Future Idea: LTT charging cables?

Why not sell cables on LTTstore.com

Anker rep is ruined due to Eufy and many complaints about the volta cables, it harder than ever to find good cables and support behind them.

With the LTT Labs team why not make the perfect cable or partner up with a reliable cablemaker to make a up to LTT spec to sell on the LTTstore site.

here's the thing though.. making good charging cables has pretty much been figured out. my best cables all are €2 goobay specials.

LTT cant manufacture their own cables, so they'd have to find a manufacturing partner... and guess who goobay is using.

for the looks? sure thing. to have a good cable? nope. stop buying the 'premium' garbage where you pay more for the label than for the copper. i bought a 10-pack of power banks for 20 bucks (yes, that exists...) and every single one of the included cables is on par with my best cable. they look like shit, but they work great.

as for support.. here's some support: 5 cables for you to break for the same price as one 'premium' one.

30 minutes ago, Raiyu said:

Anker rep is ruined due to Eufy and many complaints about the volta cables, it harder than ever to find good cables and support behind them.

With the LTT Labs team why not make the perfect cable or partner up with a reliable cablemaker to make a up to LTT spec to sell on the LTTstore site.

It'll look enticing until you realize you're spending like 10 bucks in shipping for a cable.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

9 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It'll look enticing until you realize you're spending like 10 bucks in shipping for a cable.

That is definitely an obstacle, they could deploy a service model from the manufacturer to cut some of the cost of shipping orders, the product could go from the manufacturer to the buyer without going to the seller, this could cut import and export fees bases on where the manufacturing facility is and reduce shipping costs.

7 minutes ago, Raiyu said:

that is definitely an obstacle, they could deploy a service model from the manufacturer to cut some of the cost of shipping orders could go from the manufacturer to the buyer without going to the seller, this could cut import and export fees bases on where the manufacturing facility is and reduce shipping costs.

So basically like iJustine cables, except in Orange and having LTT printed rather than iJustine.

https://kondorblue.com/pages/ijustine

Honestly, I can see them just doing a special edition collab like they did with Noctua. But in terms of them actually, having a hand in designing a cable? Doubt it, at least for now. The list price would end up being so high in order to justify committing Labs resources. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

So basically like iJustine cables, except in Orange and having LTT printed rather than iJustine.

I didn't know that existed but yeah, and ofc tested by LTT Labs

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

here's the thing though.. making good charging cables has pretty much been figured out. my best cables all are €2 goobay specials.

LTT cant manufacture their own cables, so they'd have to find a manufacturing partner... and guess who goobay is using.

for the looks? sure thing. to have a good cable? nope. stop buying the 'premium' garbage where you pay more for the label than for the copper. i bought a 10-pack of power banks for 20 bucks (yes, that exists...) and every single one of the included cables is on par with my best cable. they look like shit, but they work great.

as for support.. here's some support: 5 cables for you to break for the same price as one 'premium' one.

Where are you buying this cheap cables from? Teach me, I'd like to buy some. 

2 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Go into any cheap malls, throw a dart on its tech store section, and go where it lands. You'll even find it in a jar in Indonesia.

Jual VIVAN Kabel Data / Charge CBM 80 "1 Toples Isi 50pcs" Original di  lapak Station Central | Bukalapak

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

wherever i buy my other stuff from, they exist literally everywhere, and most are surprisingly good.

8 hours ago, Raiyu said:

I believe they are planning on making their own cables.

1 hour ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

@SorryBella @manikyath That's not a thing in my country. 😄

whichever country you're in, as long as it's not antartica there is no universe where an  LTT cable would be cheaper than some random mass production slap-their-name-on-anything brand.

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

whichever country you're in, as long as it's not antartica there is no universe where an LTT cable would be cheaper than some random mass production slap-their-name-on-anything brand.

Well, I mean I myself sell cables, but it's cheaper to get decent quality cables from Amazon than from wholesale retailers. 😂

Yes, I can get cables for very cheap, like 1$ for a decent USB cable, but not fast charging capable type C cables, they are like 10$ for non brand fast charging cable while I got 2 pack of Ugreen 100W cables from Amazon for 16$. It's even worse for lightning... I sell cables, but I buy them for myself or/and family from Amazon... 😂

That's why I got curious about it. 

I would be interested in those. I don't care about branding or looks. For me, those could be without any logos, but honestly I don't care.

What I care about is specs and quality materials. Cheap cables are everywhere, but those support only USB 3.2 gen 2.4 subset 2 with optional extras or whatever they are called nowadays AKA USB 2. Companies make those cables look great and then save a penny by making cable that does absolutely minimum and nothing else. That makes those cheap cables annoying for charging and useless for everything else. And I like to keep my cables versatile and have only minimal amount of cables labelled "charching only" around. Of course for RasPi or something similar it doesn't matter. But I would trust LTT Store to actually write product descriptions in sensible manner and also provide what they have promised.

Second factor is feel. I wan't my cables to be flexible, durable and nice to touch. That doesn't necessarilly mean anything special. I have some random old OEM cables lying around and those are just fine. But feel is something that I can be never sure when buying cables online. Sometimes "quality" cable ends up being bad and random cheapo is really nice. But I think they could sort this out also. 

On 7/28/2023 at 12:18 AM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Honestly, I can see them just doing a special edition collab like they did with Noctua. But in terms of them actually, having a hand in designing a cable? Doubt it, at least for now. The list price would end up being so high in order to justify committing Labs resources. 

I didn't even know that was a thing.  A quick search on Amazon shows you can get pink usb c cables under 10 bucks with free shipping.  They don't have the person's name on it but whatever.

6 hours ago, Erioch said:

I didn't even know that was a thing.  A quick search on Amazon shows you can get pink usb c cables under 10 bucks with free shipping.  They don't have the person's name on it but whatever.

Except I just did the same thing and the top 10 results were all usb c to c cables that are only rated for usb 2.0 speeds 480Mbps.

Those iJustine ones are rated for usb 3.0 5 and 10Gbps as well as thunderbolt 40Gbps. And there in lies the problem with lots of Amazon cable sellers. They are the bare minimum a cable can be and it sucks trying to sift through listings trying to find cables that are actually capable of doing what you need.

1 hour ago, DeltaBruggemann said:

Except I just did the same thing and the top 10 results were all usb c to c cables that are only rated for usb 2.0 speeds 480Mbps.

Those iJustine ones are rated for usb 3.0 5 and 10Gbps as well as thunderbolt 40Gbps. And there in lies the problem with lots of Amazon cable sellers. They are the bare minimum a cable can be and it sucks trying to sift through listings trying to find cables that are actually capable of doing what you need.

I found one (then gave up because I really don't care) on the first page of search results.  $8.79.

I buy the Best Buy Essentials lightning and USB cables to charge my shit, use for Apple Car Play, etc.  I keep the cables that came with my devices also, so I never needed to buy new ones.

On top of that, if I just need a USB C cable to charge something from my PC?  Well I just use the ones included with my Switch Pro Controllers, those things are built like tanks and they're just included with every switch controller (something Sony could learn from)

Don't really see how LTT could justify the pricing of a cable through their website, especially considering the prices of other things on there, what might end up becoming a $20 to $30 cable.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 7/27/2023 at 11:06 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Perhaps it could be offered as a free item? Or, if they make it good quality enough, it can be a similar deal with the Backpack, Screwdriver, etc. where it'll be the "last one you'll ever need", justifying the price.

Or not, will have to wait and see.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

My little suggestion could you make a cable that beeps if not plugged in something like smoke alarm beep so you are reminded to plug the thing in.

Polygons? textures?  samples? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough Vram.
Hey heads up I  have writing disorder I try my best but still make errors.