Madison reveals experiences working at LMG

baK1
Message added by SansVarnic,

*03NOV2023: Topic is now locked for the time until the investigation results are released, will not be re-open prior.*

We the Moderation Team understand this is a hot topic. Many have their own views and opinions on this subject. We request that members keep comments on the topic and refrain from personal attacks and derailments. We are diligently working to keep this thread clean and civil. Please do your part and follow the expectations and rules of the forum.

Violators will of course receive action against their commentary if we feel you have crossed the line. This is not an action to censor or silence you, it is an action to remove and prevent violations of the forum rules and keep the forum clean and civil.

That said. If your comment was removed, likely it was due to the above. If you have an issue, take it up with the mods via a pm and we will discuss it with you.

Lastly please only report comments if they violate the forum rules.

Please do not report comments with only opposing opinions, it eats up the report system.

6 minutes ago, djksm said:

murderers

You're just wrong here, and way too soft-hearted. 

2 minutes ago, fXjZL5 said:

The worst crimes are probably pedophilia and genocide, in my opinion. Rape may very well be worse than murder. There are cases where killing someone can be justified (imagine an ax murderer chasing your children), but rape is never, ever justified. So by virtue of just that, it's worse. 

thanks for giving me nightmares in the middle of the night

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

Just now, djksm said:

thanks for giving me nightmares in the middle of the night

That was the furthest thing from my intention, but you were participating in the discussion of a very serious topic.

5 minutes ago, fXjZL5 said:

Can't speak to their intentions, but it's better an unbiased party conducts the investigation, imo. 

Agreed. Definitely needs to be an unbiased investigation. 

14 minutes ago, fXjZL5 said:

Who the FUCK said she was asking for it? I haven't seen anyone say anything close to that. 

@fXjZL5

13 hours ago, codemak said:

LTT should just have never hired this person.  Just look at her twitter feed in 2021 when she was working for LTT.  She was still acting like a high school kid.  I don't know why LTT gave her an adult job thinking she would be ready to make that leap so quickly (my gut tells me they were trying to put positive pressure on her and giving her lots of chances but she wasn't ready and they didn't recognize it). 

She also freely expresses sexual innuendo in her posts.  I'm not saying any wrong doings around any improper etiquette were her fault, but there may be a correlation between what she is putting out and what she was getting back.

She seems nice but from an outsider reading all her messages and getting a window into her personality into the time of working there, she was not ready for that kind of pressure.  That part falls on LTT.

13 hours ago, codemak said:

I think it's because some people have teenage daughters and understand that there is a very credible chance they don't recognize how they are presenting themselves to the world.  I'm not saying one side is right or wrong, but you don't side with a party simply because they are crying about a past employment.  There are processes to ensure this type of stuff gets taken care of properly.  She didn't use those.  All her posts are total hearsay.  Her twitter and teenage like personality doesn't help her case.

3 minutes ago, inceltechtips said:

@fXjZL5

Ah, that's disgusting. 

10 minutes ago, djksm said:

Lets all just shut the fuck up until the investigation is over

Your post history is deranged. If the topic of sexual harassment is uncomfortable for you, imagine how uncomfortable the victims feel right now?

6 minutes ago, inceltechtips said:

@fXjZL5

These posts on the LTT forums by LTT fans.... really makes you think why she never came out. especially with the leaked audio mandatory HR meeting after she left. if the boss doesn't take it seriously, and he says "trust me bro", you expect people like James to continue with the non chalant attitude to real criticism its a boys club. 

Just now, JustWinz said:

really makes you think why she never came out. especially with the leaked meeting audio. its a boys club. 

I keep seeing mention of a leaked meeting. Where was this posted?

7 minutes ago, djksm said:

yeah i guess so

Also, depending on the scope of the investigation, there may be an audit of their processes and procedures regarding HR. A third party can find deficiencies and give the company guidance on where they are deficient and where things should be to aid in their effectiveness. 

7 minutes ago, Master Link said:

Yes, actually it can, and has.  In many more ways than one, directly or indirectly.

I believe this is the wrong angle of argument. Sex crimes, in and of themselves, warrant the harshest possible punishment, regardless of downstream effects. 

Also, I didn't know that person was a kid. I feel bad now. 🤦‍♂️

10 minutes ago, inceltechtips said:

@fXjZL5

Wow....I think @codemak has won the most disgusting comment on this thread award.   

I think I need to go vomit now.

1 minute ago, Master Link said:

Just found it actually. I’ve stayed away from Reddit through all of this so I wouldn’t get sucked in.  Just tossed that out the window.  Listening now. Honestly, James’ joke is the only part that really stands out to me. 

Just now, Master Link said:

Same, the joke is the only thing catching my ear.  I've said it god only knows how many pages back now, that it's not the "silver bullet" evidence they want.  Most it'll do is prompt the investigator as to whom they need to start with, but that's about it, it doesn't prove much other than certain ethics, but certainly not the allegations (though it does plant a seed).  We'd need more than that in the legal realm though.

I don’t think this is going to end anytime soon. A lot of accusations have been made and, if all or any of them are true (and I’m not calling Madison a liar, I’m just waiting to see how it plays out), I hope that the ones responsible are dealt with properly. But, I also hope LMG / LTT can recover from this. So many people are hoping for a total collapse of the company but I think that’s a bit harsh.  Just my 2 cents. 

image.png.a6a21084878361ff10ed6d857d0e403f.png

We're all *dying* to hear that classic "we're the victim" spin that Linus has been using so often as of late.

I also think it's hilarious how they got blasted for monetizing the apology video and have effectively done it with this one by pay-walling it behind their Floatplane subscription.

12 hours ago, coopa said:

I was initially speechless so let me try to articulate my reply here... you are already speculating that she is "an emotionally unstable salty ex-employee and she is trying to contribute to devaluing a multi-million dollar company out of spite and/or a misunderstanding of reality."

Has it occurred to you that this is the reason why many victims never choose to come forward, or have a delay in doing so? Because either a large company or their fans will rabidly go after them, implying that they're making it up, that they're just in it for the money, that they have mental illness? That's exactly what many posters are doing in this thread.

I would encourage you to read the entire Twitter thread (via Threadreader). on some very specific issues, some less and more worse:

• High workload, but regularly having their job belittled because it was "the fun job" (or expectation to check/post on socials on weekends because "Social media isn't a real job).
  • Fear of coming forward earlier due to backlash from the LTT community (which is happening right now in this thread) - look what happened to Mindchop after he bought the silver play button at the NCIX option (short version: they ended up committing suicide after LTT fans relentlessly harassed him because they felt Linus deserved the button)
  •  Fear of coming forward earlier as LTT has a lot of industry connections and could effectively tank future job prospects
  • Being blacklisted from appearing in videos after coming forward saying they had been inappropriately grabbed multiple times in the office.
  • Being mislead greatly on the nature of the job contract and being given a totally different job contract after moving back to Canada and losing a US visa, and then when confronted on it, Linus gaslighting her on how "perhaps [she] should changer [her] priorities" because her brother died less than a week before she moved.
  • Called a tattle tale for reporting inappropriate workplace behavior
  • Being told off for using sick days that employees are legally entitled to
  • Being asked questions that are sexual harassment (sexual history, BF sexual history, "how [they] liked to fuck", asked to twerk for a coworker
  • Forced to manage the Onlyfans account despite not wanting to (which via user comments and video images forced unwanted sexually explicit content on her)

These are not trivial accusations, and starting the discussion with how maybe LMG is the real victim and she's mentally unstable and must be making it up is absolutely insane.

LMG deserves a chance to defend themselves and investigate this properly. But starting this discussion by attacking the legitimacy of the accuser (ad hominem attack) or the forum (Twitter) in which they chose to share their side of the story is both disgusting and a reason why many people never come forward to whistleblow on toxic workplaces. I've seen a variety of this in this forum thread already from different posters...

Is there any proof that this MindChop story is real?  I know the play button auction video is real but searching comes up with only that one Reddit post and another debunking it.

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

image.png.a6a21084878361ff10ed6d857d0e403f.png

We're all *dying* to hear that classic "we're the victim" spin that Linus has been using so often as of late.

I also think it's hilarious how they got blasted for monetizing the apology video and have effectively done it with this one by pay-walling it behind their Floatplane subscription.

50% sure thats just this 
image.png.9a5d71b6c208bfb4f319e648aa7847ef.png

1 minute ago, starsmine said:

50% sure thats just this 
image.png.9a5d71b6c208bfb4f319e648aa7847ef.png

Where is that from?

A thought just crossed my mind that I’m now wondering about… (and no this isn’t me trying to dismiss anything). 

Would the community have taken this as seriously if it WASN’T Madison? Madison’s history at LMG is fairly unique in that because of how entertaining she was in ROG Rig Reboot the community was instantly pushing for LMG to hire her. In a way we all had some personal investment in her career at LMG. As a result I feel like many of us (myself included) feel betrayed that all our hard work to get LMG to hire her resulted in her having such a bad time at the company. 

The point of this post isn’t to tell anyone to chill out or anything like that… I just hope we take it this seriously when it isn’t someone we have personal investment in. 

8 minutes ago, vanamp said:

Is there any proof that this MindChop story is real?  I know the play button auction video is real but searching comes up with only that one Reddit post and another debunking it.

There isn't any proof at all. I hope it's not real, because it's a terrible fucking series of events. 

7 hours ago, Cosmic Emotion said:

This is correct but you have to take into account the pressure she was, according to her statements, dealing with at the time. People don't think straight at this kind of times as was so profoundly proven by Linus's response to the first GN video (thank God the statement about Madison's allegations was much better).

People have to be understanding in any case. Perhaps Madison cannot keep her calm in times of great pressure. Does that mean that, if what she says is true, she is in the wrong? Definitely not.

I seriously hope there is a proper investigation going on and something will come out of it. Because I also think there are a lot of parties wanting to see the downfall of LMG.

So guys, be serious, be thorough. That's all we ask for.

If she is willing to go to that extreme to self-harm due to being overwhelmed @ work, would she be willing to (even if subconsciously) "exaggerate" other events/situations? The allegations don't have any actual proof.