Do I need to have HDR enabled on Windows in order to be available on games?

I have Windows 10 and all the games I have played so far have the HDR option greyed out if I haven't enable HDR on Windows.

Is that normal?

Because I don't like HDR enabled on Windows only on some games.

Some games will auto enable HDR in windows settings when you enable HDR in the game options. But most game developers haven't figured out how to do that, so you need to enable HDR in windows before launching the game. Luckily there is a key combination to do this quickly, Win + Alt + B will enable/disable HDR. Just press it before starting your game and again when you're done, so you don't run HDR on the desktop. Hopefully developers will figure out soon how to handle this in a better way.

15 hours ago, Alvin853 said:

Some games will auto enable HDR in windows settings when you enable HDR in the game options. But most game developers haven't figured out how to do that, so you need to enable HDR in windows before launching the game. Luckily there is a key combination to do this quickly, Win + Alt + B will enable/disable HDR. Just press it before starting your game and again when you're done, so you don't run HDR on the desktop. Hopefully developers will figure out soon how to handle this in a better way.

More like, hopefully monitor manufacturer will figure out how to do HDR good, so that it can be left on all the time.