LTT Backpack Rain Cover

KalobP

I’m going on a trip to Disney World next week & would like to get a rain cover for my LTT backpack to protect it. Apparently an official cover is in the works, but does anyone know of one on Amazon that fits that I can buy today? Most of them only go up to ~10 inches of width from what I can tell & the backpack is 11.5 inches of width.

I know a lot of them would probably fit but would love a recommendation here if anyone has one!

Wishing the best for finding the most correct solution.

IMVHO i would not use that backpack in such crowded place.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

2 minutes ago, mMontana said:

Wishing the best for finding the most correct solution.

IMVHO i would not use that backpack in such crowded place.

Understandable- but I go pretty often & always carry a backpack for merch or other random things (medicines, battery bank, rain jacket, etc). The LTT bag is just so much more comfortable than any other backpack I own, especially when carrying it around for 8-10hrs in 100+ deg heat

IVMHO measuring is the key. Better with a cord that can be shortened for fully envelop the backpack.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

We have one coming soon, but that won't help you much today 😞

There's always Hefty bags. (The "notebook mouse pad" of backpack rain covers!)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 8/29/2023 at 5:19 PM, LinusTech said:

Appreciate the reply! Going to try a basic REI cover for now & see how it holds up until I get the official cover.

On 8/29/2023 at 10:19 PM, LinusTech said:

Looking forward to seeing it, especially given the UK Weather as of late 🙂 

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2023 at 11:19 PM, LinusTech said:

Kinda hoped it'd be out for BFCM, but I'll just get it with my next order - pulled the trigger on an order to EU, you guys came up with some amazing deals, thank you 😄

Regarding the rain cover, any idea when the 'soon' might actually be?🤞

23 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

We're working on costs right now... It could end up being like $70 with all the stuff I want....

I mean, even a basic shower-cap style cover (which is honestly all I'd personally need) will run you around 30 bucks at MEC. I imagine a version at LTT quality standards, even without the bells and whistles you'd like to add, could easily run for 50-60 bucks alone. 

I'm exceedingly curious to hear what kind of features you'd like to include in a backpack cover though, hopefully it'll come up on a WAN show in the new year. 

"Follow your heart; sometimes, it knows where to redeem valuable coupons!" 
-Loaf32

17 hours ago, Somtaw said:

I mean, even a basic shower-cap style cover (which is honestly all I'd personally need) will run you around 30 bucks at MEC. I imagine a version at LTT quality standards, even without the bells and whistles you'd like to add, could easily run for 50-60 bucks alone. 

I'm exceedingly curious to hear what kind of features you'd like to include in a backpack cover though, hopefully it'll come up on a WAN show in the new year. 

I'll be honest.... The big one is that I want graphics with multiple colours of reflective ink and it changes the application process enough to have a significant impact on cost lol...... 

It might not be realistic, but I'd be cool if it could fit in the passport pocket

2 hours ago, LinusTech said:

I'll be honest.... The big one is that I want graphics with multiple colours of reflective ink and it changes the application process enough to have a significant impact on cost lol...... 

Maybe go with multiple SKUs where there would be one that's relatively cheap, all black with some reflective LTT logo or something, and a 'premium' design with Sarah's dinos, and other cool stuff for higher price? That'd allow you to have what you want to see there, and I'm sure a lot of us would buy it, whilst having a more reasonably priced version of essentially the same product but with different graphic design

3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

And here I thought you'd be tending towards some over-engineered hardshell design, maybe a clip-on air umbrella. 😂

Half-jokes aside, I think that'll be a great option for those looking for a splash of colour or personality to their bags. Personally, I'll be keeping an eye out for the basic black option because I'm boring like that. 😅

"Follow your heart; sometimes, it knows where to redeem valuable coupons!" 
-Loaf32

For anyone interested in the update, the most recent one is in the last week's WAN show, link below.

To the merch team, reflective grey mountains and rainbow northern lights above? YES. That'd be so cool, the price Linus mentions is not even high imo, please make it happen! ❤️