Cleaning solution for keeping mouse and keyboard fresh

InsomChris

I'm the type of person that needs to wash hands before using my mouse and keyboard, and I always wipe desk, monitor, PC and mouse and keyboard with a microfiber cloth before use. ( gets kinda dusty sometimes ), what is your cleaning solution for keeping your mouse and keyboard dirt and grime free? I was looking at a foam spray product on amazon not sure tho.

I personally use disinfecting wipes, such as the ones from the picture below

I just get one, clean my space and drop it in the trash 🙂

Disinfecting Wipes

I place a towel over my workspace after every use so the dust doesn't build overnight and extended uses. I noticed that dust can make a surface feel super grimy. I am also a fan of taking my components apart and washing them as needed to get the grime off.

For example, I let my 3 year old play rocket league over the weekend... which was a big mistake lol... but he had super grimy fingers. My controller felt like sweaty butt cheeks. I just took it apart and washed the exterior plastics with soap. It's beautiful now! Feels great.

I've also saved a ton of money buying used Drop key caps and just giving them a good soap bath when they arrive. Never know what the previous people did to them. But some Dawn power spray, hot water, compressed air, and a fat does wonders for plastics.

Just use it and clean it when you feel like it needs to be cleaned.

1 hour ago, InsomChris said:

I'm the type of person that needs to wash hands before using my mouse and keyboard, and I always wipe desk, monitor, PC and mouse and keyboard with a microfiber cloth before use. ( gets kinda dusty sometimes ), what is your cleaning solution for keeping your mouse and keyboard dirt and grime free? I was looking at a foam spray product on amazon not sure tho.

Wet wipes & Microfiber cloth

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Wet wipes, mf cloth, air duster and stiff bristled paint brush for those crooks & nannies that hold hair, crumbs and other nasties the first three cannot shift/ reach.