Weird XMP/DOCP Graphics Driver Issue just started

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($127.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($209.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($64.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($67.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Green 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($38.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($38.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING 8G Radeon RX 590 8 GB Video Card  ($487.04 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.78 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($24.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1445.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-05-10 17:29 EDT-0400

On Jan 26 2023, I upgraded my computer to a new Motherboard and CPU as shown above, but with 16GB of 3200 RAM. Everything was good. On March 30th 2023 I upgraded the RAM to 32GB 3200 as shown above.

On May 9th 2023 the computer crashed, it was the first real blue screen. I rebooted and everything was fine, then I ran AIDA64 and the stress test said "Hardware failure detected." I've never seen that before. I rebooted and tried AIDA again, but this time the PC froze before the stress test could load. I rebooted, on reboot I tried to load AMD Adrenalin and I got the "windows replaced driver error." I used DDU and reinstalled the driver, rebooted, AIDA crashed again. Rebooted, no Graphics drivers again. Repeated the process, this time I turned XMP or DOCP as ASUS calles it off. Re-installed the drivers and tested, everything fine. All other BIOS/UEFI options are default

I thought it might be the Recent AMD GPU Drivers so I rolled back to the last known good one for me. Turned XMP back on, same issues with AIDA crashes. Turned XMP off no issues.

TLDR: XMP makes GPU drivers crash when on, after months of non issues. All other BIOS/UEFI options are default

Puzzling indeed.  Looks like there was some exploration into (what appears to be) the same issue this past December.  https://linustechtips.com/topic/1471734-xmp-causing-gpu-driver-crash/

It doesn't look like there was any confirmed solution, but it might give you some ideas.  Testing the memory controller seems to be a good target (link mentions using Y Cruncher VST for that test, no experience personally).  Looks like the thread ended with a bios update, but no update to the issue after.
[No clue how/what changed between march 30th and may 9th to result in the 'extra memory load', but it would seem to make some theoretical sense if things were right on the edge of stable and now the XMP is asking too much of the memory controller.]

18 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

Follow the instructions in the BSOD posting instructions thread if you have any dump files. 

No BSOD just a total lock up, and on reboot graphics driver fails until reinstalled and the circle continues. 

18 hours ago, JLssg4 said:

Puzzling indeed.  Looks like there was some exploration into (what appears to be) the same issue this past December.  https://linustechtips.com/topic/1471734-xmp-causing-gpu-driver-crash/

It doesn't look like there was any confirmed solution, but it might give you some ideas.  Testing the memory controller seems to be a good target (link mentions using Y Cruncher VST for that test, no experience personally).  Looks like the thread ended with a bios update, but no update to the issue after.
[No clue how/what changed between march 30th and may 9th to result in the 'extra memory load', but it would seem to make some theoretical sense if things were right on the edge of stable and now the XMP is asking too much of the memory controller.]

The only thing that changed recently was: 2023-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5026372).  I haven't tried removing it  yey, but will be next when I have time.  Is there any real performance loss from running the RAM at 2133 Mhz instead of the rated 3200 Mhz?

1 hour ago, djdoubt03 said:

No BSOD just a total lock up, and on reboot graphics driver fails until reinstalled and the circle continues. 

You said you had a BSOD on may 9th. 

7 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

You said you had a BSOD on may 9th. 

That was the only one. Everything else since has been a freeze. 

12 minutes ago, djdoubt03 said:

That was the only one. Everything else since has been a freeze. 

And no dump file from that crash? 

9 hours ago, Bjoolz said:

This just looks like a normal RAM issue in the dump file. So no idea why the other stuff is happening. 

Right, that's what I can't figure out.  I've turned XMP off and I seem to be stable again.  No idea