Does modem quality matter?

WindyDays

So I'm not too familiar with networking products apart from routers, mainly because I haven't had another one since ADSL2. My current networking setup involves an old modem/router, but the recently increasing demands for wifi in my household warrants for a long needed upgrade.

Although I already have some considerations for a new router, I'm not really sure what modem to get. Does it really matter as long as the router is good?

Thank you for all replies.

i would say yes - my friend has a modem from the ISP which they replace every year becuasei t breaks down a recently it giving him insane pings

asus and Dlink sells pretty good router/modem combo

but most people get a good router and bridge the modem so the router does all the work

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I personally prefer having the chips manufactured from silicon wafers as opposed to fecal matter, but I don't judge, if that's your thing then sure. ;) Just kidding

It does matter if stability's an issue. If the users in the household don't appreciate down time then you'll need something inherently more reliable (yes it's linked, just like everything else in this world. You get what you pay for) 

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Actually... can I just use my current modem/router as a bridge for the new router? lol