Brought a 10G card but not enough space

cyvax

Hello,

I brought a 10g SFP+ card while thinking this could fit in my case...

But the problem I have is my graphics card is slightly too big...

My specs are

MB : MSI MAG B460 Tomahawk

GPU : MSI 4080 GAMING X TRIO

10g SFP+ : ASUS XG-C100F

I've provided a picture of the pie slot I wanted to use.

I know that pcie port is disabled when that Samsung m.2 is installed (the final objective for this m.2 is to be moved).

Does anyone have an idea how I can have clearance or if anything exist to make that pcie down one slot ?

I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20230612_204500.thumb.jpg.81f3fcdf81b8c10c364c856b9130ee0d.jpg

the only way to get more clearance would be either a different cooler or a PCIe riser and mounting the card somewhere else.

running the 10G card in the 1x slot would most likely not work or severely limit your performance.

It's probably a little pricier than grabbing a new mobo and case, but you can always water cool the GPU:

Alphacool Introduces Eiswolf 2 AiO for RTX 4080/4090 and RX 7900XT/XTX GPUs | TechPowerUp

Eiswolf 2 GPU AiO für RTX 4080 Suprim | Alphacool

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

unfortunatly your going to have to either verticly mount ur gpu (if ur case supports it) or get a new cooller for it

10 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

the only way to get more clearance would be either a different cooler or a PCIe riser and mounting the card somewhere else.

running the 10G card in the 1x slot would most likely not work or severely limit your performance.

I didn't even think of doing anything with those 1x port.

I did brought a Pcie riser but got a 15cm so.

7 minutes ago, LapsedMemory said:

It's probably a little pricier than grabbing a new mobo and case, but you can always water cool the GPU:

Alphacool Introduces Eiswolf 2 AiO for RTX 4080/4090 and RX 7900XT/XTX GPUs | TechPowerUp

Eiswolf 2 GPU AiO für RTX 4080 Suprim | Alphacool

I never tried to watercool a GPU and I am quite afraid to try Especially with the price of those 40 series GPU...

2 minutes ago, bezza... said:

unfortunatly your going to have to either verticly mount ur gpu (if ur case supports it) or get a new cooller for it

My case is a NZXT H9 so it does support vertical mounting but the problem is the network card as my GPU take 3 slots won't the network card have no space ? 

24 minutes ago, cyvax said:

My case is a NZXT H9 so it does support vertical mounting but the problem is the network card as my GPU take 3 slots won't the network card have no space ?

What about vertically mounting the SFP+ card? Is there room?

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16812987064?Description=90 degree pcie riser&cm_re=90_degree pcie riser-_-12-987-064-_-Product&quicklink=true

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

I did think of vertically mounting the SFP+, that was my backup plan initially but my case I don't really see how.

As that first slot is too high thanks to my motherboard, I am left with only 3 slot at the bottom,

If a vertical pcie mount exist for 3 slots I would be delighted.

IMG_20230612_215933.thumb.jpg.dc5115f8a4148898f581290191e48863.jpg

I have a riser like the one you linked but due to that layout, and the 2~3 mm that the GPU use it's quite complicated to use