My media server crashed need some help

I have a decent sized media server running on unraid, that a friend helped me set up. need some help with it, got some of it figured out. need someone with more knowledge than me, to give me one on one help. need to have knowledge of dockers, unraid and the arrs, if i have to explain that to you, than your not the person for me.

14 minutes ago, Gears OG said:

I have a decent sized media server running on unraid, that a friend helped me set up. need some help with it, got some of it figured out. need someone with more knowledge than me, to give me one on one help. need to have knowledge of dockers, unraid and the arrs, if i have to explain that to you, than your not the person for me.

So what's the problem?

all the web GUI'S where unavailble, had to delete them, and fresh install them, having trouble re-configuring it, got some of it working, but i am not a IT guy

3 hours ago, Gears OG said:

all the web GUI'S where unavailble, had to delete them, and fresh install them, having trouble re-configuring it, got some of it working, but i am not a IT guy

Without specifics, the best anyone here will be able to do is say "well configure it properly". You will need to give specific issues and errors if you want help.

13 hours ago, Gears OG said:

Why were they unavailable..? What issues did they show? Probably don’t delete things until you know what caused the issue because it’s entirely possible whatever happened was recoverable.

WebUI’s don’t just die, especially not on multiple servers all at once. Sounds like a network issue or a firewall issue. 

As far as setting them back up, you’re going to need to read a bunch of forum posts/guides and watch videos to get it set up. Someone trying to set this up for you would need access to the machine, it’s very difficult to just say “do this and this and it’ll work” for someone else’s config and situation. Unfortunately, being a homelaber takes a lot of self learning and experimenting because things WILL go sideways on you. It’s just part of how this all works. If nothing ever broke, IT people wouldn’t have very secure jobs and wouldn’t make bank. 

All of this to say, getting 1:1 help likely isn’t going to happen, and if someone was nice enough to offer it, they would really need to be able to SSH into your network (I wouldn’t let a random person into my network…. And I def wouldn’t give them credentials) or at a minimum spend an hour in a chat client with you, and that’s a lot to ask of someone.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

If I ever get no response from several webgui, or all of them, then I know it's either my server went down for some reason, and didn't start the dockers when it re-upped, or that it's not on at all. First thing I would do is just try logging into portainer or whichever manager you're using to check the dockers... if you can't log into portainer, or indeed your server at all, then just restart the server. Then again try logging into the docker manager... this usually get's things going again, and then all I have to do is start another few docker containers that require another networked docker to be able to start, for instance sabnzbd and gluetun.

If that doesn't solve your issues, then you might be able to log directly into your server and find out the problem, likely that the network address changed if not configured static or something else trivial, and fix it there. 

I haven't used unraid in some time, so can't help specific issues... maybe your friend that set it up can help?  I keep a text file with my docker configs info on it, so that if the worst were to happen, I can just ssh into the system and run the docker commands to set them up again. I also keep backups of my "arr" settings, so that I can recover pretty quickly from major errors... well so far anyway. If you don't have backups of the docker run scripts, you can easily just go to dockerhub and search for the image you want eg radarr, and find the docker run script 

docker run -d \
  --name=radarr \
  -e PUID=1000 \
  -e PGID=1000 \
  -e TZ=Etc/UTC \
  -p 7878:7878 \
  -v /path/to/data:/config \
  -v /path/to/movies:/movies `#optional` \
  -v /path/to/downloadclient-downloads:/downloads `#optional` \
  --restart unless-stopped \
  lscr.io/linuxserver/radarr:latest

then all you need to do is change the paths and timezone for example.

I'm no expert by any means, but if I can help I will... again not using unraid though, so might not be able.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini