Current Job, Dream Job

Llord Dominik

I was wondering what you wonderful people do for a living (or want to do).

My father is a film/commercial director. From a young age I respected who his job allowed him to be. In film an commercials he takes a serious role in every aspect of a production from writing his own screenplays, to (sometimes) doing his own storyboards, having significant input on set about everything, he also tends to sit through the entire edit process, and sound design. I was never interested in film. I've been in love with video games since I first played them at the age of 4. I've wanted to be a game designer since. Ultimately I would like to do what my dad does. I'd want to be as involved in every creative area of game development as my dad is in film development.

Currently I'm a freelancer in the film and commercial industry. I've also been taking classes in preparation for going to finish college.

Anyway, what do you guys do?

Current Job(s) - Artist/ Programmer/ Web Developer/ Cameraman/ Editor/ Organizer! One man Advertising Agency! :D

Dream Job - Venture Capitalist/ Farmer/ Politician! xD

-Now -----------Student

-Dream-------------artist at Frosbite, or DICE

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Current job: college student, if that counts?

Dream job: Tony Stark/Iron Man

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

current: unemployed

dream: a job

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Current job. Unemployed and reading up my grades for uni

Dream job. Test driver at a major car/bike manufacturer, Actor, Psychologist, Historian. Or blacksmith (And the obvious.. Driving for AMG petronas in F1 or for Mercedes in DTM)

But right now im getting ready to study for my main dream job. Teaching history in school or at university. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Current job: student
Dream job:  a jet pilot (F-16,-22) if this counts :D

Current Job: Company Director 

Dream Job: Company Director

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Current job. Unemployed and reading up my grades for uni

Dream job. Test driver at a major car/bike manufacturer, Actor, Psychologist, Historian. Or blacksmith (And the obvious.. Driving for AMG petronas in F1 or for Mercedes in DTM)

But right now im getting ready to study for my main dream job. Teaching history in school or at university. 

I don't think you're dreaming high enough. You obviously should be a blacksmith historian. Teach them about old world history, while teaching them the advancement of technology and how to smith the weapons of the era.

Current: Student

Dream: NVIDIA CEO :D

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Current: Student

Dream: Network Engineer, or similar, just working with the nitty gritty hardware to be honest.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Certified welder. Fabricate and repair rail-cars, huge company.

Maybe get into the IBEW.

I don't think you're dreaming high enough. You obviously should be a blacksmith historian. Teach them about old world history, while teaching them the advancement of technology and how to smith the weapons of the era.

I'd like to do that.

But i'd also like to have a job. And that combination doesn't exist on the job market right now.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Unemployed... To keep my head busy, i started a master degree on Environment, Health and Safety, and i'm currently doing the master thesis through a governmental program, so i don't have to pay for it, but the downside is that i have to complete it without a single fail... My first graduation was on Biological Sciences and Health, but no jobs for me...

Dream job: 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

I want more details from everyone. What specifically do you want to do in these fields/jobs? You must have reasons for wanting to be these things.

OK, i want to be a Game/Faces Designer at a Game Development Company because, i Can Draw what ever it is, i 'm a Gaming enthusiast, and i Just Love Frostbite and DICE

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

Well I want Publicis or Omnicom to takeover my company in next five years ~ pay me 5 billion dollars so I can go follow my dreams! xD

I have a knack for investing in entrepreneurs and their pet projects and I would make a great Angel Investor! :D

I love to be close to mother nature ~ and farming is one profession closest to my heart! I would do it till the end of my days! :D

Since both of my "job" will be cyclical or irregular ~ I would spent rest of my day politicking! Who doesn't want to be the Prime Minister of an emerging Super Power! :P

OK, i want to be a Game/Faces Designer at a Game Development Company because, i Can Draw what ever it is, i 'm a Gaming enthusiast, and i Just Love Frostbite and DICE

Do you do any sort of 3d modeling, or are you more interested in texturing?

Current occupation: student

Dream career: Chemist! <3 <3 <3

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Do you do any sort of 3d modeling, or are you more interested in texturing?

Both Mate, but more into Texturring , My Father Says it's a Fantasy and that even Game developers are wasting Their Time on childish Games He says but, i've Got 15Days Left to my Final Exam, i hope i'll Crush it with a high degree, and hopefully impress Them at DICE and Frostbite, and Prove to him that there is more to Games and Gaming than Just what he sees in it

Past Jobs(in order): Web/Graphic Designer, IT Support(hands on repair and call), Salesman Frys Electronics(initially for whole store, focused on IT section afterwards), Unemployed(about 4 months)

Current Job: Day Trader

Dream Job: Day Trader

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Current job: college student, if that counts?

Dream job: Tony Stark/Iron Man

So I'm guessing you're studying engineering then? What field?