Can I Buy A PS5 In Europe And Use My Canadian Sony Account?

maplepants

Question's in the title really. I've been looking for info on this, but most articles I find by searching are about whether you can travel with your console.

My problem is that I move to Europe about 15 years ago, but I already had a PS3 with a lot of digital games. Since changing accounts isn't possible on PlayStation, I bought my PS4 in Canada when it came out and just flew home with it. Currency exchanges being what they are, I'd like to avoid that for this go around. 

Has anyone bought a PS5 in one country and set it up as the primary PS5 for account from another country?

I have both a USA Account and a British account on my British PS3 and British PS4, at the same time. I don't see why a PS5 shouldn't work the same as the PS4 did.

You can use your accounts on PS3,4 and 5. I have an Australian account and an Italian account. I live in Italy so I buy the games on the Italian account, but I play them on the Australian (main) one. Let’s just hope that Sony doesn’t remove the game sharing feature.