Hows your mental health been?

Marcolinonesto

Hello!

With everything that's been going on lately, I've been feeling pretty bad mental health speaking, I obviously try to not let it get it to me, but reading all this hate (legitimate or not) does end up taking a toll. Yes I obviously know that none of this is about me, nor do I want to make it about me, and yes I can ignore all of it, but at the end of the day it does get pretty addictive reading all the discourse around all of the different situations that have recently happened.

Have any of you felt like this impacted your mood or the way you feel like in real life?

I feel like it's just a lot of youtuber drama about a company doing what a company does best (being shitty), I find it honestly funny to read sometimes but all of the stuff is kinda repetitive so I mostly ignore it.

All in all, it gave me a good chuckle and that's it, everything is pretty irrelevant for my actual life.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

11 minutes ago, Marcolinonesto said:

Hello!

With everything that's been going on lately, I've been feeling pretty bad mental health speaking, I obviously try to not let it get it to me, but reading all this hate (legitimate or not) does end up taking a toll. Yes I obviously know that none of this is about me, nor do I want to make it about me, and yes I can ignore all of it, but at the end of the day it does get pretty addictive reading all the discourse around all of the different situations that have recently happened.

Have any of you felt like this impacted your mood or the way you feel like in real life?

Time to put down the phone mate. I know it’s hard but maybe stay off the forum/internet for a day or too if it’s getting to you. I say this completely genuinely, go out & touch some grass. Talk to people you know in real life. 

A lot of folk that are responding with really strong opinions but to be honest I don’t fell half of them are genuine. So don’t let it get to you too much. Folk overreact in the internet. 

Also, if you find the downier continues after a few days, and you’ve tried changing things up, talk to a friend or even a DR. Don’t suffer alone mate 🙂 

26 minutes ago, igormp said:

I feel like it's just a lot of youtuber drama about a company doing what a company does best (being shitty), I find it honestly funny to read sometimes but all of the stuff is kinda repetitive so I mostly ignore it.

All in all, it gave me a good chuckle and that's it, everything is pretty irrelevant for my actual life.

That's how it started for me too, I was just chuckling at all the insane stuff people would say, but what I noticed soon after was that I myself was starting to feel it too, some of the real insane thoughts that make absolutely no sense started getting to me, stuff like wishing LMG would fail started popping up in my head and making me legitimately angry.

24 minutes ago, Afternoon Tea said:

Time to put down the phone mate. I know it’s hard but maybe stay off the forum/internet for a day or too if it’s getting to you. I say this completely genuinely, go out & touch some grass. Talk to people you know in real life. 

A lot of folk that are responding with really strong opinions but to be honest I don’t fell half of them are genuine. So don’t let it get to you too much. Folk overreact in the internet. 

Also, if you find the downier continues after a few days, and you’ve tried changing things up, talk to a friend or even a DR. Don’t suffer alone mate 🙂 

Yeah that's what I feel like, I literally only have a single day off from work weekly so I always need to get out and touch some grass whether I like it or not, that and deal with the public, I work at the service industry so I talk to lots of different people daily, not socially but it helps.

I feel like a lot is just Linus hate for the sake of Linus hate, but I don't wanna get in into that whole discussion as Im really not taking sides in any of it.

I've struggled alone for years and years with stuff like this, just learning to swallow it and not think about it, I've tried going to therapy but unfortunately I couldn't pay for it out of pocket so I had to give it up.

18 minutes ago, Marcolinonesto said:

but what I noticed soon after was that I myself was starting to feel it too, some of the real insane thoughts that make absolutely no sense started getting to me, stuff like wishing LMG would fail started popping up in my head and making me legitimately angry.

I guess you just kept reading stuff way too much. After the thread here went over page 5 I gave up and never opened it again, I have better things to do other than try to keep up with people defending/attacking an youtube sub-celebrity. Maybe try to just move away from the forum for a while? Play some games and watch some movies.

Also, why should you care if a company like LMG fails or not? It will change absolutely nothing in your life, there's no point for you to even think about such things, you're better off thinking about what tasty food you can eat in your day off, stress out about how you can ask that girl/boy out, or just daydream about some gaming setup that you want.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

2 minutes ago, igormp said:

I guess you just kept reading stuff way too much. After the thread here went over page 5 I gave up and never opened it again, I have better things to do other than try to keep up with people defending/attacking an youtube sub-celebrity. Maybe try to just move away from the forum for a while? Play some games and watch some movies.

Also, why should you care if a company like LMG fails or not? It will change absolutely nothing in your life, there's no point for you to even think about such things, you're better off thinking about what tasty food you can eat in your day off, stress out about how you can ask that girl/boy out, or just daydream about some gaming setup that you want.

You do have a point there, I do have better things to do, but at the same time I've been so bored at my own life that this at least helps me pass time. I literally just started at the forum now, only lurking when I needed to troubleshoot something I was too dumb to figure out by myself. Lately I've been bored out of sim racing and I watch so many different shows I feel bad for the amount of time I spend doing it.

I shouldn't care, but it's not like I got much of a life to care about anyway so this stuff just gets to me more than it ever should. I'm no one special and my life isn't that great, mostly home-work-home, I've got no friends and almost no people I care about. I do day dream a lot tho, mostly because I'm broke. 

Honestly, not the best. Been unemployeed for about a year now, unemployment is long gone and I'm selling things to keep going. Had some interviews (which is VERY hard for a complete introvert like me) but yeah.

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

7 minutes ago, Shin-Gouki said:

Honestly, not the best. Been unemployeed for about a year now, unemployment is long gone and I'm selling things to keep going. Had some interviews (which is VERY hard for a complete introvert like me) but yeah.

That sucks to read, but I do feel for you, been in the exact same situation a year ago and I end up just going to whatever job came first. I'm not happy, but at least bills are paid. Don't do like me tho or you'll end up being miserable two months in. Don't give up, and just stay calm, things will eventually fall into place.

Just now, Marcolinonesto said:

That sucks to read, but I do feel for you, been in the exact same situation a year ago and I end up just going to whatever job came first. I'm not happy, but at least bills are paid. Don't do like me tho or you'll end up being miserable two months in. Don't give up, and just stay calm, things will eventually fall into place.

Thanks man, I have been trying for things I am way overqualified for but people see my resume and are like He'll be gone as soon as something better comes along. I have Disabilities as well so that limits what I can do.

Thanks for the kind words brotha

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

1 hour ago, Marcolinonesto said:

Hello!

The two things I learned about online community long time ago is that I need to learn to detach myself at any point, and take a step back to get clearer broader view. Unless I want to go nuts.

I mean geez, fell sick and just started to recover some days ago, starting to go online a lot again, one of the first videos YT gave straight in front of my eyes were GN's 1st video. Then the storm started, went in a bit then detached myself. Then the madison thing showed up, and since it's a ultra serious matter that may ruin one or more peoples lives on each sides, I try to keep myself distant from it and just wait for further -REAL- investigations. I don't see any point arguing or watching an argument about something that is still kinda floating in limbo.

But yep, I hate to say this since it's like I'm happy seeing other misfortune (which I'm not), but "luckily" there's peoples having problems with their pc parts all the time, in which I can devote my "bored time" to. I'm not a pro technician or troubleshooter, but eh.. at the very least I can help solve the minor problems so peoples with more expertise can spend their time for major problems. And there's also mangas & animes.

My countrymen probably helped too with training the detaching and taking a step back method. Lots of online scammers here, including those who have quad faces.

A long time ago though... o' boy...  If I have a time machine I'd go back and smack my old self.

Anyway, yeah, if you started feeling your mental health is affected, it is high time for you to take a break from it. It's not like LMG is going to compensate you for your deteriorating mental health over LMG's problem.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

4 minutes ago, Shin-Gouki said:

Thanks man, I have been trying for things I am way overqualified for but people see my resume and are like He'll be gone as soon as something better comes along. I have Disabilities as well so that limits what I can do.

Thanks for the kind words brotha

Sometimes you just gotta take the L because bills gotta get paid, that said you should never stop looking for stuff on your qualifications, even if you find something else. Hold on to the small things in life, the ones that really make you happy, even just a song is enough at least for me. Been down on the rocks one too many times but always managed to get myself out.

In terms of the drama regarding LTT, I'm not angry at what they (allegedly) did. I'm angry at myself for having someone in such a high regard as LTT influenced me to chase the career I'm chasing and recommending their videos and products to others. What made me think hard was seeing how awful people in the general tech community are. 

Besides that, been struggling somewhat with what seems like undiagnosed ADHD and mild depression, but it's all part of the course

not great.

dealing with getting screw on a roof replacement. due to insurance crap.

then my best friend. simple vanished and stop taking my calls and other people calls.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Feeling a bit down due to lack of social contact recently, been stuck at home due to going full-Linus on a wooden log that ended up smashing some bones in my foot. The doctors realised I'm not the type to sit still, so they put a cast on my foot to force me to take a rest.

Anyway, other than that, pretty shitty to be honest:

• Person I was interested in picked up her bags and moved to Italy out of the blue,
  • Housing prices are going up quicker than I can save up money. And people around me are constantly gaslighting me by saying that it's just my fault that I can't purchase a dwelling, not the fact that between this time last year and now the price of a house went up by about 60k EUR.
  • A grandparent died a couple of months ago,
  • Struggling with some other health issues due to medical malpractice,
  • One of my college friends was killed in Ukraine earlier this year by Russian scumbags,
  • My holiday was cancelled due to airline staff going on strike.

On the other hand:

• Got a lazy couch R&D job at a large multinational corporation as main job now, so working less and earning way more than before,
  • Circuit design and process development consultancy is going fine.
  • I found my 10 mm spanner again while cleaning this morning.

So yeah, not the best place I've ever been.

Dealing with stuff. Getting help 😢

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

22 hours ago, post_screen said:

In terms of the drama regarding LTT, I'm not angry at what they (allegedly) did. I'm angry at myself for having someone in such a high regard as LTT influenced me to chase the career I'm chasing and recommending their videos and products to others. What made me think hard was seeing how awful people in the general tech community are. 

Besides that, been struggling somewhat with what seems like undiagnosed ADHD and mild depression, but it's all part of the course

I mean, you should never hold anyone you never met irl in high regard, everyone online always portraits the best image of themselves, and I don't just mean LTT, it's literally any personality, we are all humans at the end of the day and make mistakes, to me that's the true meaning of the "never meet your heroes" saying. But you should never regret anything, even if influenced by them, in the end you made that decision for yourself because it made sense to do so.

21 hours ago, dogwitch said:

not great.

dealing with getting screw on a roof replacement. due to insurance crap.

then my best friend. simple vanished and stop taking my calls and other people calls.

Well that sucks to read... I hope your friend ultimately made contact with you again, if not, I hope everything is okay with him.

22 hours ago, ImorallySourcedElectrons said:

Feeling a bit down due to lack of social contact recently, been stuck at home due to going full-Linus on a wooden log that ended up smashing some bones in my foot. The doctors realised I'm not the type to sit still, so they put a cast on my foot to force me to take a rest.

Anyway, other than that, pretty shitty to be honest:

• Person I was interested in picked up her bags and moved to Italy out of the blue,
  • Housing prices are going up quicker than I can save up money. And people around me are constantly gaslighting me by saying that it's just my fault that I can't purchase a dwelling, not the fact that between this time last year and now the price of a house went up by about 60k EUR.
  • A grandparent died a couple of months ago,
  • Struggling with some other health issues due to medical malpractice,
  • One of my college friends was killed in Ukraine earlier this year by Russian scumbags,
  • My holiday was cancelled due to airline staff going on strike.

On the other hand:

• Got a lazy couch R&D job at a large multinational corporation as main job now, so working less and earning way more than before,
  • Circuit design and process development consultancy is going fine.
  • I found my 10 mm spanner again while cleaning this morning.

So yeah, not the best place I've ever been.

Well that sucks to read too, I hope you make a fast and full recovery! Also, remember when Luke hurt himself trying to break the hacked SSD?

Housing prices are by no means your fault, its terrible everywhere, I'm paying 400€ rent for my house, but my job only pays around 800€ so it's been a struggle but thankfully been able to keep bills in check. Don't get to have much fun do to the small amount of money left after bills, but I'm glad I got my own place to stay, at least for now.

17 hours ago, EllieCat said:

Dealing with stuff. Getting help 😢

At least I'm glad you're getting help, it's the biggest step into getting better other than also helping yourself.

This is an extremely important discussion. To those going through the problems mentioned I am really sorry to hear about peoples troubles. 

However there is something important here that needs to be discussed. First my experiences. I was diagnosed as an adult with aspergers, ocd, add, all the stuff. I went to my doctor with mental health issues and was sent to a psychiatrist who within one meeting sent me to a psychologist, who within one meeting sent me to the mental health department at the hospital where I had to report to every week for psychology sessions for about 6 weeks. I was also medicated for quite some time of which I no longer am by choice. 

I am 35 years old and have to live my life with these issues. 

So take them as you wish, those are my qualifications. 

First off, mental health is a serious issues. Don't just read something online and self diagnose. It is a serious problem that requires proper medical care. If someone is having legitimate issues seek help as soon as you can. 

Now the original poster. Youtube and social media are fun to watch and follow. But these people are strangers, they don't know you, you don't know them. Even if you communicate with them online, they are not part of your personal life. 

If youtube and social media and what is happening involving strangers on the internet that you don't know is causing mental health distress, you have a problem. That is a very unhealthy relationship to have with strangers. If the happiness you seek via these platforms is due to an unhappiness somewhere else you need to sort out that unhappiness. 

That is not healthy. 

Youtube is a huge platform. I watch all kinds of channels about all kinds of subjects. If something on one platform is going down the gurgler, go watch something else. 

Mental health is serious, if people out there are reading this and you genuinely are suffering from depressive and negative thought and feelings. Please seek help. 

I recently moved out away from my family. It's been hard since i never lived alone. Even though i'm normally an introvert, it got lonely very fast. To add to that i found out how ridiculously expensive life away from your parents is and i that lead me to fall into a downer hole. Luckily i found a solution: I got a cat (the one in my profile picture), and he's pretty much got me out of that hole all by himself. I don't feel lonely anymore and i always look forward to coming home and spending more time with him. My family always had pets and i also had my own cat before, but i was never so attached to any of these pets before. That should give some context on how much my cat lifted me up these last months.

Still, i have some issues at work. Even though i have a job that pays well enough and gives me a lot of freedom, i find it very hard to go to work every day. And even at work i have a hard time finding motivation to actually do the work i'm paid to do. I constantly think about when i can finally go home and some days I spend more time on this forum then actually doing work when i'm in my office. I have no idea where that's coming from and how to fix it because like i said: I like my job.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

About describes my mental state. Basically, same as usual. 

IMG_7135.jpeg.964b7770479f74c0ad4fb09be7a5acf8.jpeg

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I will say that the whole Madison thing has caused annoyance.

The stuff raised by GN was legit, and that criticism has been around for a long time, I myself have stated in the past that they need to be more professional, that they are not a small company that can get away with these things anymore.

The whole thing around Madison however has definitely caused annoyance, mostly because people pick a side, without being able to explain why. Whether it be LMG in the wrong because they must be assholes because she would never lie, and this happens everywhere, so must happen at LMG, while others say Madison must lie, because these LMG people are so nice on camera.

By all means, everyone probably leans 1 way, but the simplicity at which people look at such serious accusations, is pretty mind boggling.

4 minutes ago, Neroon said:

I will say that the whole Madison thing has caused annoyance.

The stuff raised by GN was legit, and that criticism has been around for a long time, I myself have stated in the past that they need to be more professional, that they are not a small company that can get away with these things anymore.

The whole thing around Madison however has definitely caused annoyance, mostly because people pick a side, without being able to explain why. Whether it be LMG in the wrong because they must be assholes because she would never lie, and this happens everywhere, so must happen at LMG, while others say Madison must lie, because these LMG people are so nice on camera.

By all means, everyone probably leans 1 way, but the simplicity at which people look at such serious accusations, is pretty mind boggling.

Accusations like the Madison thing are very serious and those things must be investigated. To think that it will all come out publicly though is a bit much though as stuff like is very legal heavy. Especially with the at least one other former employee has come out and agreed with some of her claims. That will all probably stay internal to the company. Its none of our business. 

In many ways I don't think the community fully understands the way stuff like this gets handled. Maturity levels vary in understanding. 

3 hours ago, William Payne said:

Accusations like the Madison thing are very serious and those things must be investigated. To think that it will all come out publicly though is a bit much though as stuff like is very legal heavy. Especially with the at least one other former employee has come out and agreed with some of her claims. That will all probably stay internal to the company. Its none of our business. 

In many ways I don't think the community fully understands the way stuff like this gets handled. Maturity levels vary in understanding. 

This is an issue. I've read this so many times. There is no one who has agreed with her claims, no one. There is 1 person who confirms that she has made some of these claims towards him before, but he has no memory of ever seeing any of it. He himself clearly stated that this is hearsay.

I also don't care much about the legal side of things, because whether something can be proven or not, is not proof that it didn't happen. If the things happened that she claims, I kinda doubt it will come out. To keep 'good' people quiet, you need to have a lot of power, LMG does not have that power. Linus is not Harvey Weinstein (and even that failed in the end), and they will get other jobs no problem. So you would have people who either didn't see it, don't care, or were part of it. If they didn't care 1,5 year later to speak up, I doubt they will now.

At the end of the day, no satisfactory answer for all will come out of it. As in an answer where we all get to know the truth.

In the end, my annoyance comes from people who think in absolutes, and since we are missing pretty much all context in these claims, it's just impossible to know what went on.

19 minutes ago, Neroon said:

This is an issue. I've read this so many times. There is no one who has agreed with her claims, no one. There is 1 person who confirms that she has made some of these claims towards him before, but he has no memory of ever seeing any of it. He himself clearly stated that this is hearsay.

I also don't care much about the legal side of things, because whether something can be proven or not, is not proof that it didn't happen. If the things happened that she claims, I kinda doubt it will come out. To keep 'good' people quiet, you need to have a lot of power, LMG does not have that power. Linus is not Harvey Weinstein (and even that failed in the end), and they will get other jobs no problem. So you would have people who either didn't see it, don't care, or were part of it. If they didn't care 1,5 year later to speak up, I doubt they will now.

At the end of the day, no satisfactory answer for all will come out of it. As in an answer where we all get to know the truth.

In the end, my annoyance comes from people who think in absolutes, and since we are missing pretty much all context in these claims, it's just impossible to know what went on.

well since this is a mental health thread and what is happening at LMG involves none of us. If what is happening there or the fact that they are having a very minor week off from videos, that is probably a sign that people may be too emotionally invested in their YouTubers of choice. That’s not healthy. 

13 minutes ago, William Payne said:

well since this is a mental health thread and what is happening at LMG involves none of us. If what is happening there or the fact that they are having a very minor week off from videos, that is probably a sign that people may be too emotionally invested in their YouTubers of choice. That’s not healthy. 

I general I agree. But I will say that how we respond as a community, as people, does impact how we perceive the world.

I think that in general metoo was great for the world, all over the world people stood up, to talk about all sorts of abuse they encounter, and that was and is a powerful message, no one should be fearful of sharing what happened to them, because powerful people might prevent you from getting certain opportunities.

But as with everything, abuse will happen, so while we saw a ton of really important changes, and even convictions, we also saw people abuse it for false accusations and simply people being upset. What we saw was that too many people jump to conclusions, or even reading up on what the accuser even said.

At the peak of metoo, an accusation was made towards Aziz Ansari, if you read what that woman said, she basically admitted to having a bad date. After a month of texting and sexting, they finally met up again (he was touring I believe), and while she was hoping for a long romantic date, he just couldn't wait to jump in bed with her. There was no coercion, there was no force, there was a different of expectations and experience. This is all based on what she said. She was simply unsatisfied at the end of the evening of how it all happened.

There are definitly more cases, and these things happen a lot. False accusations happen way more than you might think. I'm in a line of work (mental health/youthwork) where false accusations are made all the time, in the past year myself and my colleagues have been accused of sexual abuse, pedophilia and the likes, this 16 year old girl has done that at every group where she has been, so unless I suffer from memory loss, and all my colleagues are devious sexual predators, I'd have to say she is full of it.
I shared that experience btw in the Madison topic, and then got accused of letting her get raped by my colleagues, because I can't know for sure she is lying about all of it.

The point of all of this, is that context matters, understanding the full story matters. But we live in a society where so many aren't interested in that. When she writes she was asked about her sexual history, people already see Linus or James interviewing her for the job, and wanting to know all about it, when we have absolutely no clue. I've had chats with colleagues, that if placed out of context, would sound really bad. Hell I've received nude pictures of a colleague while she was in a relationship, and heard a ton about her sex life. Maybe she regretted that later on, maybe she did feel like I pushed, I don't know. I'm not saying that's a good excuse that I don't know, I should know that she didn't feel pushed, but the point is that context matters. What also matters that I was still in contact with her years later.

Did she report all this to management? If so, what happened after? We don't know any of it.

What we need to do, is not fill in the blanks. If you want to write up an opinion based on what we do know, by all means do it, but atm we know nothing, she made a ton of claims without adding context, and LMG states that they are unaware of these accusations, those are the facts. 

And whether you think it's healthy or not, this whole thing does cause a lot of annoyance, just like with Aziz Ansari, because while I think it's so important to get the assholes in the world, we shouldn't burn the accused on a cross, before we get a mostly whole picture of what happened. We need to do better.

6 minutes ago, Neroon said:

I general I agree. But I will say that how we respond as a community, as people, does impact how we perceive the world.

I think that in general metoo was great for the world, all over the world people stood up, to talk about all sorts of abuse they encounter, and that was and is a powerful message, no one should be fearful of sharing what happened to them, because powerful people might prevent you from getting certain opportunities.

But as with everything, abuse will happen, so while we saw a ton of really important changes, and even convictions, we also saw people abuse it for false accusations and simply people being upset. What we saw was that too many people jump to conclusions, or even reading up on what the accuser even said.

At the peak of metoo, an accusation was made towards Aziz Ansari, if you read what that woman said, she basically admitted to having a bad date. After a month of texting and sexting, they finally met up again (he was touring I believe), and while she was hoping for a long romantic date, he just couldn't wait to jump in bed with her. There was no coercion, there was no force, there was a different of expectations and experience. This is all based on what she said. She was simply unsatisfied at the end of the evening of how it all happened.

There are definitly more cases, and these things happen a lot. False accusations happen way more than you might think. I'm in a line of work (mental health/youthwork) where false accusations are made all the time, in the past year myself and my colleagues have been accused of sexual abuse, pedophilia and the likes, this 16 year old girl has done that at every group where she has been, so unless I suffer from memory loss, and all my colleagues are devious sexual predators, I'd have to say she is full of it.
I shared that experience btw in the Madison topic, and then got accused of letting her get raped by my colleagues, because I can't know for sure she is lying about all of it.

The point of all of this, is that context matters, understanding the full story matters. But we live in a society where so many aren't interested in that. When she writes she was asked about her sexual history, people already see Linus or James interviewing her for the job, and wanting to know all about it, when we have absolutely no clue. I've had chats with colleagues, that if placed out of context, would sound really bad. Hell I've received nude pictures of a colleague while she was in a relationship, and heard a ton about her sex life. Maybe she regretted that later on, maybe she did feel like I pushed, I don't know. I'm not saying that's a good excuse that I don't know, I should know that she didn't feel pushed, but the point is that context matters. What also matters that I was still in contact with her years later.

Did she report all this to management? If so, what happened after? We don't know any of it.

What we need to do, is not fill in the blanks. If you want to write up an opinion based on what we do know, by all means do it, but atm we know nothing, she made a ton of claims without adding context, and LMG states that they are unaware of these accusations, those are the facts. 

And whether you think it's healthy or not, this whole thing does cause a lot of annoyance, just like with Aziz Ansari, because while I think it's so important to get the assholes in the world, we shouldn't burn the accused on a cross, before we get a mostly whole picture of what happened. We need to do better.

I actually agree with you. What I was more meaning though was that if a YouTube channel not releasing videos and strangers on the internet having something happen to them is causing mental health distress for people who have no close connection to those involved that is not healthy. 

I have YouTube channels I watch, I have talked to these people via the internet, I have had open dialogue with them. But we are strangers, we don’t know each other, we aren’t friends, we don’t go out for food to hang out. Their personal life is theirs, my personal life is mine. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise towards their YouTubers of choice is entering scary obsessive territory and that’s not good.