Can someone tell me why visual studio does not work?

TECHNICAL GAMER

I am a student and I know a little python but wanted to dabble with c++. I have tried installing visual studio and vs code many times, even on fresh install of windows, but it just neve seems to work. It always tells me "The exe file not find" or something like that. This time, I thought I fixed it by choosing the console app template and it worked, until I changed the code. The exe file neve updates. It always shows 'hello world', which was the output by the sample code. Its really frustrating, as there are not many other options out there. I tried dev-c++, but the interface is very outdated and its always in light mode. 

Please Help Me😔😔

3 minutes ago, HotLoli42069 said:

It always tells me "The exe file not find" or something like that.

Precise error message and/or screenshot would be helpful. Do you get that message when you open the editor or at some other point?

Can you provide more info about the hardware, which Windows version you're using and how you installed these programs?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Precise error message and/or screenshot would be helpful. Do you get that message when you open the editor or at some other point?

Can you provide more info about the hardware, which Windows version you're using and how you installed these programs?

I found out how to make it work. I can't add any other files, only edit consoleapplication1 . I am currently on windows 11, with an i3 10100f and a bottom of the barrel gt710. If you know how can i make it run other files, please tell me.

1 minute ago, HotLoli42069 said:

I found out how to make it work. I can't add any other files, only edit consoleapplication1 . I am currently on windows 11, with an i3 10100f and a bottom of the barrel gt710. If you know how can i make it run other files, please tell me.

I have no idea what you mean by "add/run other files". Please provide more info about what exactly you're doing and where. Are you talking about Visual Studio or VS Code? Did you create a new C++ project or what did you do?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

10 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

I have no idea what you mean by "add/run other files". Please provide more info about what exactly you're doing and where. Are you talking about Visual Studio or VS Code? Did you create a new C++ project or what did you do?

I created a console app template in VS not code and now it works. Thanks for the help though