Brand new build will post but nothing else

Rhudy
Go to solution Solved by Blue4130,
1 minute ago, Rhudy said:

Control+alt+delete and reset button both work. It comes back to the same page but when just hitting delete to go to setup is doesn’t do anything

Have you tried pressing y to reset the fTPM?

Just finished building my first pc. Everything powers on and seems to be working fine and it will post to my monitor with the “new cpu” screen and to hit delete to go to setup. I can hit delete for 10-15 mins and nothing happens it just stays on that screen. 
Cpu: Ryzen 5800x3d

Gpu: amd 6800xt

corsair 1000w ps

B550 aorus elite ax v2

4x16gb g. Skill ddr4 ram

Depending on how old the board is, it may not have an up to date enough bios on it to support the 5800x3d out of the box. Bios version needs to be f10 or newer. F10 came it in September of 2020 so the board would have had to sit for a long time but one never knows…

Does it give you a bios version anywhere?

Try hitting the reset button and see if it actually resets and goes back to that screen cause if it doesnt that means the board froze up

Also try control + alt + delete which will also reset the mobo, if reset button works and resets mobo but not control + alt + delete your keyboard is problably not being detected

20 minutes ago, Whatisthis said:

Depending on how old the board is, it may not have an up to date enough bios on it to support the 5800x3d out of the box. Bios version needs to be f10 or newer. F10 came it in September of 2020 so the board would have had to sit for a long time but one never knows…

Does it give you a bios version anywhere?

It says it’s version fb which on gigabytes website says the 5800x3d works with that version

17 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Try hitting the reset button and see if it actually resets and goes back to that screen cause if it doesnt that means the board froze up

Also try control + alt + delete which will also reset the mobo, if reset button works and resets mobo but not control + alt + delete your keyboard is problably not being detected

Control+alt+delete and reset button both work. It comes back to the same page but when just hitting delete to go to setup is doesn’t do anything

28B607B1-1FE3-4DD5-A43F-BEBEDDD4F941.jpeg

1 minute ago, Rhudy said:

If the above doesn’t work, take out the storage drives completely and see if you can get into bios.

If yes, you got sold a locked drive. Return for a refund and buy from someone else.

58 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

Once I pushed y it did it’s thing and I was able to go and check everything in the bios and install the os and everything else. I’m not gunna lie of all the videos I’ve seen no ones mentioned that they just said hit delete or f2 to go to setup so I had no clue what would happen if i hit it

15 minutes ago, Rhudy said:

Once I pushed y it did it’s thing and I was able to go and check everything in the bios and install the os and everything else. I’m not gunna lie of all the videos I’ve seen no ones mentioned that they just said hit delete or f2 to go to setup so I had no clue what would happen if i hit it

That's why you need to read the whole error message, not just the first line 😉

Good luck with the rest of the build.