Is my GPU sagging?

Ky2
  1. I honestly cant tell., I bought a cheap 10 dollar support ''bracket'' to hold it up on amazon. Do yall think it fixed it? 

20230523_105707.jpg

5 minutes ago, Ky2 said:
  1. I honestly cant tell., I bought a cheap 10 dollar support ''bracket'' to hold it up on amazon. Do yall think it fixed it? 

20230523_105707.jpg

Looks fine to me,  some GPU sag is not dangerous.

I think it’s fine either way. I use a support bracket in my case and it’s fine. It’s not going to improve anything but appearance. It helps remove strain from the card and motherboard port. It’s nothing measurable though. 

4 minutes ago, johnt said:

I think it’s fine either way. I use a support bracket in my case and it’s fine. It’s not going to improve anything but appearance. It helps remove strain from the card and motherboard port. It’s nothing measurable though. 

I've read that a lot of sag can eventually cause the vram to come loose from the solder. That's why I was wondering. 

21 minutes ago, Ky2 said:

Looks straight 🙂

You can even make one yourself with McDo straws, bottle corks, matches, Legos, whatever 😛 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Another way to address sag is to 'shim' or fill the gap where the I/O plate tab slots into the case.  Case slots are oversized to accommodate variances and make sure no 'tab' could ever be too big to fit...usually meaning there's some play in there.  It's definitely not as effective as a bracket or stand on the other end of the card (as the card still has that torsional weight loading), but it is another contact point that can be better secured.  Personally I use both, then there's no stress on either end of the PCIe connector.  image.png.6c44092e494cb578577747c77c77619a.png

36 minutes ago, Ky2 said:

I've read that a lot of sag can eventually cause the vram to come loose from the solder. That's why I was wondering. 

Never heard of that in my 20+ years of building PC's 😄  Nothing to worry about mate.  You'd need a heck ton of sag ( basically putting manual pressure / weights on the GPU ) for it to be a problem.

5 hours ago, Ky2 said:

can eventually cause the vram to come loose from the solder

Got a source to that? Id love to laugh at the comedy of it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.