Huntsman mini and v2 question

Dogfartet

So my blackwidow v3 died and I’m deciding between the huntsman v2 or the huntsman mini and I have a question about the switches. What is the difference between the linear switches and clicky optical switches on the huntsman v2 and the huntsman mini? Is the latency and the pre-travel and/or total travel different on these switches on these keyboards

Not sure I understand your question. As far as I am aware both keyboards use the same switches. The linear switches have an actuation point of 1mm, and the clicky switches have an actuation point of 1.5mm. The linear switches are 5 grams lighter to press (40g vs 45g). I believe the Huntsman V2 boasts a higher polling rate but I doubt it will make a noticeable difference.

35 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Not sure I understand your question. As far as I am aware both keyboards use the same switches. The linear switches have an actuation point of 1mm, and the clicky switches have an actuation point of 1.5mm. The linear switches are 5 grams lighter to press (40g vs 45g). I believe the Huntsman V2 boasts a higher polling rate but I doubt it will make a noticeable difference.

My budget is 130 usd and I’m buying at the razer store and it is sold at msrp sometimes it is on sale but only the sale is only shown at the store is there a difference between linear and clicky switches on the huntsman mini

1 hour ago, Dogfartet said:

My budget is 130 usd and I’m buying at the razer store and it is sold at msrp sometimes it is on sale but only the sale is only shown at the store is there a difference between linear and clicky switches on the huntsman mini

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

The linear switches have an actuation point of 1mm, and the clicky switches have an actuation point of 1.5mm. The linear switches are 5 grams lighter to press (40g vs 45g).

And besides, in game? Wont be easy to tell the difference unless you're in hardline cope, pixel peeping around it. And at 130 dollars you're so close to just buying a Wooting 60HE outright and don't have to deal with Huntsman optical limitation on rapid trigger function.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

And besides, in game? Wont be easy to tell the difference unless you're in hardline cope, pixel peeping around it. And at 130 dollars you're so close to just buying a Wooting 60HE outright and don't have to deal with Huntsman optical limitation on rapid trigger function.

Well I need something asap and don’t want to wait for a wooting and even if I did afford a wooting it says that the estimate time will arrive at the warehouse to ship at June 26th and is linear better than clicky in travel in both pre and total and latency on the huntsman mini

1 minute ago, Dogfartet said:

is linear better than clicky in travel in both pre and total and latency on the huntsman mini

Dont be latencypilled. Theyll come to the same .5ms response, the difference in travel of .5mm is not enough to completely change your keystroke, even 1mm travel difference is hard to do by finger, and if you bottom out it wouldnt even matter. The Linear would have the "edge" but if you like the typing feel of a tactile dont deny yourself of it just because you thought you lost a fight from .5mm extra travel.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Compared to your mouse, a keyboard won’t have a substantial impact on your performance beyond around $60. Anything beyond that is just marketing, all that changes is build quality. If you’re buying it in the store, try the boards to see what switches you prefer and get that board.

5 hours ago, Ominous said:

Compared to your mouse, a keyboard won’t have a substantial impact on your performance beyond around $60. Anything beyond that is just marketing, all that changes is build quality. If you’re buying it in the store, try the boards to see what switches you prefer and get that board.

13 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Dont be latencypilled. Theyll come to the same .5ms response, the difference in travel of .5mm is not enough to completely change your keystroke, even 1mm travel difference is hard to do by finger, and if you bottom out it wouldnt even matter. The Linear would have the "edge" but if you like the typing feel of a tactile dont deny yourself of it just because you thought you lost a fight from .5mm extra travel.

So from what both of you said just get which one feels and sounds better

1 hour ago, Dogfartet said:

So from what both of you said just get which one feels and sounds better

Exactly this. Once you hit that price point, it just comes down to taste.