Is building pc now worth it?

I've just finished saving for a pc( I've got around 2600$ USD for a pc with a monitor), but intel's 14th gen and AMD's 8th or 9th gen is going to come out in a few months, so I dont really know anymore if I should wait with my money or just buy it now, what do I do?

My current specs are:

i5 9600k

asrock z370 pro4

8gb 2666mhz

2tb lexar nm620 ssd

GTX 1060 3gb(in 2018 I thought that'd be enough for long years)

spc fortis 3

That PC really needs an upgrade, should I do it now or just wait these few months?

You probably don't have any immediate needs for a new PC (other than maybe a bit more RAM). In that sense it's fine to wait if you feel like it. It's definitely a less bad time than around a year ago. There's never a perfect time. 

You should also be able to upgrade parts piece meal if needed. 
Intel's 14th gen will be a nice upgrade over the 13th gen but not night/day. I suspect Zen 5 will be a bigger jump and might bring some price cuts from Intel. 
If you're trying to min-max on costs in the short run, Microcenter has a 12700k+RAM+Board combo for $350 which isn't too bad. 

I'm also generally biased towards throwing more $$$ at sound (2x JBL 305p MKII?) and monitors (a small, high end TV?). 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

It's up to you. But be aware you may get trapped in a loop of waiting. Are you going to use the extra performance it can give? Will it still fit in your budget? Can you manage to use your current PC until then? Don't make rash decisions based on what people tell you. Think It through. Is it worth the wait for you?

The most "worth it" thing you could do would probably be to upgrade your RAM and GPU. 

There is always something new just around the corner, and stuff that has been out for 6+ months has normally more stable drivers & Bios. But I understand it's a sad time when your recently purchased PC becomes 'last gen'.

I'd probably let it hinge on if your current PC is stopping you playing a game you really want to play or not.

3 hours ago, Abred said:

That PC really needs an upgrade, should I do it now or just wait these few months?

The thing is once new parts come out it's only a few months till new parts come out. In my opinion it can get to a never ending mentality that you should wait for new parts. Honestly to me it comes down to this, Does the current PC do what you need it to do today? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, Abred said:

I've just finished saving for a pc( I've got around 2600$ USD for a pc with a monitor), but intel's 14th gen and AMD's 8th or 9th gen is going to come out in a few months, so I dont really know anymore if I should wait with my money or just buy it now, what do I do?

My current specs are:

i5 9600k

asrock z370 pro4

8gb 2666mhz

2tb lexar nm620 ssd

GTX 1060 3gb(in 2018 I thought that'd be enough for long years)

spc fortis 3

9900K / 2x16GB DDR4 3600 / RTX 3070
Buy all 3 used. You're probably looking at 600 bucks all in at the absolute most. 
Keep in mind you can then sell your i5 and 1060 and recoup easily $150+ back.

If you want to buy new, the "better stuff is coming" argument has been around for over thirty years. Sure, new stuff coming in 6 months, and a year after that there will be even newer stuff. Current gen CPUs are so ridiculously OP that you should be much less concerned than would have been expected decades ago. Even a 13th gen i5 is a rocket ship. My 13600K has 14 cores. In an i5. It's ridiculous. I also have a machine with a 9900K and a 2080 Super in it which I'm typing this on right now and I can assure you the 9900K is still plenty capable and would pair nicely with a 3070. JM2C.

You could probably get away with just some more (and better) RAM, and a new GPU. The prices of everything right now are pretty amazing. You can even get 32 GB of DDR4 3600 Mhz CL18 for $65, or 64 GB for about $115. RAM prices are amazing right now. You can also get something like a 3070 Ti for about $320, or 3080 for about $420.

I would probably say to also go for a full upgrade if you can afford it. The 13700K is a decent price, and supports DDR4 RAM. I personally avoid AMD just because of my bad experiences with the 1700X and 3950X, but even a 5700X or 7700X is also worth it, maybe except for DDR5 prices.

CPU, RAM, and SSD are cheap as hell right now. RX 7900 XT can often be found in the ~$700 range and would be a really nice gpu to pair with a 1440p144 FreeSync monitor. I'd just do the upgrade now. Gaming on a 3GB 1060 in 2023 has to be painful.

I would save a little more and see if you could get 16gb of ram and an upgraded GPU from the used market. 3000-3500 would get you one heck of a gaming rig and monitor.