GPU won't align with case to screw in

Go to solution Solved by thrasher_565,

just push it slitly back.

pic 1 and 2 are different ceases...

if pick one just push it slitly back

if pic 2 there a screw in the way...

if the gpu is flush but not alinged then push it slitly back. if its not flush then some times cheap cases dont have a wide enough slot for the pci bracket to fit you might need to cut it a bit.

i would look at the case pci slot cover first and see were the problem is first.

GPU not fitting in PCI bracket? : r/buildapc

gpu pci mod.png

I had posted about this issue 2 days ago but sadly I hadn't taken a picture of the situation at the time since I put all my pc parts back in the box. But after looking on the internet I'm not the only one since it has to do with the actual case than user error.

Here are some pictures that I've seen on reddit of people complaining about the same thing as I was. 

As you can see it doesn't align but then you think "Try pushing it up a bit to align the thumb screws" but leaves it to the issue on picture 3.

3hvpjem6tld81.thumb.webp.a73e83eef00ee394cfe1d31b1270574b.webp

ktboxqe135x61.thumb.webp.8771de1f4af424e49dd293ab0ad890eb.webp

A0GCL9d.thumb.jpg.27404344d3400c27e92d8751648f2e84.jpg

All these things are the exact issues I had, at first I thought I was installing the GPU wrong and that it wasn't slotted in all the way so after reseating the GPU 3-4 times I realized it wasn't me. Its actually quite hard to notice these imperfections on the case from a outside perceptive if you don't have a GPU slotted to see them. 

"Sometimes, the people who are thousands of miles away from you can make you feel better than people right beside you."

just push it slitly back.

pic 1 and 2 are different ceases...

if pick one just push it slitly back

if pic 2 there a screw in the way...

if the gpu is flush but not alinged then push it slitly back. if its not flush then some times cheap cases dont have a wide enough slot for the pci bracket to fit you might need to cut it a bit.

i would look at the case pci slot cover first and see were the problem is first.

GPU not fitting in PCI bracket? : r/buildapc

gpu pci mod.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links