Intel i9 13900k always boosted even when idle

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
5 minutes ago, artidokuz said:

I just installed them from official websites. Fresh install was the same. This picture is 5 mins after I closed everything.

image.thumb.png.6e6bc36ce39d6da7a6065be502026072.png

Do a full fresh install with the windows iso that you get directly from microsoft and use the windows usb installer that is from microsoft.

Your pc is working as well as it can with the setup you gave it but something got on there and is using all the resources.

Fresh install it and download NOTHING on there. Only hw monitor and that is it.

Something is masking as different programs that is clear as day.

Also do you have ANY old storage devices plugged in to this pc? If so detach them and only install on the boot drive.

I am very certain this thing got either infected or one of the many rgb whatever programs you ibstalled from msi, nzxt,... fucked up windows completly again as per usual.

So basically start over is the only option and best option.

Also idle means when the pc is not doing anything. As in cpu usage is basically 0.

Hi. Even if I close all apps CPU still stays %100 and same temp.  NZXT cam shows %1 load. 

Already made a clean windows install. It is the same.

AIO is working I can feel hot air coming out. I peeled the sticker for cooler too. 🙂

I am lost. No idea what can possible do this.

Putting how it looks like too. Maybe it will help.

Specs:

Nzxt H710Ä°

Intel Core i9 13900K

NZXT Kraken X73 RGB RL-KRX73-R1 360mm

MSI MB MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI SOKET 1700 DDR5 7200MHZ(OC) PCI-E Gen5 M.2

GSKILL 32GB (2x16GB) Trident Z5 RGB 7200MHz CL34 DDR5 1.4V

Samsung 2TB 990 PRO NVMe2.0 SSD

MSI GeForce RTX 4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC GDDR6X 384Bit

MSI MPG A1000G 1000W 80+ Gold Power Supply

Microsoft Ms Windows 11 Pro FQC-10556

x6qmtkrbw2hb1.webp

80nwkr6249hb1.webp

761b34wzn8hb1.webp

bx7sr1u1o8hb1.webp

1 minute ago, emosun said:

does it work in windows 10

No idea. Would it make a difference?

4 minutes ago, artidokuz said:

No, W10 is actually worse for the new Intel chips with Big/Little cores.

Your CPU is overheating hard so my guess is that its throttling so hard that any load on it makes it 100% of the usage.

PS. Screenshots you posted are barely readable can you put them to something like imgur.com

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

now that i look at the temps , yeah looks like you didnt mount he cooler correctly thus the machine is trying to not fry itself so take it apart and do it over again.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

well the machine needs both software and hardware to function and seeing as the operating system is typically an important part of how a computer works then i'd say so yes.

try windows 10 and see if the more common os works correctly vs 11

W11 is the optimal choice for newer Intel chips due to the updates to the scheduler for the Big/Little cores

R9 5900X, Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2, 2x16GB Kingston FuryX 3800MHZ CL18 Hynix DJR "Tuned" , Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC, Windows 11

Just now, KnoT said:

W11 is the optimal choice for newer Intel chips due to the updates to the scheduler for the Big/Little cores

you did a good job of quoting me prior to editing so congrats on a post that no longer exists

If not a BIOS setting, do you have the High Performance Windows power profile enabled? 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO X (Limited Editon) & Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

Shit title. Your issue is likely not related to Intel Turbo Boost. You have something maxing out your CPU.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!! dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrY? yOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPU. my SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONE. can mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?? woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Something is running your cpu at 100% thus boosting it to max so it's overloading that underpowered aio that is getting no air due to the bad airflow case and overheating.

Find what program is causing the load. Maybe a cirus is on there so a scan with malwarebytes is recommended. Since only renderinh programs can max out all those cores normally so probably a computational resource gathering virus is active or something.

Wont fix the heating issues but at least wont make it run at 100% for no reason.

15 minutes ago, BetteBalterZen said:

If not a BIOS setting, do you have the High Performance Windows power profile enabled? 

It is on balanced. Was my first guess too.

Just now, jaslion said:

Something is running your cpu at 100% thus boosting it to max so it's overloading that underpowered aio that is getting no air due to the bad airflow case and overheating.

Find what program is causing the load. Maybe a cirus is on there so a scan with malwarebytes is recommended

This is a fresh windows install. I don't think thisis the case.

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Case has no airflow so may be thermal throttling pretty hard

Also cooler mounted properly or no? You can tell just by idle temps

Sadly this is the idle.

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

Shit title. Your issue is likely not related to Intel Turbo Boost. You have something maxing out your CPU.

Maybe read the post. This is a fresh windows installation.

1 minute ago, artidokuz said:

Maybe read the post. This is a fresh windows installation.

Maybe look at the screenshots you have posted. HWInfo shows your CPU drawing close to 300W. Meaning you got a load on your CPU. Task Manager also shows your CPU pegged at 100%.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!! dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrY? yOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPU. my SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONE. can mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?? woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, artidokuz said:

Sadly this is the idle.

I see you have bittorrent and other stuff on there so this is already not a fresh install.

Something probably got on the system and is causing this issue.

Its at 100% load 200w power draw. Its computing something. What we dknt know but like 30% task manager, 18% spotify,... thats all false reporting.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I see you have bittorrent and other stuff on there so this is already not a fresh install.

Something probably got on the system and is causing this issue.

Its at 100% load 200w power draw. Its computing something. What we dknt know but like 30% task manager, 18% spotify,... thats all false reporting.

I just installed them from official websites. Fresh install was the same. This picture is 5 mins after I closed everything.

Do a full fresh install with the windows iso that you get directly from microsoft and use the windows usb installer that is from microsoft.

Your pc is working as well as it can with the setup you gave it but something got on there and is using all the resources.

Also do you have ANY old storage devices plugged in to this pc? If so detach them and only install on the boot drive.

I am very certain this thing got either infected or one of the many rgb whatever programs you ibstalled from msi, nzxt,... fucked up windows completly again as per usual.

Also idle means when the pc is not doing anything. As in cpu usage is basically 0.

Something is running that is putting heavy load on the CPU. The CPU wouldn't be drawing 220-250W if it wasn't doing anything.

Boot in to safe mode and see if it's the same. Run a virus scan.

I'm actually surprised that it's still holding 5.5GHz at 100°C. It should be throttling.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

39 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Something is running that is putting heavy load on the CPU. The CPU wouldn't be drawing 220-250W if it wasn't doing anything.

Boot in to safe mode and see if it's the same. Run a virus scan.

I'm actually surprised that it's still holding 5.5GHz at 100°C. It should be throttling.

Safe boot is the same. %100 load and was quite slow.
image.thumb.png.7b63137ede1ff7c34fc6f88731f24682.png

41 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Just shared safe boot results. It is full load too.

28 minutes ago, artidokuz said:

Just shared safe boot results. It is full load too.

Yup something got on there.

Restart from a new bootable usb stic made on a non infected pc

Oh and use a usb that HAS NOT touched the infected pc.

Any other storage media except the boot drive should be disconnected.

23 hours ago, jaslion said:

Yup something got on there.

Restart from a new bootable usb stic made on a non infected pc

Oh and use a usb that HAS NOT touched the infected pc.

Any other storage media except the boot drive should be disconnected.

Worked now idk what to install. I hate the rainbow RGB on my ram. Can really one of those RGB apps wreck my pc like this or does it have to be a virus?

7 minutes ago, artidokuz said:

Worked now idk what to install. I hate the rainbow RGB on my ram. Can really one of those RGB apps wreck my pc like this or does it have to be a virus?

Only installed what is NEEDED and if you get one try one at a time and see what happens. Too many rgb programs will cause issues with eachother.