Hey All,

Last week I finally received the H440 case and was able to put this toy together. Here are the specs:
Case - NZXT H440 black/red
Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Formula
Processor - I7 4770K
Memory - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum, DDR3 2400

Graphics Card - ASUS GTX 780
PSU - EVGA SuperNova 1000W P2, 80 Plus Platinum
Cooling - Kraken X60
Storage - (2) Samsung 840 EVO, 250GB SSD's

Accessories:
NZXT CB-LED Red light strip
Corsair M65 Mouse
Corsair K95 Keyboard

I had some issues with the Kraken unit during installation but I think I got it figured out now. Other than that, it all worked out just fine. I am now trying to overclock it, but I need more time to learn more about this process. Asus' AI Suite III can do this relatively quickly and painlessly, but I was getting the blue screen of death even at the minimum 4.2 GHz setting. So at this point I am running it on stock speed as of last night and will see if anything crashes again. If not, I will then crank it up again, but probably not as much as 2400 MHz on the memory, which I think is causing the problems here. In any event, here it is... Even at stock clock, I was getting 90 FPS in World of Tanks at max settings on 1920 x 1080 - what an eye opening experience coming from 16 FPS on my HP laptop, lol!!

Let me know what you think :)

post-79975-0-45227500-1399921929_thumb.j

post-79975-0-81710200-1399921949_thumb.j

I love that case so much.  :wub:

i'm a potato

It's a good case and I loved the looks and accessories it comes with. Bit cozy with the X60 on the top in a pull configuration, but doable with some light persuasion. 

Looking good! Great cable management.

Also, you definitely matched up your components very well..

The motherboard literally looks like it's part of the case; very similar, rugged aesthetics.

Now, my next comment is just nitpicking. And that is, your Kraken X60. It's the only component that doesn't fit too well with the rest of the look. Although the color matches, of course, the rest of your build has a rugged, squared-off, straight-lined type of look - and the cooler is a circle with no straight lines. It appeals more to the "sleek, simplistic" aesthetic. Your motherboard, GPU, RAM and even more importantly, your H440 has the similar straight lines & rugged look. See what I mean?

Like I said, I'm just nitpicking. As I mentioned, your build all in all looks great. Good job.

But I have a question for you. That red/black PSU cover on the bottom.. Do you know if it's sold seperately? Also, what is it called? Is there a specific name for it? I'm trying to get one for my Phantom 820 and mod it a bit, since I'm switching out the mesh for Glass on the side panel.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Woah that looks sweet, seeing a custom water loop with red coolant/tubing would look insane! You could also tidy the cables at the back and mount a 240mm at the front below the drives and mount the mount othe drives in the PSU casing. A part from that, that's all I can suggest and welcome to the forums! :D

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

Thanks Guys!

So the Kraken "circular" logo thingy... lol... I originally looked at another unit, the Enermax Liqtech 240, because Kraken was on backorder. I finally opted out for X60 for 2 reasons: 1 - good reviews vs. basically no reviews for Enermax; 2 - I needed to make sure that it will fit the case w/o any issues. Since both the cooler and the case are from NZXT, I felt more comfortable with this pair.

Cable management could probably use more finesse, I agree, and so do my OCD's... HA!! I still have to go back and redo some fan connections so I will probably get these cables reorganized bit more at the same time.

Looking good! Great cable management.

Also, you definitely matched up your components very well..

The motherboard literally looks like it's part of the case; very similar, rugged aesthetics.

Now, my next comment is just nitpicking. And that is, your Kraken X60. It's the only component that doesn't fit too well with the rest of the look. Although the color matches, of course, the rest of your build has a rugged, squared-off, straight-lined type of look - and the cooler is a circle with no straight lines. It appeals more to the "sleek, simplistic" aesthetic. Your motherboard, GPU, RAM and even more importantly, your H440 has the similar straight lines & rugged look. See what I mean?

Like I said, I'm just nitpicking. As I mentioned, your build all in all looks great. Good job.

But I have a question for you. That red/black PSU cover on the bottom.. Do you know if it's sold seperately? Also, what is it called? Is there a specific name for it? I'm trying to get one for my Phantom 820 and mod it a bit, since I'm switching out the mesh for Glass on the side panel.

I don't think they sell the red NZXT cover separately. It's an integral part of the case and you can't remove it easily (I think it riveted in). They may have it available as a replacement if you have a proof of purchase of the original H440 case, but otherwise I'd probably think that they wouldn't want their logo displayed on just about any other case... you know... protecting the brand and all that corporate legal stuff.

I don't think they sell the red NZXT cover separately. It's an integral part of the case and you can't remove it easily (I think it riveted in). They may have it available as a replacement if you have a proof of purchase of the original H440 case, but otherwise I'd probably think that they wouldn't want their logo displayed on just about any other case... you know... protecting the brand and all that corporate legal stuff.

Do you by any chance happen to know what it's called, or if there's even a name to it? Again, I want it for my NZXT Phantom 820, which I am having a hard time finding anything like it. Also, what about ones they sell for other cases, maybe I can mod it to fit?

Let me know if you can help with any of these questions! Thanks in advance mate.

Btw, I understand the Kraken X60 over the Enermax, what about Corsair? The H1xx series are all square, rugged and awesome looking. Plus, the H100i has an LED you can change to any color.. Red, for you, in example. :P

Do you by any chance happen to know what it's called, or if there's even a name to it? Again, I want it for my NZXT Phantom 820, which I am having a hard time finding anything like it. Also, what about ones they sell for other cases, maybe I can mod it to fit?

Let me know if you can help with any of these questions! Thanks in advance mate.

Btw, I understand the Kraken X60 over the Enermax, what about Corsair? The H1xx series are all square, rugged and awesome looking. Plus, the H100i has an LED you can change to any color.. Red, for you, in example. :P

I'll check the paperwork at home tonight and let you know if there's a part # for that cover.

I can change the color on the X60 pump too, thank you very much! Right now I have it at dimmed white, and set to bright red when the temps go over 50C. But I do agree, H100i is a good choice too. Perhaps another time...

I'll check the paperwork at home tonight and let you know if there's a part # for that cover.

I can change the color on the X60 pump too, thank you very much! Right now I have it at dimmed white, and set to bright red when the temps go over 50C. But I do agree, H100i is a good choice too. Perhaps another time...

Yeah man.. It's not like life is over. As I said, I was just nitpicking. Your build looks great, period. I'm probably the only member on the forum that would've even noticed that, haha. Considering I'm a designer.. So that's probably why!