I said YES to everything… I regret it

AdamFromLTT

You might think we only get sent the hottest new computer hardware from the likes of Nvidia, AMD, ASUS, Gigabyte etc. But we actually get sent a lot of weird stuff. And far weirder emails. Which is why we opened the floodgates and said yes to everything that was sent to us for a whole month. Boy there is a lot of weird stuff… battery banks, lasers, bad VR, even a Steam Deck competitor!

Only thing worth buying here is the Robosen Optimus Prime, there really is like no other

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Question about the omnicharge battery specs: you first mention that its capacity is 6,400mAh and later show another number on the screen (38,400mAh). My understanding is that mAh is a unit of charge, so it should be the same regardless of what voltage you deliver current at. The only thing that should change is how long it will last. Am I wrong in my thought process? Or was it a misquote?

PS: I know this is nitpicking, I was just curious

We need more of these. I just like seeing all the rando tech, like the Optimus Prime. I'd actually consider buying one at some point. Hopefully you guys keep making these here and there; It could be its own series!

10:45 its called The Netherlands

as Holland is a province of the Netherlands

BGVP DM9 when looking it up on google the first thing that pops up is aliexpress.

so its more a Chinese company trying to find a market abroad for high-priced earbuds

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Great video covering the issues with the huge number of cheap laser cutters out there:

lol. Well this is a cool side of Linus to get.

Speaking of  staying cool! If you like the AC on your neck  feel, then check out our our sponser syourself. Syourself! providing budget neck cooling since 2013.

Check out the link in the video bellow

https://geni.us/sx69

1 hour ago, darknessblade said:

10:45 its called The Netherlands

as Holland is a province of the Netherlands

BGVP DM9 when looking it up on google the first thing that pops up is aliexpress.

so its more a Chinese company trying to find a market abroad for high-priced earbuds

Holland is called The Netherlands?
That seems kinda confusing. Why not be able to specifically talk about Holland?

So in the laser cutter segment they said health and safety said no. So where was health and safety when Linus was standing behind a jet engine blasting into a PC case lol

About the FPV rc car: wifi is 100% the wrong tech to do FPV with. If you want digital video the only really viable option is DJI and they don’t even use wifi because it’s not the right band. The one and only way to FPV is analogue (this is how the FPV drones do it) and there actually is already a cheaper analogue FPV RC car which has been out for a while called the EMAX Interceptor. A review with video footage can be found under my post. I’ve raced these with my mate around his house which has slats and when we get to the 180 turn around at his front door the back goes out and you drift around the corner it’s genuinely the most insane rc car experience ever

6 hours ago, antares said:

Question about the omnicharge battery specs: you first mention that its capacity is 6,400mAh and later show another number on the screen (38,400mAh). My understanding is that mAh is a unit of charge, so it should be the same regardless of what voltage you deliver current at. The only thing that should change is how long it will last. Am I wrong in my thought process? Or was it a misquote?

PS: I know this is nitpicking, I was just curious

The battery bank they showed is a a 6 cell battery which means it runs at a nominal voltage of 22.2v most battery banks are usually 1 or 2 cell batteries that run at 3.7v or 7.4v. The battery technically only has a capacity of 6400mAh but since it runs at a higher voltage its Watt Hour rating is close to 142Wh's.

What I imagine they did was convert the Watt Hour measurement to a mAh measurement for a pack that runs at a nominal voltage of 3.7v which is what a lot of battery banks run at and you get 38400mAh.

I personally prefer using Wh for capacity as there's much less ambiguity as to a batteries actual capacity then with mAh and it allows for easier comparison between different batteries.

11 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

Holland is called The Netherlands?
That seems kinda confusing. Why not be able to specifically talk about Holland?

I understand the confusion, people use it synonymously with each other, so mistakes like this are often made by many people.

This should explain the difference between the 2:

https://www.holland.com/global/tourism/getting-around/information/general/netherlands-vs-holland.htm#:~:text=The official name of the,of the Netherlands is meant.

║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║

2 hours ago, darknessblade said:

I understand the confusion, people use it synonymously with each other, so mistakes like this are often made by many people.

This should explain the difference between the 2:

https://www.holland.com/global/tourism/getting-around/information/general/netherlands-vs-holland.htm#:~:text=The official name of the,of the Netherlands is meant.

But Holland does exist, yes?

1 hour ago, xnamkcor said:

But Holland does exist, yes?

It does exist

14 minutes ago, darknessblade said:

It does exist

Is the Nederlands known for their tall people?

On 7/8/2023 at 3:28 AM, AdamFromLTT said:

You might think we only get sent the hottest new computer hardware from the likes of Nvidia, AMD, ASUS, Gigabyte etc. But we actually get sent a lot of weird stuff. And far weirder emails. Which is why we opened the floodgates and said yes to everything that was sent to us for a whole month. Boy there is a lot of weird stuff… battery banks, lasers, bad VR, even a Steam Deck competitor!

The similar concept video you did was a good (and I mentioned that in the topic here too ) 

But this one is mildly annoying to me because all it has been done is give even a little bit of attention to stupid companies with STUPIDLY OVERPRICED empty "bells and whistles" products that would be still viable if they cost like 3 to 10 times less but NO we have to rip off each stupid child individually that's how we get a turn on (<-- I am pretending to be each of those companies' CEO lol ) 

P.S The reason why the previous video was good is not because everything mentioned costs bellow about $100 (at least not necessarily but its a good/attainable pricerange for acquiring cool/useful gizmos and whatnots for the majority of people)  but the fact that they were  bang for buck

This is what needs to get (even surgically if necessary lol :P) inserted into the minds of young people BANG FOR BUCK I mean they see a stupid keyboard with a pricetag of e.g 400 and they think its a deal while the guy that makes them doesnt spend more than 40 maybe 80 if its a "good high quality one"  lol 

they have 0 notion about the value of money and the value of things and that's why companies in this video do stupid products and sell them at stupid prices to appeal to those people and suck their dad's blood since most of those people dont have money of their own.

And the thing is that this started slowly but steadily in the past 5 years and especially during the pandemic to affect all of us because if a company sells a stupid product at a stupid price and succeeds in selling that then it starts to sell even its normal/good products at stupid prices and other companies imitate that etc its a domino effect. 

2 hours ago, xnamkcor said:

Is the Nederlands known for their tall people?

People are generally tall there.

what is Linus holding in his left hand in the thumbnail image?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

On 7/10/2023 at 7:33 PM, Radium_Angel said:

what is Linus holding in his left hand in the thumbnail image?

An overpriced cheap bt speaker with a weak ass lamp that demands $150 for having a "portal sentry" look, mold from plastic not bad but not extraordinary either, its like something you would expect from a $30 action figure toy from toysrus in terms of detail hardness and quality of the plastic.