, be it CPU, GPU, MB, RAM.

On 10/21/2023 at 3:20 PM, toms94z71 said:

windows xp gaming machine parts.

Actually these might land in era between XP and Win10 (2001-2009) known as "Vista". WinXP didn't have 64bit support really (it was super rare). So if you wanted to have 64bit OS, it was Vista time. 

So that bunch could be my first own money bought PC from 2008. It had 8800GT and Abit board not too distinct from those. Though the top mobo on that pile might be PCIe only.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I am so sorry I forgot about this lol

I was planning to buy them because I love tinkering with parts, and possibly resell quite a few of them (They are still being bought for budget gaming PCs mainly for counter strike and such games) as my country is simply like that... people still buy ancient GPUs and parts haha

The GTX 480 I would keep for myself as its incredibly rare down here, the topmost motherboard I would also keep because I need it for testing... if it worked (I have 2 LGA1155 CPUs and 2 DDR3 RAM sticks)

The PSUs would probably get resold, same goes for the HDDs

The good thing about it is; I cannot lose money. The lot costs $40, I can easily get all that money back if I recycled everything (I know a person who would buy everything off of me for recycling purposes). I got $5 for Mobo+RAM+Cooler, let alone 4 mobos, 8 GPUs, 8 HDDs, 4 PSUs and whatever more is on there.

It is a win-win. Ill have fun tinkering with parts, probably find something that I can keep for myself, and then return all of that money with ease.

+ I am building a couple of retro computers. I just finished gathering parts for my XP build, now I am going for a Vista/7 build.