Ryzen 7 5800x3d

most motherboards  can't do it (because its not supported on 5800x3D) but if your mobo can then do it in BIOS

-10 to -30 UV/offset , again,  very simple (if your mobo has that option and it's working,  which isnt a given either) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

most motherboards  can't do it (because its not supported on 5800x3D) but if your mobo can then do it in BIOS

-10 to -30 UV/offset , again,  very simple (if your mobo has that option and it's working,  which isnt a given either) 

Downloaded the PBO2 tuner. Working at a -25 offset now. Using OCCT as a tool for checking stability. That tool is not a very realistic workload right? When I was at -20 I saw highs still spike to the 80's but my average over a 10 min run was 69 I think?

21 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Your temps are normal. In Cyberpunk my 5800x3d Gets to about 83c, with doing PBO2 Tuner it gets down to about 75c. Some games will make it a bit more toasty. 

For instance Minecraft can make your CPU go to 85-90c on a solo world with a large enough view distance, and if its quite a CPU intensive game it will be quite toasty.

3800x should have been around 70-80c as well. 

What radiators and fan speeds do you have the the CPU portion of your loop?

Highly reccomend pbo2 Tuner, do -25 all cores, and since your on water you could probably do a bit on the TDC and EDC, i use 120 PPT, 80 TDC and 110 EDC on a NH-D15, you can try that and see how it goes for you.

So I followed your settings with PBO2, no crash after a 12 minute stress test with OCCT currently. Still have a max of 83 but the average is only around 66.79c right now. Hasn't gone over 83 yet and generally stays pretty low considering. Still getting full boost clocks as well! I might try to see if I can do -30 instead of -25 but I don't know if I want to push it? 

sounds good  leave it -25 see how it runs for a week... but yeah temps look good, and some spikes to 83 really dont matter at all.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

So I followed your settings with PBO2, no crash after a 12 minute stress test with OCCT currently. Still have a max of 83 but the average is only around 66.79c right now. Hasn't gone over 83 yet and generally stays pretty low considering. Still getting full boost clocks as well! I might try to see if I can do -30 instead of -25 but I don't know if I want to push it? 

58X3D is clocked super low, -30 at 4450 isn't pushing it 🙂

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

25 minutes ago, freeagent said:

58X3D is clocked super low, -30 at 4450 isn't pushing it 🙂

Guess I'm kinda worried about crashes. Just always have the feeling I'm going to break something you know? I am ordering some hydronaut paste so I can replace the stock paste that came with my waterblock. Guess I'll know this weekend if I got good coverage as well haha.

27 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

sounds good  leave it -25 see how it runs for a week... but yeah temps look good, and some spikes to 83 really dont matter at all.

Ya I'm kinda curious to see if I can bring it down more but I'm just worried about crashes. About to play some games and see what my temps are. Downloaded HWInfo so I can get accurate temperature readings instead of afterburner (heard it got discontinued?)

5 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Guess I'm kinda worried about crashes. Just always have the feeling I'm going to break something you know? I am ordering some hydronaut paste so I can replace the stock paste that came with my waterblock. Guess I'll know this weekend if I got good coverage as well haha.

Oh believe me I know. I thought these things (Zen 3) were fragile at first.. nope.

You wont hurt the CPU.

Edit:

My sig says 5900X, but it only takes a few minutes to drop my X3D back in.

1 minute ago, freeagent said:

Oh believe me I know. I thought these things (Zen 3) were fragile at first.. nope.

You wont hurt the CPU.

Edit:

My sig says 5900X, but it only takes a few minutes to drop my X3D back in.

Tried to see in bios for the PBO but I guess they removed it in a newer bios update? Oh well I might figure out a way to set it up so it launches the setting at a click or something because I know for sure that after a certain point I just can't be bothered clicking it and inputting again haha.

Right now my tdie was at 42.3 at idle but of course it spikes a little bit up to 50's because of background processes I suppose? (Aura sync, steam, discord and stuff)

I do notice that my core temperatures are sitting in the mid 30's though so not sure what the difference between them is?

2 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Tried to see in bios for the PBO but I guess they removed it in a newer bios update? Oh well I might figure out a way to set it up so it launches the setting at a click or something because I know for sure that after a certain point I just can't be bothered clicking it and inputting again haha.

Right now my tdie was at 42.3 at idle but of course it spikes a little bit up to 50's because of background processes I suppose? (Aura sync, steam, discord and stuff)

I do notice that my core temperatures are sitting in the mid 30's though so not sure what the difference between them is?

Its fine, you are good 👌

5 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Its fine, you are good 👌

Is it only possible to set the curve optimizer on startup and not the 3 other settings? All the things I'm reading are just about the curve and not the PPT, EDC and TDC

7 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Is it only possible to set the curve optimizer on startup and not the 3 other settings? All the things I'm reading are just about the curve and not the PPT, EDC and TDC

No need to mess with PPT TDC and EDC, you will just limit performance that way, as well as temps too I guess, but it is counter productive, and you can only go down, not up. On my X3D I only change FCLK/MCLK my timings, SOC and VDDGs, and my curve. -30 all core 🤘

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

No need to mess with PPT TDC and EDC, you will just limit performance that way, as well as temps too I guess, but it is counter productive, and you can only go down, not up. On my X3D I only change FCLK/MCLK my timings, SOC and VDDGs, and my curve. -30 all core 🤘

God I swear there is so much conflicting information haha. I've seen so many videos and posts about how changing these will decrease temps but not performance and then the SOC voltage I know. Haven't done it yet but I'm thinking just a modest 0.05v will help right?

8 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

God I swear there is so much conflicting information haha. I've seen so many videos and posts about how changing these will decrease temps but not performance and then the SOC voltage I know. Haven't done it yet but I'm thinking just a modest 0.05v will help right?

It might. I have never needed to manually control the voltage on mine. My sample runs super cool. I could run it at over 100w PPT with no fans on my cooler and still retain full performance, while maintaining 80c.

10 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

God I swear there is so much conflicting information haha.

I beat my CPUs.. they run distributed computing most of the time when I am not using the PC. Linpack Xtreme, 10GB load is a good way to test your cooling. Or y-cruncher. Cinebench is pretty tame 😉

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

It might. I have never needed to manually control the voltage on mine. My sample runs super cool. I could run it at over 100w PPT with no fans on my cooler and still retain full performance, while maintaining 80c.

I beat my CPUs.. they run distributed computing most of the time when I am not using the PC. Linpack Xtreme, 10GB load is a good way to test your cooling. Or y-cruncher. Cinebench is pretty tame 😉

Oh is the SOC voltage something different than what I'm thinking of? I saw my SOC voltage was like 1.278 I think?

1 minute ago, ChrisZH said:

Oh is the SOC voltage something different than what I'm thinking of? I saw my SOC voltage was like 1.278 I think?

Oh shit no. You should never need that much, unless you are pushing fclk/mclk.

8 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Oh shit no. You should never need that much, unless you are pushing fclk/mclk.

Is the SOC voltage for the cpu or ram? The only thing I changed in bios is set up DOCP for ram (3600mhz cl 16) and fan curve for my fan and pump.

26 minutes ago, ChrisZH said:

Is the SOC voltage for the cpu or ram? The only thing I changed in bios is set up DOCP for ram (3600mhz cl 16) and fan curve for my fan and pump.

Mostly for the if/mc, so yes in a sense.. for 1900 1:1 I use 1.15v SOC.

1 hour ago, freeagent said:

Man went from 75-80c in scum to 60-64

3 hours ago, freeagent said:

So if I'm games I still get up to the max boost frequency I should be fine right?

9 hours ago, freeagent said:

i think thats how i set mine, but it runs at 1.112v (or 1.106, apparently it can't decide! )

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer