[AUS] asus gryphon $159

SAV1OUR

i know i know its z87 but the z97 version hasnt hit the market here yet 

http://www.cplonline.com.au/asus-gryphon-z87-motherboard.html

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

It's really not a great board imo, especially if you don't get armour to go with it.

It's really not a great board imo, especially if you don't get armour to go with it.

its a fine board what do you mean? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

its a fine board what do you mean? 

I mean for its price, it was the same price as the Z87M OC Formula by ASRock, but had no post indicator, a terrible audio solution, a terrible colour scheme. The best feature of the board was a $40 add on armour that made it $20-30 cheaper than the Gene. 

I should really have clarified that it isn't a good board for its price rather than saying it wasn't good overall.

I mean for its price, it was the same price as the Z87M OC Formula by ASRock, but had no post indicator, a terrible audio solution, a terrible colour scheme. The best feature of the board was a $40 add on armour that made it $20-30 cheaper than the Gene. 

I should really have clarified that it isn't a good board for its price rather than saying it wasn't good overall.

How are these things terrible? Colour scheme likings is a personal preference. And how did you test the "terrible audio solution"?

While the asrock board is very feature rich for the price its ugly the sound solution is meh it has an amp so it can run higher impedance headphones big woop that doesnt improve sound quality if u were serious about sound quality u would get an external dac and amp if u need an amp the gryphon looks better imo the sound is fine and comes with a 5 year warranty i trust asus over asrock.