no usb header on mobo but have usb 3.2 ports on case

image.thumb.jpeg.5ef1d635b13348e5d2c7e5e08ef074f4.jpeg

the picture is what my pc currently looks like. as you may see, i have no usb headers, nonetheless usb 3.2 headers. my mobo is a bad OEM board (look up acer N50-600 motherboard). the little stick out bit on the right has a usb 3.2 port. im hoping to connect the usb 3.2 header from the front of my case to the usb 3.2 port on my motherboard, do any of you know where i could get something like that? my usb 3.2 ports on the back of the motherboard dont seem to work will for vr and i have no idea why so i want to try this. i cant give the name of the case since it was a gift and its from an unnamed brand.

I really can't see the board in detail with that picture, though going by a online spec sheet it looks like there is a USB port on that extended bit. Though for some reason your mobo has a white piece of plastic covering over it. There doesn't seem to be a lot of good information on that mobo, I can't tell what sort of USB port is on that extended end. Not sure what version of the Acer prebuilt you got the motherboard from but I think at most that mobo as USB 3.1 from what I can find online, the version I saw had a usb-c port on the back as well which should work fine for your VR needs.

I looked a bit for some USB 3.0 port connectors that can accept front IO usb 3.0 connections but I didn't find any compatible cables for your case here.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

There's a 1x slot on the board, you likely can can an expansion card that will give you 3.0 headers. The original case had the Xtreme gamer red and black super clean no ports look with a Qi charger on top, so front I/O was not intended on that board.

1 hour ago, Fred Castellum said:

I really can't see the board in detail with that picture, though going by a online spec sheet it looks like there is a USB port on that extended bit. Though for some reason your mobo has a white piece of plastic covering over it. There doesn't seem to be a lot of good information on that mobo, I can't tell what sort of USB port is on that extended end. Not sure what version of the Acer prebuilt you got the motherboard from but I think at most that mobo as USB 3.1 from what I can find online, the version I saw had a usb-c port on the back as well which should work fine for your VR needs.

I looked a bit for some USB 3.0 port connectors that can accept front IO usb 3.0 connections but I didn't find any compatible cables for your case here.

The only usb-c port I have on my pc is on that extended bit, sadly. I also don’t have any long enough usb-c to usb-c cords for vr. This image is probably the best one i could find that shows the headers and whatnot on the board 

DFD4305C-0032-4777-8619-B9E9467C6DA9.jpeg

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

There's a 1x slot on the board, you likely can can an expansion card that will give you 3.0 headers. The original case had the Xtreme gamer red and black super clean no ports look with a Qi charger on top, so front I/O was not intended on that board.

My version of the motherboard doesn’t seem to have (if at all) an accessible pci-e x1 slot on it. You can view one of my other replies to see a good enough layout of my motherboard

13 hours ago, skelybrine said:

The only usb-c port I have on my pc is on that extended bit, sadly. I also don’t have any long enough usb-c to usb-c cords for vr. This image is probably the best one i could find that shows the headers and whatnot on the board 

DFD4305C-0032-4777-8619-B9E9467C6DA9.jpeg

I see, so you should just plug in the front panel usb 3.2 cable into the mobo front panel ports on the mobo there. The ports on the motherboard are front panel connector ports so they should be compatible. If it doesn't work, give me pictures of the motherboard front pane usb 3.2 ports and what your front panel port on the case looks like along with the front panel connector cable. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

21 hours ago, Fred Castellum said:

I see, so you should just plug in the front panel usb 3.2 cable into the mobo front panel ports on the mobo there. The ports on the motherboard are front panel connector ports so they should be compatible. If it doesn't work, give me pictures of the motherboard front pane usb 3.2 ports and what your front panel port on the case looks like along with the front panel connector cable. 

11 is just the port, that little stick out bit is the front io of the original case. I cant connect the front usb 3.2 cord to it.

edit for clarification: when I said port I mean the female usb-a connector, not the header

On 5/4/2023 at 10:50 PM, skelybrine said:

11 is just the port, that little stick out bit is the front io of the original case. I cant connect the front usb 3.2 cord to it.

edit for clarification: when I said port I mean the female usb-a connector, not the header

I know, I need to see what type of header cable your front panel usb connector uses. If your case front panel usb port is actually a usb 3.2 port then it should connect to the motherboard port just fine. If no you have to buy a adapter. 

3 minutes ago, Fred Castellum said:

I know, I need to see what type of header cable your front panel usb connector uses. If your case front panel usb port is actually a usb 3.2 port then it should connect to the motherboard port just fine. If no you have to buy a adapter. 

That motherboard is one of the "Dell style" boards where the front panel is built into the motherboard and just sticks out of the front of the case.

B36h4-ad For Acer Nitro N50-600 N50-n93 Desktop Motherboard Lg1151 Ddr4  Mainboard 100%tested Fully Work - Laptop Motherboard - AliExpressFor Acer Nitro N50-600 N50-600-n78g B36h4-ad Motherboard Lga 1151 Ddr4  Motherboard 100% Test Ok Delivery - Laptop Motherboard - AliExpress

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 hour ago, IkeaGnome said:

That motherboard is one of the "Dell style" boards where the front panel is built into the motherboard and just sticks out of the front of the case.

B36h4-ad For Acer Nitro N50-600 N50-n93 Desktop Motherboard Lg1151 Ddr4  Mainboard 100%tested Fully Work - Laptop Motherboard - AliExpressFor Acer Nitro N50-600 N50-600-n78g B36h4-ad Motherboard Lga 1151 Ddr4  Motherboard 100% Test Ok Delivery - Laptop Motherboard - AliExpress

That's what I thought as well until he said header in a reply post. Hence why I kept asking for a picture of it. 

In this case he's gotta find a USB 3.2 motherboard male header to a type a or b cable. From a initial google search I didn't find any 3.2 variants. Might be shit outta luck.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could just buy a long USB 3.2 cable, plug it in and lead it out through the back of your case via one of the PCIE case covers.