Most visually stunning games avilable

irishbeast

I recently bought an RTX 4080. Worked out cheap as I only had to sell one kidney and the other one is coping just fine!

Apart from my partners kids nobody I know is into gaming but a few people I mentioned it to were shocked at the price (which is shocking) but were curious to have a look and see how £1300 ($1600 USD) could be justified. So was going to show a few games that have amazing graphics whether the game itself is crap or not. In my current library I could show the follow

CP2077

Forza 5

Far Cry 6

Witcher III

Undisputed (Beta boxing game) which do look pretty sharp, especially for a beta

Have lots of other games like Fifa 23 but they don't have the wow factor. Far cry with texture pack and everything set to ultra looks incredible

Any other suggestions? Just a bit of fun really.

4 minutes ago, irishbeast said:

as I only had to sell one kidney

Please tell me this is a joke...

Also, check out:

1. Hell Let Loose
  2. SEUS PTGI Shaders for Minecraft
  3. Resident Evil 4
  4. The Last of Us Part 2
  5. Detroit Become Human (but remember that David Cage is an unbearable asshole with bad allegories)
  6. Battlefield 2042

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Crysis 3 and Watch_Dogs 2 looked really good, but your suggestions are great already.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

27 minutes ago, irishbeast said:

I recently bought an RTX 4080. Worked out cheap as I only had to sell one kidney and the other one is coping just fine!

Apart from my partners kids nobody I know is into gaming but a few people I mentioned it to were shocked at the price (which is shocking) but were curious to have a look and see how £1300 ($1600 USD) could be justified. So was going to show a few games that have amazing graphics whether the game itself is crap or not. In my current library I could show the follow

CP2077

Forza 5

Far Cry 6

Witcher III

Undisputed (Beta boxing game) which do look pretty sharp, especially for a beta

Have lots of other games like Fifa 23 but they don't have the wow factor. Far cry with texture pack and everything set to ultra looks incredible

Any other suggestions? Just a bit of fun really.

If you want really visually stunning games, look up Ride 4, Driveclub and Forza Motorsport 7 in wet weather. You will see what was done years before the current hot topic Unrecord.

Regular stunning one I can suggest:

Metro: Exodus

Kingdom Come Deliverance 

Battlefront 2 

Ride 4 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Cyberpunk 2077 with the new RT overdrive update is probably as good as it gets.

You'll need to use DLSS 3 though, as it'll run at 15 or 20 fps otherwise which wouldn't be very impressive to look at.

Othan than that:

A Plague Tale: Requiem

The Dark Pictures games (Man of Medan, Little Hope, Quarry)

Doom Eternal

Metro Exodus Enhanced

Portal RTX

Final Fantasy 15 is a great example of stunning world design.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Instead of going wow realism I'd actually go for wow that looks artistic af:

Dishonored 2

Abzu

Elden ring

and throw in some wow real lookin games like last of us and such

Ryse: Son of Rome - i can't believe this game is 10 years old (Used my ATi Radeon HD 6970 for the screenshot):

Ryse_2021_12_18_18_39_43_214.png.8661071

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

RE remake for 2, 3 and 4. 

There's also this one called Sword and Fairy 7. 
Photos of it looks really great. 

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Cyberpunk 2077 with the new RT overdrive update is probably as good as it gets.

It is so funny to me that Cyberpunk looks impressive visually and still gets the latest Nvidia features patched in etc. ....

... but the game is still just not fun to play :D.

I will say Red Dead Redemption 2 on Ultra settings still looks very good, even though it is a few years old. It may not have the latest Ray tracing etc., but the atmosphere and just general quality of the game make it look soooo good.

Also the newest Call of Duty (Modern Warfare 2?) the Amsterdam level looks insane.

1 minute ago, maartendc said:

It is so funny to me that Cyberpunk looks impressive visually and still gets the latest Nvidia features patched in etc. ....

I absolutely loved the game. Since i had a new PC it also ran pretty well on launch for me. But now 99% of the bugs were patched and it's genuinely a good game. Still nowhere near the full potential, but it's good. The gameplay is standard looter-shooter style but with stealth, crafting and hacking on top. And the story is great with really good writing.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann said:

I absolutely loved the game. Since i had a new PC it also ran pretty well on launch for me. But now 99% of the bugs were patched and it's genuinely a good game. Still nowhere near the full potential, but it's good. The gameplay is standard looter-shooter style but with stealth, crafting and hacking on top. And the story is great with really good writing.

I actually played it for hours and hours, right up to the last few missions. I never had a problem with any bugs, game ran fine for me. I just thought it was a very mediocre open world game. The main story was pretty enjoyable, but apart from that, the world just felt empty and lifeless to me. A far cry from The Witcher 3, which had so many interesting side quests around every corner.

14 minutes ago, maartendc said:

I actually played it for hours and hours, right up to the last few missions. I never had a problem with any bugs, game ran fine for me. I just thought it was a very mediocre open world game. The main story was pretty enjoyable, but apart from that, the world just felt empty and lifeless to me. A far cry from The Witcher 3, which had so many interesting side quests around every corner.

I agree that most of the gig-type side jobs from fixers were boring and repetitive. But the actual side quest lines that involved special characters were great. For example the missions of Judy, River, Panam, Johnny, Kerry, Peralez, Takemura etc.

2 hours ago, FrowningHippo said:

For real. Just download some of the insane texture packs for Minecraft. Or Mod Skyrim which is double the way to show them. Mods + Beautiful graphics.

This for sure, download them fancy 4k texture mods, tree, vegetation and terrain overhauls, and then install ENB on top of it all, it'll make even the RTX 4080 sweat, all without raytracing.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

Yeah, after experiencing Cyberpunk 2077 with the new Path Tracing feature all of a sudden ALL OF THE REST of the games look like 10+ years old console titles from 2 generations ago. If you can crank that thing and make it work it's just on a whole another level. But knowing that even a 4090 struggles to put out 30 FPS i'd say we are good 2-3 generations before it becomes a want to have feature. 

As for other titles - there aren't many games the stun visually out of the box. But mods though change all of that. Original Assetto Corsa with the UHD textures pack looks almost photorealistic, despite being a 9 year old game. Black Mesa - the original Half Life remake looks astonishing with HDR and UHD texture mods. Microsoft Flight Simulator can also be difficult to distinguish from reality with the right mods. And that's the narrative. Most games the will impress you are already close to 10 year old games, which the community decided to get to the level they were supposed to be. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

10 hours ago, PriitM said:

If you want really visually stunning games, look up Ride 4, Driveclub and Forza Motorsport 7 in wet weather. You will see what was done years before the current hot topic Unrecord.

Regular stunning one I can suggest:

Metro: Exodus

Thanks -  Only ever played the forza horizon series so good shout.

Some of the people wiil have seen a ps5 xbox and and been stunned by it (the consoles are great considering how 'cheap' they are in comparison.##When my gf saw the sweat pours on an up front face pic on Cp2077 she was pretty stunned. I showed the same on the ps5 and whilst still impressive there was a definite difference

Should have mentioedn myt display device

Using a Samsung 50 inch OLED, 120hz HDR ready display. So a very sharp screen

10 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Please tell me this is a joke...

Also, check out:

1. Hell Let Loose
  2. SEUS PTGI Shaders for Minecraft
  3. Resident Evil 4
  4. The Last of Us Part 2
  5. Detroit Become Human (but remember that David Cage is an unbearable asshole with bad allegories)
  6. Battlefield 2042

How else would I raise that money 🙂 A joke of course! No card is worth that money but I treated myself as I have a credit card thats interest free for next 9 months!

Great suggestions. Saw Resident evil clips and looks unreal. Shame Im not a fan of horror style games!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have read them all but didn't expect so many helpful responses 🙂

Skyrim was one I have been thinking about as its a decent game apparently as well

When did the Cp2077 patch get released? i've not played it properly yet as when I played it on launch it annoyed the hell out of me but I was told recently about the imminent patch that was mentioned. 

7 hours ago, maartendc said:

Very true! I'm not going to pay for a rubbish game just to showcase my over priced card. Would be nice if if I enjoyed the game. 

Shame there's no demos for most of them. 

In fairness to CP2077 I have not played it properly since launch when the amount of bugs just drove me insane