First Advertising on Moon

A japanese company is going to place a capsule on the moon, containing powder to make its drinks. Could this be the start of a new level of interplanetary advertising, or a sumbol of man's comquest to conquer the universe going right back to what we have plenty of on Earth: Advertising. They hope to make this a symbol of the precious water we have. I guess this just goes to show that man never really changes. From the Earth to the stars, money is always our true desire.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/15/5719758/can-of-pocari-sweat-going-to-moon-in-2015

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

tldr version 

everyone in marketing is stupid 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

nobody there to consume it, so marketing.... failure

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Marketers, stay away from our precious moon! You'll just fill it up with garbage!

inb4 gigantic adverts on the moon visible with telescope

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Instead can we use Dogecoin to tattoo Doge on to the surface?

Would buy again. wow/10

tldr version 

I cannot tell you how many advertisers manage to turn me AWAY from their products due to total incompetence.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

tldr version 

Instead can we use Dogecoin to tattoo Doge on to the surface?

Would buy again. wow/10

I bet we could crowd-fund it.

Also, this is my hundredth post. Hooray.

I cannot tell you how many advertisers manage to turn me AWAY from their products due to total incompetence.

True: Sometimes, they treat potential customers as idiots. Actually

... i am not sure. Maybe their target market ARE idiots lol :D

True: Sometimes, they treat potential customers as idiots. Actually

... i am not sure. Maybe their target market ARE idiots lol :D

That would explain why they're still in business <-<

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Well… to broaden the meaning of advertising, the USA did put their flag on the moon, and I think there is a Soviet one too. 

Also, this is my hundredth post. Hooray.

I love your enthusiasm. xD {[(SARCASM)]}

But, I don't see the point of this kind of "advertising". What does it accomplish? They are gonna put a nearly unseeable symbol on the Moon that represents something, but I can imagine that we'll all soon forget about it because it doesn't really impact our lives...at all.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Well… to broaden the meaning of advertising, the USA did put their flag on the moon, and I think there is a Soviet one too. 

The US flag on the moon is now completely white due to intense radiation washing out the colors.

So now it indicates a surrender. :lol:

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Japanese beverage maker Otsuka is sending a 1 kilogram titanium can filled with powdered sports drink and children's dreams to the moon.

They've been harvesting children's dreams as nourishment? Damn Japan, you crazy.

The US flag on the moon is now completely white due to intense radiation washing out the colors.

So now it indicates a surrender. :lol:

On behalf of the United States, we surrender :P

We could have attempted to radiation harden the flags, but alas no...

OP: This seems like a "because we can" kind of thing. We won't be on the moon again for years.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Why... Just why

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I wonder,does this company earn THAT much money??

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This is stupid... I'm pretty sure that all they are doing is telling their customers that they've been overpaying.

Nobody here seems to understand that they've successfully got you all talking about their product by doing this, the obscure location is the conversation piece.

Suckers. :rolleyes:

I love your enthusiasm. xD {[(SARCASM)]}

But, I don't see the point of this kind of "advertising". What does it accomplish? They are gonna put a nearly unseeable symbol on the Moon that represents something, but I can imagine that we'll all soon forget about it because it doesn't really impact our lives...at all.

Exactly!

This is a publicity stunt. They won't bother spending the money to actually do it.

Look at the free publicity they are getting from a cheap press statement.

haha, whats the point. omg im gonna get this, it comes from the moon

we need new places to film advertisement. i know, the moon.

genius.jpeg