Bigger case to replace TT x71, & possible external W/cooling mod idea.

loony979

I seen a case that i like tho it has a massive price tag on it of Australian Dollar $849 Lian Li V3000 Plus - Website PCCG, ill use it to put all four of my rads with room for some more, however if there is another cheaper case that can hold more rads as well im all ears. The case i got now still functions holds everything i have TT x71. With soon to be 45oC or even up to the high 40's coming this summer like 48oC days. I want to get-test out more rads for my build. & yes i know all i can achieve is the ambient temps of the room the pc is in. This is where the possible Mod or some what stupid idea comes to light.

Ive got a spare Corsair Air 540 case just sitting here, i guess i could put in a 240 & a 360.

For years ive had the idea tho don't think it'll work but worth saying it to see if any 1 has any insight or even tested it out. So ive got 4 rads in the system already over the years all good tho i can do better im sure. Do i need to do this no, tho im going to try it out anyway. My current case is a Thermaletake Core x71 OG Version non glass Edition the Original 1. How it's set up now is:

EK CoolStream PE 120 Single Radiator - rear fan left of Cpu.

EK CoolStream XE 240 Double Radiator - top of case.

EK CoolStream SE 360 Slim Triple Radiator - bottom chamber with the psu of case.

EK CoolStream SE 480 Slim Quad Radiator - front of case.

So ive got the case maxed out in terms of rads. The case has many grommets tho i think i can use my 2 EK AF: Pass-Through G1/4 Nickel to send the tubing out. Now the idea i have is jees this is going to sound so weird but what ever. (Linus has come up with a more exotic extraordinary idea him self), (whole room water cooled with a bathtub lol & his new pool) So send the tubing lines out (pass thru) to right angle fitting) to drop straight down under the table into a large tub coil the tubing space out the coil tubing seal the tub up. Have it spaced out so the tubing isn't going to touch kinda like a garden hose wound up a few times fill the tub up with water. The tub will be under the table were it is much more cooler (temperature like it gets cold there even on a warm day) then were the pc sits on the table. 74cm/29" Hope you get the idea.

I may have to get a water cooling plate if coiling the tubing doesn't work or if you guys know better. Not sure yet so the cooler water under the table transfers better. Ive even thought of sending tubing to under the house into a metal box dig into the ground put the metal box in there then the tub, send the lines back in & seal the metal box. Tho not sure if that would be cooler in terms of temps. Crazy idea's yeah i know, but hey am willing to do it & take suggestions. & also learn from if others have come up with this idea b4. & what were the results. I know some people hang a rad outside of there window but um yeah not a chance in the world would i ever in this heat do that.

If my idea works to well & temps drop so low then ill have to worry about condensation. That's a real thing to be concerned about as well.

My specs: Copied from my signature. I need to get a Contact Frame soon.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w.

Is there another case like the 1 mentioned above that comes in at a better price that can hold many rads like it ? & what do you think of the idea. Please be kind lol. I know it's an out there idea ive been sitting on for years now. Linus had a crazy idea, ive got 1 as well. Unless his willing to test thing out. don't think he would tho.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

So instead of moving case get an ac for your room because 45c ambient temps is enough to cause damage to components

Days of these high temps are rare, tho they do come. it's why i use profiles 1 for summer & 1 for winter, most of summer is mid to 30's some days it can get into the 40's. As a portable is crap. The case im looking at & the idea is mostly what im after. Tho thanks for the advice i am getting an aircon soon. Im just trying to up my case & do better on cooling. With my 7600k i got 4.8 ghs @ around 80oC. This new cpu it gets hot still with 4 rads on a 22oC day. 87oC 5.7ghz.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w