Why is Watch Dogs so Hyped?

RelentlessAF

Never seen a game where its focused around hacking

Deus Ex: HR, perhaps not to the same degree though and it's a different style of game.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Because it's a big budget game. 99% of game consumers aren't gamers, they're just laid under Ubisoft's and EA's bumholes with their tongue sticking out waiting for the next AAA brownie to flop out. They don't play games. They just buy the really big ones, because they have no clue about the remaining 96,75% of the market where the majority of the good games are.

Hell, some of them don't even like gaming, they just feel excluded around the watercooler when Brett Shitgrin and Brick Sourjock are talking about murdering hookers on GTA V and they would have no clue what it's about.

Most people don't actually do any research into upcoming games or make any effort at all to stay informed, so they will be instantly hyped by the shiny next thing to buy their attention with money using ads.

AAA games are a good shortcut towards bad to mediocre entertainment in 9/10 cases.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Because it's a big budget game. 99% of game consumers aren't gamers, they're just laid under Ubisoft's and EA's bumholes with their tongue sticking out waiting for the next AAA brownie to flop out. They don't play games. They just buy the really big ones, because they have no clue about the remaining 96,75% of the market where the majority of the good games are.

Hell, some of them don't even like gaming, they just feel excluded around the watercooler when Brett Shitgrin and Brick Sourjock are talking about murdering hookers on GTA V and they would have no clue what it's about.

Most people don't actually do any research into upcoming games or make any effort at all to stay informed, so they will be instantly hyped by the shiny next thing to buy their attention with money using ads.

AAA games are a good shortcut towards bad to mediocre entertainment in 9/10 cases.

I would place BioShock Infinite in there as one of the 1/10.

I would place BioShock Infinite in there as one of the 1/10.

And I would probably agree if I was into linear "wide as a hallway" games, the only super-linear game that managed to hold my attention to the very end in the past two years was Dishonored.

And before that, Mirror's Edge.

While I can recognize that Bioshock and Bioshock infinite are well-crafted, they bore me to tears :/

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

65 different cars, 30 different weapons, use whole chicago as your weapon, not to mention the traffic light, bridges and much more!... Holy balls!

And I would probably agree if I was into linear "wide as a hallway" games, the only super-linear game that managed to hold my attention to the very end in the past two years was Dishonored.

And before that, Mirror's Edge.

While I can recognize that Bioshock and Bioshock infinite are well-crafted, they bore me to tears :/

I don't find a problem with linear games as open-ended games start to get tedious after awhile. Looking at you Skyrim.

65 different cars, 30 different weapons, use whole chicago as your weapon, not to mention the traffic light, bridges and much more!... Holy balls!

Again, that's just extra things sprinkled on top. It would be the same if GTA added a DLC with those things in them.

Watch_Dogs, as great as the game is surely going to be, will never be great simply because of all the hype surrounding it.

It's already been a disappointment and the game isn't even released yet. This game is not what was shown at E3. Getting sick of all the false advertising now a days just to make a quick buck. Sigh

Your logic makes no sense, lol (not trying to be mean). Have you not seen any gameplay footage of Watch_Dogs on Youtube? It's entirely different than GTA, bro.

Do you know what the definitions of 'clone' and 'copy' are? Do you think Saints Row is a GTA clone too? LOL

The first saints row was a GTA clone. :P