I'm enfuriated with Apple! Should I delete my Apple account?

Issac Zachary

Not sure if you are trolling or just not all there upstairs...

Using an outdated application or not doesn't solve the problem.

So, if you don't put petrol in your car and it doesn't start, is that the car company's fault?

That's exactly what your "thinking" basically suggests...

Problem: I can rent a movies from Apple just find but then I can't watch them.

The internet exists, and even the outdated application suggests using Apple TV+ for rentals and streaming and downloading purchased video content. If you don't own an Apple TV, or any of their crap...WHY on this god greened earth would you need to rent it from Apple?! and then make THEM out to be the problem, hahaha that is just so damned weird...

Problem: I pay money, then can't use the product I paid for.

Ok then, why not just rent a VHS from Blockbuster? Or buy a Blu-ray disc without owning a Blu-ray player?! 

You strike me as someone who'd probably DM someone your credit card details and be puzzled when the card gets cleared out.
People can rent video content from so many other non-Apple ventures that have Windows native applications.

Any suggestions? Or are you an Apple representitive that will come back with something like, "Oh, just sell your PC and buy a Mac, problem solved!"

Nah, I'm just someone who read a diarrhetic rill of nonsense and had to figure out why...but the reply definitely filled in the blanks more ways than one, and I soon regretted even asking at all.

Why are you using iTunes for windows when there are apps for everything, including TVs? You could get a fire stick and plug it into a computer monitor via HDMI and watch your rentals that way.

On 8/23/2023 at 11:27 PM, Issac Zachary said:

So I don't use Apple that much. This is what I use my Apple account for:

1. An iPad mini I no longer use as it is so old it no longer and need to sell or recycle.
  2. I really like watching movies on line in Spanish. The problem is there is no other service that offers so many moves in Spanish. Most are either in English (Amazon) or require a subscription (such as Disney or Netflix).
  3. I've been kind of interested in Apple Music. After trying out free trial subscriptions to Spotify, Apple Music and Pandora I decided I prefer Apple Music. But I don't know that I listen to enough music to justify the cost.
  4. I've also been kind of interested in an iPhone SE because of the length Apple updates their phones. But now Google and Samsung update their phones for about 5 years, so I'm not sure I really care. Plus the phones that have what's most interesting for me are Motorola and Nokia.

But it's the movie rentals that drive me crazy. Back before the pandemic iTunes worked fine for watching rented movies. But it's been a couple years I keep trying to watch movies on iTunes but just can't. I'm sick of it! I've tried, I've complained to Apple, I've asked for refunds and now I'm through! I've tried it on many different computers and it never works.

Anyhow, I'm so upset with this not working. Why is it that iTunes for Windows can not work for so long and Apple not do anything about it?

Sorry for venting. But I just feel like deleting my Apple account and making sure my money never goes to Apple again. But on the other hand I feel I might regret it some day. My email, which I only have one of, will never be able to be used for an Apple account ever again. Can someone just console me or yell at me or something please so I can think about this rationally!

When jobs died so did apples innovation

1 hour ago, natie said:

The internet exists, and even the outdated application suggests using Apple TV+ for rentals and streaming and downloading purchased video content.

Where and when did Apple ever suggest that iTunes for PC was outdated and that I should use an Apple TV for rentals? For some reason I never got the memo. All I know is that rentals and my purchased movies from Apple worked fine on iTunes for years and then it suddenly just stopped displaying the actualy video. I can download and stream and hear the audio on iTunes, but I don't see any video. I've posted this problem on here and several times on the Apple Discussions forum with no help as to getting rentals from Apple working on my PC until possibly this very thread with: Kaine_ver.1.22474487139 said: Upgrade to the Apple TV app for Windows, Itunes is outdated.

1 hour ago, natie said:

If you don't own an Apple TV, or any of their crap...WHY on this god greened earth would you need to rent it from Apple?! and then make THEM out to be the problem, hahaha that is just so damned weird...

Sorry, it worked fine for years on iTunes. I didn't know I needed to go buy an Apple TV.

1 hour ago, Mattumanu said:

Why are you using iTunes for windows when there are apps for everything, including TVs? You could get a fire stick and plug it into a computer monitor via HDMI and watch your rentals that way.

I liked renting for Apple because they are thus far the only ones who rent the movies I want in the languages I want.

I've tried Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime, YouTube Premium and Hulu and all those either have movies only in English, or the movies I want to watch aren't part of the subscription plans they offer.

1 hour ago, natie said:

Ok then, why not just rent a VHS from Blockbuster? Or buy a Blu-ray disc without owning a Blu-ray player?! 

You strike me as someone who'd probably DM someone your credit card details and be puzzled when the card gets cleared out.
People can rent video content from so many other non-Apple ventures that have Windows native applications.

Apple never said that their iTunes for PC player was broken for good. It just stopped working. Asking on Apple Discussions has got me to do a lot of things to my computer to try to get it to work to no avail. It would have been a lot nicer if Apple just came out and said "iTunes for Windows is no longer supported even though it appears to work just fine for everything until it goes to play a rented movie that you rented directly from the iTunes app."

I think as far as renting movies online is concerned I'm through. I downloaded Apple TV for PC like @Kaine_ver.1.22474487139 suggested, but I think I'll just uninstall without even trying it and just buy Blurays and DVD's and rip them as those seem to be the only source of any movie I want with actual language options. And plus they work on those days the internet is out because of a storm and I want to watch a movie. I also don't feel like supporting Apple right now.

I don't rent movies from Apple, but I have bought a lot. No problem. My current phone is from 2018 and is set to get iOS 17.. not too shabby.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X