U.K. Corsair HX 1500i Power Supply to U.S. outlet via adaptor or heavy converter box

Jatlon

HX 1500i Power supply, made in the UK, the plug being incompatible with U.S. outlets however to what power adapter [small compact design] or heavy converter [if necessary]. Given the wattage/1500, would make sense to have an adapter both surge protector & covering at least 3000w or 3500w. Converter box/more expensive, to at least 3000wats or 3500w. Have a husky power surge protector 4200 joules.

To what would recommend & by 220v convert to 110v or 240v - 120v, neither wanting to limit the power supply however not spending what may not be necessary because of the surge protector.

To what can help with & more, please leave as many details as able to. Can email at]  jadnaskya@gmail.com

What do you mean the plug is incompatible? Just buy a 3-prong cable for US outlets, and change the voltage if there is a switch on the PSU.

28 minutes ago, Jatlon said:

HX 1500i Power supply, made in the UK, the plug being incompatible with U.S. outlets however to what power adapter [small compact design] or heavy converter [if necessary]. Given the wattage/1500, would make sense to have an adapter both surge protector & covering at least 3000w or 3500w. Converter box/more expensive, to at least 3000wats or 3500w. Have a husky power surge protector 4200 joules.

To what would recommend & by 220v convert to 110v or 240v - 120v, neither wanting to limit the power supply however not spending what may not be necessary because of the surge protector.

To what can help with & more, please leave as many details as able to. Can email at]  jadnaskya@gmail.com

What the guy above me said.

Modern PC power supply was made to take in a range of voltages. You don't need a voltage converter box, unlike in the past.

So you can just go to an electronic store, buy a decent US pronged power supply power cable and use it.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

What the guy above me said.

Modern PC power supply was made to take in a range of voltages. You don't need a voltage converter box, unlike in the past.

So you can just go to an electronic store, buy a decent US pronged power supply power cable and use it.

appreciate some feedback, so the converter box as I guessed isn't required; gathering it's used for near industrial appliances [construction appliances I noticed in variations found]. Adapter, UK to US outlet, so far 2400watts is what I've found so far; power supply as mentioned 1500watts [so long as from 240/220v to 120/110v should be fine other than a 4200 joules surge protector & mind you only the computer out of 10 plugs will be on it literally [smart electric grid choice no doubt]

1 hour ago, brian105 said:

What do you mean the plug is incompatible? Just buy a 3-prong cable for US outlets, and change the voltage if there is a switch on the PSU.

thanks for reply, it's U.K. to U.S. outlet < thus 1500watts & an adapter that of quality that can handle, best have found so far in compact size 2400watts

1 hour ago, Jatlon said:

appreciate some feedback, so the converter box as I guessed isn't required; gathering it's used for near industrial appliances [construction appliances I noticed in variations found]. Adapter, UK to US outlet, so far 2400watts is what I've found so far; power supply as mentioned 1500watts [so long as from 240/220v to 120/110v should be fine other than a 4200 joules surge protector & mind you only the computer out of 10 plugs will be on it literally [smart electric grid choice no doubt]

https://www.amazon.com/APzek-International-Resetting-Universal-Countries/dp/B0B4ZH1MZQ/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=4000W+High+Power+International+Power+Adapter+with+Auto&qid=1685076697&sr=8-3 am looking into 5000watts if can find, however even if the power supply to be safe < is 1500w x2 = 3000w, whether is double or by adapter is 1500w; this will be 1000w over; safe figure & configuration

1 hour ago, Jatlon said:

4000 watts is the highest for compact sizing, however 1000 watts over even if the 1500 power supply were double/however by down volting it is only likely with a high end ddr5/am5 computer build along with RTX 4090 Ti; even so the graphicard is the only out of the entire mix that would require the most power. Given the surge protector 4200 joules/watt surge < or peaks < it is unlikely even the 4090 Ti would still be of issue [other than whom that didn't have safe secured power to the graphicard via gpu to mother board connector <

Best I have at this time & not so intimidated any more given the wattage of the adapter found; awaiting confirmations & of examples to know this adapter will work to it's capacity & given will be a ddr5 build & more than likely with the RTX 4090 Ti

1 hour ago, Jatlon said:

4000 watts is the highest for compact sizing, however 1000 watts over even if the 1500 power supply were double/however by down volting it is only likely with a high end ddr5/am5 computer build along with RTX 4090 Ti; even so the graphicard is the only out of the entire mix that would require the most power. Given the surge protector 4200 joules/watt surge < or peaks < it is unlikely even the 4090 Ti would still be of issue [other than whom that didn't have safe secured power to the graphicard via gpu to mother board connector <

Best I have at this time & not so intimidated any more given the wattage of the adapter found; awaiting confirmations & of examples to know this adapter will work to it's capacity & given will be a ddr5 build & more than likely with the RTX 4090 Ti

last detail to look at, is powering the pc itself/everything connected & although the power supply would be fine, to what connected would that translated voltage not effect to the rest of the computer itself << prime question given the hard drives < if unstable/probably unusable & to what may or may not be effected based on the voltage down stepped to regulate with the wattage from the wall to the entire pc < if adapter will work with the entire unit < then no doubt set; just a difference between all wiring in the computer will be converted to corsair power cables < entire set came with power supply/would the amperage & those cables not be an issue with the adapter < the adapter itself is the only question for if it regulates successfully then it is 1500watts/max of course/neither at idle or gaming unless literally using that much [extremely doubtful though can be done].

So long as balanced with adapter found then all is set with this industrial corsair power supply

& that amperage compatibility with cables to go with entire computer itself.

just get a US outlet cable for the power supply, no conversion is necessary because the power supply is wide input range. - and power cables are cheaper than those dog shyte travel adapters.

32 minutes ago, manikyath said:

power cables are cheaper than those dog shyte travel adapters.

^^^^^ easy and quick

other options

you can even steal one from the kitchen. if you have any old appliances no longer really being used....many items as a food mixer coffee machine steam kettle to boil water etc etc. they all pretty much have standard socket at the appliance end and local plug at the other.

Many of those appliances are rated for 1000 1500 watts with ease.

You even have the option to simply cut the UK plug off then strip back the wires and buy a USA plug and fit it yourself. it is not rocket science.

The HX1500i supports full range 100-250V input.

You don't need to use a plug adapter. The power cable unplugs from the back of the power supply. You will just need to replace the power cable with one that has a US plug on it. Because it is a high wattage power supply the HX1500i uses a C19 connector. Just type "C19 power cable" in to Amazon or wherever you want to buy from.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, johnno23 said:

^^^^^ easy and quick

other options

you can even steal one from the kitchen. if you have any old appliances no longer really being used....many items as a food mixer coffee machine steam kettle to boil water etc etc. they all pretty much have standard socket at the appliance end and local plug at the other.

Many of those appliances are rated for 1000 1500 watts with ease.

You even have the option to simply cut the UK plug off then strip back the wires and buy a USA plug and fit it yourself. it is not rocket science.

to have a U.K. to the power supply <  & have the U.S. part that goes into the wall; that could be an easy solution agreed. https://www.cdw.com/product/startech.com-6ft-heavy-duty-14-awg-computer-power-cord-nema-5-15p-to-c19/3741882?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjryjBhD0ARIsAMLvnF8lcb1bx9LFNYcrSelTspi0Hvwf-IUCcOiq2EtGIllTUAhD7Gs3fKAaAvw7EALw_wcB&cm_ven=acquirgy&cm_cat=google&cm_pla=NA-NA-StarTech.com_CA&cm_ite=3741882&ef_id=Cj0KCQjwjryjBhD0ARIsAMLvnF8lcb1bx9LFNYcrSelTspi0Hvwf-IUCcOiq2EtGIllTUAhD7Gs3fKAaAvw7EALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!4223!3!198550684941!!!g!301425129349! guessing this is the item that could be a better fix; from the power port to the supply & the difference from amount of wattage it's going to pull < down stepping the volts seems the safer route & re-checked the plug to power supply is exact in cable link provided

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

You don't need to use a plug adapter. The power cable unplugs from the back of the power supply. You will just need to replace the power cable with one that has a US plug on it. Because it is a high wattage power supply the HX1500i uses a C19 connector. Just type "C19 power cable" in to Amazon or wherever you want to buy from.

https://www.cdw.com/product/startech.com-6ft-heavy-duty-14-awg-computer-power-cord-nema-5-15p-to-c19/3741882?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjryjBhD0ARIsAMLvnF8lcb1bx9LFNYcrSelTspi0Hvwf-IUCcOiq2EtGIllTUAhD7Gs3fKAaAvw7EALw_wcB&cm_ven=acquirgy&cm_cat=google&cm_pla=NA-NA-StarTech.com_CA&cm_ite=3741882&ef_id=Cj0KCQjwjryjBhD0ARIsAMLvnF8lcb1bx9LFNYcrSelTspi0Hvwf-IUCcOiq2EtGIllTUAhD7Gs3fKAaAvw7EALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!4223!3!198550684941!!!g!301425129349!

wouldn't have guessed, though I suppose you get lucky with power supplys/unless without that option. Shows C19 in description, for me it's about knowing for sure; if this works & just wanting a bit more confirmation if feel is necessary to provide <<  I by no means have a back up pc; definitely primary other than only build.

Everyone's responses are much appreciated & I don't mind any critic like responses lol, just needing to know what to worry about < unless there actually isn't other than just getting power to supply & to the wall done right

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

https://www.amazon.com/Cablelera-North-American-Extension-ZWACPFAC-06/dp/B00GMPVAJM/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1IPY7TKVAQMZT&keywords=StarTech.com+6ft+(1.8m)+Heavy+Duty+Power+Cord%2C+NEMA+5-15P+to+C19+AC+Power+Cable%2C+15A+125V%2C+14AWG&qid=1685082581&sprefix=startech.com+6ft+1.8m+heavy+duty+power+cord%2C+nema+5-15p+to+c19+ac+power+cable%2C+15a+125v%2C+14awg%2Caps%2C962&sr=8-5

other than waiting for response, this is much less in price other than if worth downgrading < unless aren't because a power cable isn't sophisticated enough to worry about

suppose will include amazon results for startech https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Computer-Network-Equipment-PXT515C19146/dp/B00VRET4F0/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1IPY7TKVAQMZT&keywords=StarTech.com+6ft+(1.8m)+Heavy+Duty+Power+Cord%2C+NEMA+5-15P+to+C19+AC+Power+Cable%2C+15A+125V%2C+14AWG&qid=1685082581&sprefix=startech.com+6ft+1.8m+heavy+duty+power+cord%2C+nema+5-15p+to+c19+ac+power+cable%2C+15a+125v%2C+14awg%2Caps%2C962&sr=8-1

• Manufacturer (OEM): CWT
  • Max Power: 1500W
  • Cybenetics Efficiency: [115V] Platinum (89-91%) [230V] Platinum (91-93%)
  • 80 Plus Efficiency: Platinum
  • Noise: Cybenetics A- (25 – 30 dBA)
  • Compliance: ATX12V v2.53, EPS 2.92
  • Alternative Low Power Mode support: Yes
  • Power 12V: 1500W
  • Power 5V + 3.3v: 150W
  • Power 5VSB: 17.5W
  • Cooling: 140 mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan (NR140P)
  • Semi-Passive Operation: Yes
  • Modular Design: Yes (Fully)
  • High Power Connectors: 3x EPS (3x cables), 9x PCIe 6+2 pin (6x cables)
  • Peripheral Connectors: 16x SATA (4x cables), 8x 4-pin Molex (2x cables)
  • ATX/EPS Cable Length: 610/650mm
  • Distance between SATA connectors: 115mm
  • Distance between 4-pin Molex connectors: 100mm
  • In-cable capacitors: No
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): 150 mm x 85 mm x 200 mm
  • Weight: 2.44 kg (5.38 lb)
  • Warranty: 10 years

A full review of the Beast here. https://hwbusters.com/psus/corsair-hx1500i-review/

Personally I would opt for buying a USA plug and simply remove the UK plug and replace it. the power cable you have with the UK model will be perfectly fine and no worries at all.

5 minutes ago, Jatlon said:

to have a U.K. to the power supply <  & have the U.S. part that goes into the wall; that could be an easy solution agreed. https://www.cdw.com/product/startech.com-6ft-heavy-duty-14-awg-computer-power-cord-nema-5-15p-to-c19/3741882?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjryjBhD0ARIsAMLvnF8lcb1bx9LFNYcrSelTspi0Hvwf-IUCcOiq2EtGIllTUAhD7Gs3fKAaAvw7EALw_wcB&cm_ven=acquirgy&cm_cat=google&cm_pla=NA-NA-StarTech.com_CA&cm_ite=3741882&ef_id=Cj0KCQjwjryjBhD0ARIsAMLvnF8lcb1bx9LFNYcrSelTspi0Hvwf-IUCcOiq2EtGIllTUAhD7Gs3fKAaAvw7EALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!4223!3!198550684941!!!g!301425129349! guessing this is the item that could be a better fix; from the power port to the supply & the difference from amount of wattage it's going to pull < down stepping the volts seems the safer route & re-checked the plug to power supply is exact in cable link provided

That's the correct cable you need.

The power supply handles 100-250V input. The HX1500i they sell in America is exactly the same as the HX1500i they sell in UK & elsewhere. The only difference is the cable they put in the box for the different regions.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

That's the correct cable you need.

The power supply handles 100-250V input. The HX1500i they sell in America is exactly the same as the HX1500i they sell in UK & elsewhere. The only difference is the cable they put in the box for the different regions.

very nice, yeah ok puzzle condensed << just wondering at this point & totally see what everyone is specifying here < not so much a complication like previously wanted to know more about. Basically at this point just need to know startech < or the off brand with the 2 links sent & set <<<  awesome & thanks again. Just didn't want to take any chances, however totally seeing what you all are talking about & it's not quite like thought/power supply the same just plug difference/wow & wouldn't have guessed it was like that. Just what should buy out the 2 power cords & this topic is resolved; thinking startech & probably going for it any way; but maybe it doesn't matter & why not save that bit more.

3 minutes ago, Jatlon said:

Just what should buy out the 2 power cords & this topic is resolved; thinking startech & probably going for it any way; but maybe it doesn't matter & why not save that bit more.

From what I can see both of the cables you linked to have the same specifications listed. 14AWG wire with 15A current rating. Either should be fine.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

From what I can see both of the cables you linked to have the same specifications listed. 14AWG wire with 15A current rating. Either should be fine.

most likely going with the startech as merely to be on the safe side [that only meaning knowing the brand < & more than likely a bit more quality]

smart power technology/to generically put it, atx 3.0 & should power everything just fine based on it adjusts to the wall outlet amperage/wattage limit/peaks?          suppose final question, but mostly to take the rest of the edge off with what's left as a question at this point.

Very good information, however I do feel that I could've figured this out, however only pc atm/always have worked with a primary, as much as costs couldn't or rather didn't need a 2nd pc/for most this would make since in other cases computer build enthusiasts as you could say would refer to as perhaps limited to just one pc/no doubt on that though; however this is the officially only concern I have had with upgrading through the computer generations.

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/0116064482164d9e8d7674135dd5d440?ref=dp_vse_ibvc0  let's just say for final comment on this topic & the solution; more information than expected/both topic & the cable; seems to have the extra certainty for me & found & purchased on amazon for just under $25/includes the tax also

1 hour ago, Jatlon said:

most likely going with the startech as merely to be on the safe side [that only meaning knowing the brand < & more than likely a bit more quality]

smart power technology/to generically put it, atx 3.0 & should power everything just fine based on it adjusts to the wall outlet amperage/wattage limit/peaks?          suppose final question, but mostly to take the rest of the edge off with what's left as a question at this point.

Very good information, however I do feel that I could've figured this out, however only pc atm/always have worked with a primary, as much as costs couldn't or rather didn't need a 2nd pc/for most this would make since in other cases computer build enthusiasts as you could say would refer to as perhaps limited to just one pc/no doubt on that though; however this is the officially only concern I have had with upgrading through the computer generations.

Will answer my last question, corsair power tech/power supplys have come along way since the "early" tech error days. Power supply adjusts to wall amp/watt first turn on test/most cases 1 time on/tests/only one time required & consistent [other than brand & amount spent < effeciency

Personally Tested Cheaper Corsair VS450 on 90VAC to 230VAC...No issues in both voltage... The only issue you may see is.  If an event of power failure.  PSU's Holdup time may be not enough to keep system alive during UPS change over time... It does happens in some good units too.. so may be... I mean may be you'll face some issues.. although 90% Sure. It will serve you just fine