HP thin client doesn't let me do anything

Samuelvde
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
4 minutes ago, Samuelvde said:

Well I believe I did, I used HP thinupdate to make the usb, I got prompted that it would wipe all data from the device. 

Yeah that is not a fresh install. You got an hp enterprise iso that is preconfigured by hp. So it's working exactly how hp customized it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Use the official microsoft one

Hi, I bought a HP T520 thin client yesterday.

Specs as far as I know are:

Cpu: AMD GX-212JC

It has a Samsung 4gb memory don't know the clock speed. 

32gb m.2 Sata ssd

It is a preowned device but it was cheap and I want to mess around with it. Whenever I buy a used device like that I always like to reinstall an OS just to have a fresh clean PC. It is currently running the latest supported Windows 10 enterprise, I reinstalled windows the problem I have is I didn't get the option to put in a password. It automatically created an administrator account and a user account, whenever I turn it on it automatically logs in to the user account but when I log out I'm asked for a password for either the administrator account or the user account (blank, root, admin, administrator all don't work). I am not allowed to install or create anything without the administrators permission. I also tried putting ubuntu on it as that would also serve my use for the machine but then my USB with the image(tried it as GPT and MBR) isn't recognized or just simply doesn't work. I assume the company that this machine belonged to did a great job at protecting it, but is there a way to bypass this? If not, can I buy a new SSD for it or is that not where the protection is located? Might be a stupid question but I don't know any better.

Did you make a OFFICIAL windows 10 bootable usb, wipe the ssd during installing AND then install windows or did you just reset windows?

3 minutes ago, Samuelvde said:

It automatically created an administrator account and a user account, whenever I turn it on it automatically logs in to the user account but when I log out I'm asked for a password for either the administrator account or the user account (blank, root, admin, administrator all don't work).

this sounds like whatever organization owned it still has it in their windows autopilot.

contact the organization or person you bought it from, they should know who to poke where.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Did you make a OFFICIAL windows 10 bootable usb, wipe the ssd during installing AND then install windows or did you just reset windows?

Well I believe I did, I used HP thinupdate to make the usb, I got prompted that it would wipe all data from the device. 

Yeah that is not a fresh install. You got an hp enterprise iso that is preconfigured by hp. So it's working exactly how hp customized it.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It's a thin client it runs on a arm processor it can't run normal windows 10 I believe. Only windows 10 enterprise 

3 minutes ago, Samuelvde said:

arm processor

You sure about that?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It's a thin client it runs on a arm processor it can't run normal windows 10 I believe. Only windows 10 enterprise 

The CPU is a x86 processor, not ARM in this case 🙂

Lol I was told it was, I'll try to boot normal windows on it then. 

26 minutes ago, Samuelvde said:

18 minutes ago, Samuelvde said:

That amd is x86

Thanks guys, it still had some issues but in the setup for windows 10 I could open diskpart and clean the disk and that resolved everything.