Microsoft is working on locker service for XBox Music

GoodBytes

The Verge reports that Livesino discovered code in OneDrive which implements, which would suggest that Microsoft is working on a locker service like Google Play Music store.

18ea4b59-66dd-40d2-83a1-d8a3d55c537e.png

They discovered a Music folder in OneDrive which XBox Music app can play music from. The description found says:

Meet your OneDrive Music folder. Upload your music files to this folder, so that you can play them via Xbox Music from any of your devices. You can also add files to this folder using the OneDrive app for your computer.

The Verge says:

While Microsoft has a scan and match service for Xbox Music already, this new OneDrive support appears to be more similar to Amazon and Google’s own music lockers so you can upload and store or stream music that’s not in the Xbox Music store. Microsoft has been gradually improving its Xbox Music service in recent months, adding offline support to its iOS and Android apps and feature improvements on the Windows side. It’s not known exactly when this new feature arrive, but with references discovered on onedrive.com, it’s clear Microsoft is busy testing it ahead of a roll out more broadly.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/12/5709854/onedrive-music-folder-xbox-music-microsoft-music-locker

Image source: http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/Music

So it looks like XBox Music will get even more powerful and interesting.

Are you interested in such feature? For those who have Google and Amazon own music streaming service, do you use this feature?

Meh.. I don't have a Xbox one and i don't want one. I'll just use Spotify! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Humm guys. XBox Music is a service. It has nothing to do with the gaming console.

Fire up Music app in Windows 8, and that's XBox Music.

It is like Spotify, but larger library, and less restrictions. Works on iOS, and Android.

Xbox Music is not available in my country. I'm not sure if Xbox One is available either, then again I don't care.

Region locks, they are one of the few things that'll make you feel like it's 1980s again.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Great, so now it's not completely useless for me anymore. The 15 dollar a month fee (costs 99SEK a month here in Sweden) completely kills it for me though. I'll just use Google Music until they make it free, and even when it's free they are going to need some worthy unique feature to make me actually switch.

Sorry Microsoft but you are yet again too late to the party, and are offering too little.

Xbox Music is not available in my country. I'm not sure if Xbox One is available either, then again I don't care.

Region locks, they are one of the few things that'll make you feel like it's 1980s again.

That is because of the wonderful Music Association group. Apparently they don't like money, and freak out why cassettes tapes sales are so low.

Humm guys. XBox Music is a service. It has nothing to do with the gaming console.

Are you suggesting that Microsoft has failed in branding outside of calling the 3rd Xbox the "Xbox One"?

;)

Reminds me of the "Wii U" branding in how moms think that it is a $300 add-on for the Wii console they already own for their kids.  Now Xbox Music is confusing because it contains the name of the console, yet it is a service..... can you blame people for not knowing? :)

Are you suggesting that Microsoft has failed in branding outside of calling the 3rd Xbox the "Xbox One"?

;)

Reminds me of the "Wii U" branding in how moms think that it is a $300 add-on for the Wii console they already own for their kids.  Now Xbox Music is confusing because it contains the name of the console, yet it is a service..... can you blame people for not knowing? :)

It's better than Zune Music Pass and Windows Music Live Essential 2014 - Human Edition Pro

It's better than Zune Music Pass and Windows Music Live Essential 2014 - Human Edition Pro

I get the feeling that these brandings are not made up by you. :P