3070ti Gigabyte GAMING OC Fan curve questions.

Akumatie

I am currently doing my GPU fan curves...
Do you think these are good fan curves when I'm idle I don't want my GPU fans running and when I'm gaming I want them on...
On some light games the GPU fans keep on turning off and on as it's at 50 degrees.
I'm not sure what I should put the update fan timer at, it's currently 15000ms, I just don't want the GPU to keep on rapidly change speeds and I don't want a really high timer in-case my GPU spikes to 90 degrees.
I normally idle between 25-35 degrees, and when gaming it's at 55-75 depending on the game.           I just have my other case fans at a constant speed as they're quiet, just my GPU what is loud...
Any suggestions to edit it to make it work better would be appreciated : )           

Screenshot 2023-05-20 233602.png

13 minutes ago, Akumatie said:

I am currently doing my GPU fan curves...
Do you think these are good fan curves when I'm idle I don't want my GPU fans running and when I'm gaming I want them on...
On some light games the GPU fans keep on turning off and on as it's at 50 degrees.
I'm not sure what I should put the update fan timer at, it's currently 15000ms, I just don't want the GPU to keep on rapidly change speeds and I don't want a really high timer in-case my GPU spikes to 90 degrees.
I normally idle between 25-35 degrees, and when gaming it's at 55-75 depending on the game.           I just have my other case fans at a constant speed as they're quiet, just my GPU what is loud...
Any suggestions to edit it to make it work better would be appreciated : )           

Screenshot 2023-05-20 233602.png

Does it bother you that the fans start and stop a few times while playing lighter titles?   That curve is extremely sharp though, you dont need 65% fanspeed at 50c, thats alot of noise.

3 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Does it bother you that the fans start and stop a few times while playing lighter titles?   That curve is extremely sharp though, you dont need 65% fanspeed at 50c, thats alot of noise.

It mainly just keeps on changing playing smaller titles what don't need much GPU power. It's a little annoying as you just hear the fans start and stop over and over again.

6 minutes ago, Akumatie said:

It mainly just keeps on changing playing smaller titles what don't need much GPU power. It's a little annoying as you just hear the fans start and stop over and over again.

You could try something like this instead.  Remember to check the: Override zero fan speed with hardware curve, otherwise it won't go to zero fan speed mode on custom curve.
image.png.25fffd2e309c5db916c0a12231bfac6c.png

4 minutes ago, Akumatie said:

What’s the range of temperatures for the ‘smaller titles’? It can’t be 55-75 because you’re saying the fans ramp up & down, so it must drop below 50. & that means fans are going from 30% (looks like 30%PWM is your min?) to 65%, so of course it’s going to be annoying.

Work out what that range of temps are, then you can do two things: push your sharp “curve” to the left so it includes the lowest temp during smaller titles therefore keeping your fans at a constant 65% during those games ——>Not ideal imo.

OR

Create a more balanced/gradual curve so that there’s less difference in RPM during gaming temps. Work out what minimum fan speed you can tolerate during idle (I can’t hear my fans when spinning at ~540 RPM for eg, so I leave them at that) & make that your baseline, either flat or gradual incline until about 60°, then sharpen the incline to cope with higher temps.

Here’s mine for reference…

image.thumb.jpeg.ffdfff442dc2c73c73238dfc4531d62e.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

You could try something like this instead.  Remember to check the: Override zero fan speed with hardware curve, otherwise it won't go to zero fan speed mode on custom curve.
image.png.25fffd2e309c5db916c0a12231bfac6c.png

I have changed the curve quite a bit now tested in game for a couple minutes and seems to be better, this gpu just gets really hot under a 60% speed, 50% is silent, 60% you can somewhat hear it, 65% you can hear it above my case fans... 

Screenshot 2023-05-21 002927.png

10 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

What’s the range of temperatures for the ‘smaller titles’? It can’t be 55-75 because you’re saying the fans ramp up & down, so it must drop below 50. & that means fans are going from 30% (looks like 30%PWM is your min?) to 65%, so of course it’s going to be annoying.

Work out what that range of temps are, then you can do two things: push your sharp “curve” to the left so it includes the lowest temp during smaller titles therefore keeping your fans at a constant 65% during those games ——>Not ideal imo.

OR

Create a more balanced/gradual curve so that there’s less difference in RPM during gaming temps. Work out what minimum fan speed you can tolerate during idle (I can’t hear my fans when spinning at ~540 RPM for eg, so I leave them at that) & make that your baseline, either flat or gradual incline until about 60°, then sharpen the incline to cope with higher temps.

Here’s mine for reference…

image.thumb.jpeg.ffdfff442dc2c73c73238dfc4531d62e.jpeg

In smaller titles it getting around 50 degrees and in larger games like rdr2 and metro it gets around 70 degrees, I have changed the curve if you can find the comment above this one ^ 

2 hours ago, Akumatie said:

Any suggestions to edit it to make it work better would be appreciated

I love fixed fans under standard load but not this much. This is my personal curve in Adrenalin, similar curves were used on my 1660Ti.

image.thumb.png.cba8205a91341283bd5cec9c599ad8cf.png

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

Override zero fan speed with hardware curve, otherwise it won't go to zero fan speed mode on custom curve.

im not sure what that setting is supposed to do, but thats not true, i always have this off and my custom fan curve works just fine with zero rpm mode. its actually a seperate setting that needs to be on in afterburner (a little sign that says "fan speed auto")

20230521_025910.thumb.png.97d547e9a66280cc88f5f521984a4bef.png

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Akumatie said:

In smaller titles it getting around 50 degrees and in larger games like rdr2 and metro it gets around 70 degrees, I have changed the curve if you can find the comment above this one ^ 

Just to confirm is your fan speed between 0 & 40° at 0 or 30%? If it’s 0, then your temps will take longer to cool down as you’re behind the 8 ball with fans needing to ramp up from 0% to above 30%. Noise will also be more noticeable.

If 50% is silent, then why not set them to 30-40% flatline before the incline?

Also, what speeds are your case fans running at? Are they too slow at intaking cool air for your GPU to utilise? What’s your case & does it have good airflow?

GPU temps of 75-85° is ok btw. Even 90°. Hot spot (Junction temp) will be higher than this, so keep an eye on that too.

here it is! The GOAT (trust me bro...) fan curve : )

20230521_073151.thumb.jpg.11b71df523619055181c0c06f049c526.jpg

2 hours ago, Ralfi said:

GPU temps of 75-85° is ok btw.

My  gpu is like 50-57c mostly (sure stress testing or some RT games it can be 70... max...)

Thing is that is not OK, thanks to Nvidia "boost" the cards start downclocking very early, at around 50c in fact

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity