Creating 20gb link beween 2 10gb switches

johno4566

i have a

aruba-logo-banner.gif
ArubaS2500-48P     and i   have a  USW-Aggregation unfi  8 port sfp+ 10  switch

how  would i go about creating  a 20b link  between to 2  switch     i ahve tryed a few  times   with not much luck  

all help would be  great if more infmation is needed  i will     give more

thanks

Setup a link agg (LAG) on both sides’ 10GB ports. If you don’t have 10GB ports on the switch I think you’ll be out of luck. 

Don't forget to @me / quote me for a reply =]

i do have 10gb SFP+    ports  on both switches

35 minutes ago, johno4566 said:

i do have 10gb SFP+    ports  on both switches

So if you configure a LAG on both sides with your two 10GB ports you’re good to go

Don't forget to @me / quote me for a reply =]

i have tryed to  do  but when i do i take  one of them offline  as they are differnt brnad  of switches   the setup  on each  stwitch is a bit  diffenrt i migh  doing some  thing  wrong

@johno4566 If I recall, in addition to creating the LAG, the individual ports may need specific configurations defined such as link speed/duplex/trunk/vlans/the associated LAG they are to belong to/etc...

Can you tell us specifically what steps you've already taken on each switch? and/or post the switch config log

Additionally, are you already bottlenecked by a 10g link? or is there a specific purpose you have for implementing a LAG

i have created  to  lag on each  twitdch using correct  ports      but when i seem to   do  i lost inteenet   in the unfi  switch and i have to reset it  to get woerking again  the  inteent  comes from  arbua   switch

but i  stuff  be   going something wrong  adn one ig i get  20gb link  btween    my backup server i wi;  creat  20 gb link    i am not bottleted necked by  10gb link i just want to future  worth as i ad  adding my  10 link  on  most  computerts on the network

the only thing is   when i created     lag on the arbua  swiutch i am not sure  if  weh i create the lag  if it  has to be  uplink  or  trunk   i cna  add pictures if  needed 

@johno4566 when creating the LAG, as for the aruba the ports would configured as trunk, I believe the steps in question require the creation of a bridge aggregation group, assignment of the ports to the group, defined as trunk, define which vlans can pass. There is documentation on HP's site for instruction specific setup of LAG  for aruba's CLI, and i'm sure for unifi too.

I can only guess, and I emphasis guess, that the internet is being dropped due to miss-match on the vlans or port type configured as access instead of trunk, both need to be defined.

I'm sorry I can't be more help, but without seeing how the config file for the switches is setup it's difficult to know what's going wrong. 

• 2 weeks later...

i added  screen shot of the sections i think   are needed  on the arbua switch

2023-07-09 20_42_02-Configuration — Mozilla Firefox.png

2023-07-09 20_43_09k-Configuration — Mozilla Firefox.png