LTT water bottle thread profile?

watzon

Hoping someone just happens to have this info in their brain, but does anyone happen to know the thread profile for the water bottle lids? I'm trying to design a 3d printable lid and would rather not have to waste a ton of plastic on trial and error. Thanks!

56 minutes ago, watzon said:

Hoping someone just happens to have this info in their brain, but does anyone happen to know the thread profile for the water bottle lids? I'm trying to design a 3d printable lid and would rather not have to waste a ton of plastic on trial and error. Thanks!

I don’t think LTT builds the water bottles.  They just design the graphics. (If they didn’t design the water bottle itself they did pick it though)   I found a thermos brand at a goodwill that looks suspiciously similar.  If they are the same maybe an email to thermos will turn up something. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I have seen people say that Hydroflask lids fit, so you could absolutely be correct there @Bombastinator

1 minute ago, watzon said:

I have seen people say that Hydroflask lids fit, so you could absolutely be correct there @Bombastinator

I could send you a bunch of .raw photos of mine, but my micrometer isn’t terribly trustworthy.  It’s really just more of a vernier for me.   If you get one in hand with a real micrometer you could measure the threads though.  There’s a pretty standard and simple system for threading 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm ok. I have my bottle and calipers, but this is my first time doing threading in Fusion 360 so I'm dealing with some trial and error. I'll figure it out eventually.

I found the LTT lid fits on a BUBBA, but the bubba doesn't have a thick enough lid to properly seal the LTT bottle. So if you know what the threads are for a BUBBA, it should be pretty darn close.

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

I found the LTT lid fits on a BUBBA, but the bubba doesn't have a thick enough lid to properly seal the LTT bottle. So if you know what the threads are for a BUBBA, it should be pretty darn close.

The only bubba I’ve ever heard of lived in Alabama.  I don’t even know what model I’ve got.  I know a panda who knows a lot about catfishing (kicks all kinds of butt on casting for Muskie btw)

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The only bubba I’ve ever heard of lived in Alabama.  I don’t even know what model I’ve got.  I know a panda who knows a lot about catfishing (kicks all kinds of butt on casting for Muskie btw)

Is it like a NE thing? Hydro flask is the basic white girl bottle, and bubba is the dude equivalent. I only have one because I lost an LTT somewhere after coming home for lockdown. 

16855843862686786911326313603490.jpg

Mine doesn’t look like that though it is similar. There’s no indent or shiny cap on the bottom. I need to find it and post a pic.  Just looked for it but struck out.  It’s in the apartment though. Also, flasks are gendered?  That’s just weird.

Edited by Bombastinator

found it.  Thermoflask.  Mythermoflask.com

IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1405.jpeg