Willing to do horrible things for a custom colour screwdriver!

MT441

Unfortunately I wont be able to attend this year because the expo is on the same date as the birth of our first kid! The missus isn't a fan of the idea of me leaving for a few days... But BOY am I willing to pay for someone to hook me up with a custom built (bonus points for it being signed) screwdriver!! Hit me up with an asking price and we can work out some details! Planning on buying a ticket just to support the cause! Cheers!!

I'm in a similar boat to MT441 - happy to cover shipping and a convenience fee, and the cost of the driver obviously, but I'm just wondering if someone going to LTX would mind building a custom screwdriver for me and sending it my way. Thank you!

This raises a question. Does anyone think we will be seeing LTT merch on websites on eBay? I know the quality is good and no one wants to sell them because of that, but there should be a chance you get your hand on some of these second hand.

Okay, answer to my question...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=ltt+screwdriver&_sacat=0

LTT screwdrivers with scalper prices! (not second hand I reckon)

Here are more.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=linus+tech+tips&_sacat=0

I am also interested to know why they do not ship internationally, because I reckon that is the main reason of the success of these "scalpers".

On 6/23/2023 at 11:14 AM, AAVVIronAlex said:

This raises a question. Does anyone think we will be seeing LTT merch on websites on eBay? I know the quality is good and no one wants to sell them because of that, but there should be a chance you get your hand on some of these second hand.

Okay, answer to my question...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=ltt+screwdriver&_sacat=0

LTT screwdrivers with scalper prices! (not second hand I reckon)

Here are more.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=linus+tech+tips&_sacat=0

I am also interested to know why they do not ship internationally, because I reckon that is the main reason of the success of these "scalpers".

Not shipping internationally doesn't mean scam, it just means they don't want to deal with the added hassle.

Most LTT merch wouldn't even be worth buying on eBay, because of it's price point. I also don't think there will be enough of them sold to really have a secondary market.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Not shipping internationally doesn't mean scam, it just means they don't want to deal with the added hassle.

Most LTT merch wouldn't even be worth buying on eBay, because of it's price point. I also don't think there will be enough of them sold to really have a secondary market.

I never meant it was a scam, and I do know that it does come with an additional hassle, I was just wondering if they could send the items on the store to some places like the Amazon Warehouses (if there are Amazon Warehouses) for Amazon to ship them worldwide, also, I can see why they would not do this either because it could mean no quality customer support as they have now. 

21 hours ago, AAVVIronAlex said:

I never meant it was a scam, and I do know that it does come with an additional hassle, I was just wondering if they could send the items on the store to some places like the Amazon Warehouses (if there are Amazon Warehouses) for Amazon to ship them worldwide, also, I can see why they would not do this either because it could mean no quality customer support as they have now. 

They actually do sell a small selection of their items on Amazon, including the screwdriver: 

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A2Y23KYE4NAGGJ&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

On 6/23/2023 at 2:14 PM, AAVVIronAlex said:

I'd say that's definitely a concern, but I would figure there would be more "back alley marketing" if that would be the case?

• 2 weeks later...

I am more than willing to pay First Class Shipping with a Warranty added on to said shipping to South-western Virginia + pay for at minimum 125% of the price paid at time of building!!!! At this point I'd even be willing to sell my disabled ugly ass feet pics for a purple screwdriver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/23/2023 at 12:10 AM, MT441 said:

Unfortunately I wont be able to attend this year because the expo is on the same date as the birth of our first kid! The missus isn't a fan of the idea of me leaving for a few days... But BOY am I willing to pay for someone to hook me up with a custom built (bonus points for it being signed) screwdriver!! Hit me up with an asking price and we can work out some details! Planning on buying a ticket just to support the cause! Cheers!!

Are you in Canada?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

On 6/23/2023 at 8:44 AM, Lobster_74 said:

I'm in a similar boat to MT441 - happy to cover shipping and a convenience fee, and the cost of the driver obviously, but I'm just wondering if someone going to LTX would mind building a custom screwdriver for me and sending it my way. Thank you!

Are you in Canada?

If anyone wants a custom one that cannot come dm me and I will see if I can help

On 6/22/2023 at 9:10 PM, MT441 said:

You should just wait until next year, take your kid on their first bday 😉

On 6/23/2023 at 8:44 AM, Lobster_74 said:

dm me

On 6/26/2023 at 11:15 AM, AnomalyDesign said:

They actually do sell a small selection of their items on Amazon, including the screwdriver: 

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A2Y23KYE4NAGGJ&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I've got a $50 Amazon gc that's been sitting in my wallet trying not to give Jeffy money, and a 24.99 screw driver is looking mighty tempting......... Do I need it? No. Would I use it for absolutely everything? Yes.

If someone wants to pay for shipping and all that jazz, I'm happy to snag a driver for you. Just shoot me a DM. 

I know I am jumping on this way late. But I work for a not going to name large Canadian shipping company and I get substantial discounts to Canada and the US so if anyone who can’t go wants to try and arrange me to buy more than the two (now that the stubby was announced) I plan on buying I can make it work. 

Keep in mind while I do get a discount on air if you want it cheap ground will be your friend, I will show you my receipt for shipping so you know I am not marking it up.

I more than most understand why LMG can’t ship within Canada for cheaper and still expect to service the planet for the same cost but I am willing to help subsidize that for anyone who asks.