Coolest (Think Temps) Case??

RevGAM
1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

No, the case is not bad. It is, as all cases are, imperfect.

But, this thread is finding out which cases are considered the best for airflow/temps.

case will never be perfect and time makes problems with them to then sell you something new.. bad airflow with your lianli evo well buy this mesh front for just alother $40. oh whats that you need usb 3.0 that cost extra. whats that you need a hdd cage or 5.25 bay adapters for you thermltake case well thats to dam bad we dont sell em...have 4 fan but only 2 mounts sol...but its still adverted as "expandable"...

like wtf happened to hinged doors... why is no one wanting them...馃

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Oh i'm great. Looked at what was out there and bought a well liked option and its fantastic (done that for the last 20 years). A number of good cases have been mentioned, all which can be now researched given their multitude of 3rd party reviews.聽

Is that not what you're after?聽

It absolutely is what I'm looking for, and I'm grateful to everyone who contributed! 馃檪

Again, I wasn't trying to insult you. I'm sorry if I made you feel insulted!

23 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

like wtf happened to hinged doors... why is no one wanting them...馃

Totally agree with what you wrote. I want hinged doors! I also want a slide/fold out mobo tray, or something similar to make it easy to work on!

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 馃槈 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.馃お馃槀

Out of curiosity, is Lian Li really the EASIEST to work inside of without removing the mobo?

One thing I find annoying when I'm testing fans on my U12A is trying to plug the fan into the CPU_FAN header. I ended up using extension cables for that, which really helps.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 馃槈 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

18 hours ago, RevGAM said:

It absolutely is what I'm looking for, and I'm grateful to everyone who contributed! 馃檪

Again, I wasn't trying to insult you. I'm sorry if I made you feel insulted!

Totally agree with what you wrote. I want hinged doors! I also want a slide/fold out mobo tray, or something similar to make it easy to work on!

caselabs had that and some lian li cases had that too.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

On 7/6/2023 at 6:24 PM, RevGAM said:

I know some people are crazy about the Lian Li LanCool III, and others will vote for the Fractal Design North, but what do you think are the top 5 (or more) cases for keeping your PC cool without having to remove/replace panels, modify (e.g. pull out the tools), or load up on fans?

Extra points if you can include cases with:

• bottom to top flow
  • rear to front flow
  • negative pressure
  • not all mesh
  • best price to performance (dig deep into that bargain basement!)

They must all, however, sport the ability to maintain some of the lowest temperatures.

Oh, and one more thing. If you want to make more than one list because of different sizes (especially the tiny ones), you're welcome to do so.

EDIT
Finally, the computer must be usable. You must be able to turn it on.

Let's say someone wants a mid-tower or larger, but doesn't need water cooling, although they understand they might have no choice. They're anticipating an upcoming, very large GC that will cover up a lot of slot space, an EATX mobo, and want the most powerful, non-commercial CPU, and they'll be gaming and doing creative work. This is not my use-case, btw. I would guess that would need a 1200W PSU, at least, with the 12VHPWR PCIe5 or whatever it's called.

The person is willing to swap panels to get better results. Which cases should they consider?

11 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Let's say someone wants a mid-tower or larger, but doesn't need water cooling, although they understand they might have no choice. They're anticipating an upcoming, very large GC that will cover up a lot of slot space, an EATX mobo, and want the most powerful, non-commercial CPU, and they'll be gaming and doing creative work. This is not my use-case, btw. I would guess that would need a 1200W PSU, at least, with the 12VHPWR PCIe5 or whatever it's called.

The person is willing to swap panels to get better results. Which cases should they consider?

with the latest stuff i dont think air coolers can cool it nor can 420 aios... so...

an open air test bench is cooler then a case with good air flow

or even just taking off the side helps alot.

put up with a hot pc, undervolt, ac the room, the best case and fans will only at best drop temps like 10c.

Edited by thrasher_565

Core P3 Tempered Glass Snow Edition

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post.聽

Project Hot Box

CPU聽13900k, Motherboard聽Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM聽CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC,Case聽Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tb,聽CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i,聽Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator,聽Displays聽Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard聽Mountain Everest Max,聽Mouse聽Mountain Makalu 67, Sound聽AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR聽

Oppbevaring

CPU聽i9-9900k,聽Motherboard,聽ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8)聽GPUs聽Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080,聽Case聽Mining Frame, 2x聽Storage聽Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB,聽PSU聽Corsair RM1000x and RM850x,聽Cooling聽Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

I believe in forced induction 馃檪

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

12 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Core P3 Tempered Glass Snow Edition

Which case is that?

10 hours ago, freeagent said:

I believe in forced induction 馃檪

Would that be what they call... the draft?? 馃槂馃榿馃槅馃槄馃ぃ馃槀馃檭馃槈馃槆

31 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Which case is that?

Thermaltake P3.聽

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post.聽

Project Hot Box

CPU聽13900k, Motherboard聽Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM聽CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC,Case聽Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tb,聽CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i,聽Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator,聽Displays聽Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard聽Mountain Everest Max,聽Mouse聽Mountain Makalu 67, Sound聽AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR聽

Oppbevaring

CPU聽i9-9900k,聽Motherboard,聽ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8)聽GPUs聽Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080,聽Case聽Mining Frame, 2x聽Storage聽Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB,聽PSU聽Corsair RM1000x and RM850x,聽Cooling聽Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 7/7/2023 at 4:57 PM, freeagent said:

You say it like its such a dirty thing 馃槃

Yes, I touch my bios in impure ways聽馃

Edit:

The Torrent is an awesome case. End of story.

It is, but it has its limitations like every case. The power supply sucking the exhaust of the CPU and GPU usually isn't a problem until you get into the extreme, which has a substantially higher ceiling this generation. With a up to 600W GPU and 250W CPU, that's neigh doubling the total wattage expected, and the Torrent wasn't designed to handle that effectively.

I've put in my 2 cents of free RND for Fractal Design, who make great cases and I've bought several over the years, including the Torrent. Hell, I might even try the mod myself by dremeling out some of the reinforcement ribbing in the top panel that would allow for some airflow to a reverse mounted PSU. It'll either be a go or no go, on whether the PSU can still get airflow out the rear facing up.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012聽 //聽 Professional since 2017

Again, remove the iPPC from your exhaust if you are worried about your PSU. I am not worried about mine in the slightest.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14