AMD rumored to slash rx 7600 prices ahead of launch - Confirmed according to the reporting

DeerDK

Edit: Pricing now officially confirmed, according to Videocardz

Summary

According to Videocardz, AMD is reducing rx 7600 pricing to 269 USD shortly ahead of the lauch.

Quotes

The company has now provided a new MSRP for its upcoming Radeon RX 7600 graphics cards. This is information was shared with the press and influencers yesterday, and we have confirmed it with several of them. Instead of what was originally communicated as $299 price, AMD has now settled on $269 and from what we quickly learned, for European gamers this means €299.

My thoughts

Given the scorching reviews the 4060ti recieved, its good that AMD read the writing on the wall, although it could also be a counter to the announced price of the RTX 4060.

The big question is, wheter this is enough. People seem pretty jaded at this point and with the whole 8gb discussion, it is hard to say if the price is low enough for people to bite.

I will personally probably wait for something with more vram myself, unless its performance blows its competition out of the water in terms of price to performance.

Sources

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-7600-to-launch-with-269-e299-msrp

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-announces-269-radeon-rx-7600-rdna3-graphics-card

Edited by DeerDK
Updated with confirmation of pricing

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Was the $299 price ever previously confirmed by AMD or was that figure based on rumours?

If AMD is responding to the 4060ti 8gb launch and 4060 price announcement by dropping the price of their card before they even launch it then that does not sound good for the 7600. With how bad value the 4060ti 8gb is if the 7600 was halfway decent AMD could have increased the price and remained competitive. If they're dropping the price then AMD must be expecting it will perform worse than the 4060. 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

My memory is pricing on new cards is up in the air sometimes minutes before launch.  It will be what it will be.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Was the $299 price ever previously confirmed by AMD or was that figure based on rumours?

If AMD is responding to the 4060ti 8gb launch and 4060 price announcement by dropping the price of their card before they even launch it then that does not sound good for the 7600. With how bad value the 4060ti 8gb is if the 7600 was halfway decent AMD could have increased the price and remained competitive. If they're dropping the price then AMD must be expecting it will perform worse than the 4060. 

Leakers like MLID talked about the 299 price as something that was sent out to partners but with a big fat asterisk for possible changes, although they really didn't want to. 

I'm not sure if they expect it to perform worse. They should know by now that they need the price advance in order to compete with Nvidia's features and mindshare, so it may just be a realistic price in order to actually sell anything, and not get beaten up in reviews 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My memory is pricing on new cards is up in the air sometimes minutes before launch.  It will be what it will be.

True, I'm still excited if they actually go for undercutting Nvidia on the price, though. They need it, and if they can reignite a price based competition for GPUs in general, it may be good news for the consumers. But you are absolutely right, it is what it is and becomes what it becomes. 

6 minutes ago, DeerDK said:

True, I'm still excited if they actually go for undercutting Nvidia on the price, though. They need it, and if they can reignite a price based competition for GPUs in general, it may be good news for the consumers. But you are absolutely right, it is what it is and becomes what it becomes. 

It would be cool if there was a current gen card actually worth buying. (Besides the intel stuff)  The current trend seems to be “how crappy and high priced can we make something that people will buy because they have no choice?” And the answer seems to be “not that crappy or high priced” breaking that trend would be welcome.  The only not crappy cards out so far have been unacceptably over priced.  As far as I am concerned the 40 and 7 series haven’t happened yet.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

It would be cool if there was a current gen card actually worth buying. (Besides the intel stuff) 

Definetly, so far the new releases just seem like good publicity for the rx 6000 series.

Im also paying attention to Battlemage. But im not really in the mood to wait for it to drop, unless everything this year is a dumpster fire.

Intel is definitely benefitting from the poor choices by the other two.

For 299eur it has to be better than RX 6650 XT as that one is usually around 270eur.

Just now, WereCat said:

For 299eur it has to be better than RX 6650 XT as that one is usually around 270eur.

totally agreed. Right now I can get a Sapphire pulse rx 6650 xt for 2400 dkk. So it need to perform better than that. If it just outperforms a little, for the same price its going to be very meh. If it can perfom like a 6700 (xt or non-xt) for a lower wattage, it may be enough for me

AMD rumored to slash 7600 prices

image.png.7c2c8c4430ebb6d14639169743c2b2f1.png

6 hours ago, DeerDK said:

rx 7600

image.png.21972122616e2e1a4b80d9ca40deb3bb.png

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

9 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

image.png.7c2c8c4430ebb6d14639169743c2b2f1.png

image.png.21972122616e2e1a4b80d9ca40deb3bb.png

lol, sorry

6 hours ago, DeerDK said:

Leakers like MLID talked about the 299 price as something that was sent out to partners but with a big fat asterisk for possible changes, although they really didn't want to. 

I'm not sure if they expect it to perform worse. They should know by now that they need the price advance in order to compete with Nvidia's features and mindshare, so it may just be a realistic price in order to actually sell anything, and not get beaten up in reviews 

The $299 price rumour was just based on what MLID said?

So the options are:

A) MLID's rumours were correct. It was $299. AMD worried the RX 7600 wouldn't be able to compete against the RTX 4060 on performance or features and reduced the price to remain competitive.

B) MLID's rumours were correct. It was $299. AMD is about to drop an absolute banger of a mid range graphics card. They dropped the price because they're the good guy.

C) MLID made up the $299 price and was wrong. Now that the actual price has been released he's been exposed as being wrong again but instead of admitting he made it up he's going to come out claiming that they changed the price and that option A or B is true.

D) It really is $299 and the latest rumour saying it's $269 is wrong. 

🤷‍♂️ None of them are particularly great options and it's not like we'd ever really know the truth. This is why I pretty much ignore all rumours and "leaks". If you want to believe that AMD desperately changed the price just before release, cool. If you want to believe that MLID and other "leakers" are full of shit, cool.

Changing the MSRP the day before launch, while not unheard of, is pretty bad for the board partners if they were planning on getting a certain margin and then the MSRP gets slashed by $30. Either they have to keep their higher prices and look like the bad guy charging more than MSRP or they cut their prices and potentially take a loss. Uncertainties like that is why EVGA left the GPU market.

Edit: The reviews just dropped for the 7600, and other sources including LTT are confirming that the price did in fact drop just before launch.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The $299 price rumour was just based on what MLID said?

So the options are:

A) MLID's rumours were correct. It was $299. AMD worried the RX 7600 wouldn't be able to compete against the RTX 4060 on performance or features and reduced the price to remain competitive.

B) MLID's rumours were correct. It was $299. AMD is about to drop an absolute banger of a mid range graphics card. They dropped the price because they're the good guy.

C) MLID made up the $299 price and was wrong. Now that the actual price has been released he's been exposed as being wrong again but instead of admitting he made it up he's going to come out claiming that they changed the price and that option A or B is true.

D) It really is $299 and the latest rumour saying it's $269 is wrong. 

🤷‍♂️ None of them are particularly great options and it's not like we'd ever really know the truth. This is why I pretty much ignore all rumours and "leaks". If you want to believe that AMD desperately changed the price just before release, cool. If you want to believe that MLID and other "leakers" are full of shit, cool.

Changing the MSRP the day before launch, while not unheard of, is pretty bad for the board partners if they were planning on getting a certain margin and then the MSRP gets slashed by $30. Either they have to keep their higher prices and look like the bad guy charging more than MSRP or they cut their prices and potentially take a loss. Uncertainties like that is why EVGA left the GPU market.

Edit: The reviews just dropped for the 7600, and other sources including LTT are confirming that the price did in fact drop just before launch.

Jup, that was the general rumble from the rumor mill. 

HUB also said it outright in their review. 

Also D implies you didn't see that I updated title and original post with confirmation from videocardz.com on the price reduction 🙂

Tech Jesus also saying there was a price drop notification from AMD while he was on a plane to Taiwan for computex lol

Lmao, saw the price difference many hours ago when trying to compare. Just out of the blue new news. Damn though they had more than the mess they brought

but it seems like the 7600 is more of an "1080p" card, even if the Vram could maybe be in a better situation.

If there is an 7600XT like version with more Vram 12-16? and between the 3060ti and 6700xt for just 320-370 dollars as a gen to upgrade to?

(but I guess should expect better price to performance than that)

as 4060ti 399, to 6700xt 479 launch price

Edited by Quackers101

Used 30/600 series FTW.  Again….  Looks like if I replace my card it’s going to be with intel.

20 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Used 30/600 series FTW.  Again….  Looks like if I replace my card it’s going to be with intel.

Yeah I'm not going to replace my 3060 right now either. Still hoping for something in the upcoming months 

From where?  I’d look at a bigger used 30/6x00 series or maybe intel depending on how their new card turns out.  I expecte AMD and Nvidia to attack intel not hurt themselves to make space for it.

This product is dead in the water even at $269.

As long as you can get 6700xt's, cards that rival the RTX 3070ti in raster, @$369 and below in the US there is absolutely no reason for any sane consumer to buy a 7600. 

oh yeah as GN stated, the blasted higher consumption of the card and hotspot issues. can be a little concerning and when its not stated on their page... So hope it doesnt get burned out more often.
Then you have not much for the 1440p scene.

Edited by Quackers101

6 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

oh yeah as GN stated, the blasted higher consumption of the card and hotspot issues. can be a little concerning and when its not stated on their page... So hope it doesnt get burned out more often.
Then you have not much for the 1440p scene.

I avoid the 1440p scene myself.  It’s just a less flexible size than 4k or 1080p. I get it’s where GPUs were for a while, but I’ve never owned a 1440p.  I went straight from 1080p to 4k.  Partially because if I have to go back to 1080p with 4k I can.

@DeerDK

The title is misleading. RX7600 != 7600

I know AMD is to blame as well, but you could add some indicator that you are talking about the upcoming GPU, not the CPU.

The rest of the line to still come though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

30 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

@DeerDK

The title is misleading. RX7600 != 7600

I know AMD is to blame as well, but you could add some indicator that you are talking about the upcoming GPU, not the CPU.

Point. I'll fix it when I'm at my pc.