cant install windows 11 pro or update mb

ImJaybird
3 minutes ago, ImJaybird said:

is this necessary from what wizard said?

Provided he did not have a TPM on the motherboard, I was just providing him with a place where he could get one.  What's wrong with that?  Or did I upset your parade some how?  I would rather he have the information and not need it than to need the information and not have it.

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

Provided he did not have a TPM on the motherboard, I was just providing him with a place where he could get one.  What's wrong with that?  Or did I upset your parade some how?  I would rather he have the information and not need it than to need the information and not have it.

are you talking to me?

14 minutes ago, ImJaybird said:

well it seems i dont have tpm which is what i need

You don't need a descrete TPM to run Windows 11. Just find the fTPM setting in the UEFI and enable that. Its not enabled by default on B550. Its usually under CPU/advanced settings.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Just now, Agall said:

You don't need a descrete TPM to run Windows 11. Just find the fTPM setting in the UEFI and enable that. Its not enabled by default on B550. Its usually under CPU/advanced settings.

its enabled, i guess it was on this mobo

1 minute ago, ImJaybird said:

are you talking to me?

Sorry, no.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Sorry, no.

i was the one that said that lol

1 minute ago, ImJaybird said:

i was the one that said that lol

Sorry, must not be my day to try and help.  I'll quit.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Sorry, must not be my day to try and help.  I'll quit.

youre fine, that comment had no malicious intent. what i said had no sarcasm, i didnt know tpm was a thing

2 minutes ago, ImJaybird said:

youre fine, that comment had no malicious intent. what i said had no sarcasm, i didnt know tpm was a thing

I understand the problems knowing and understanding the situation concerning the TPM.  I have an Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming motherboard and went thru the confusion process concerning trying to install Windows 11.  Must have taken me a week to figure it out.

Good Luck with your board and installing Win11.

Just now, kb5zue said:

I understand the problems knowing and understanding the situation concerning the TPM.  I have an Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming motherboard and went thru the confusion process concerning trying to install Windows 11.  Must have taken me a week to figure it out.

Good Luck with your board and installing Win11.

E05D2CFF-022E-4084-A4B3-13C49C4F7891.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Agall said:

387C0B0B-17A9-40E0-A425-A84F87ECDF3F.jpeg

26 minutes ago, ImJaybird said:

387C0B0B-17A9-40E0-A425-A84F87ECDF3F.jpeg

That's the right setting, that should let you install Win11 now. Sometimes CSM mode can be a problem too but that's usually the single limiter to Win11 on B550 and older systems. AM5 chipsets come with it enabled by default for this reason, sometimes you'll find B550 boards with the newest UEFI versions with it enabled so that its 'Windows 11 ready'.

If it still doesn't work after that, we'll have to go deeper...

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

46 minutes ago, ImJaybird said:

ED9A0819-2F63-4FF7-A7BF-D1B3660711D0.jpeg

You can run the MS app that checks W11 compatibility maybe it'll tell you what's not compatible

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Secure Boot also has to be enabled which you can do through BIOS if it is not already enabled (most MoBo come with enabled in my experience but you need to check).

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

8 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

You can run the MS app that checks W11 compatibility maybe it'll tell you what's not compatible

He does not have an OS installed.  Best thing to do right now is get the Microsoft ISO for Windows 10 and install it.  You don't need to activate it but you can then run the MS App which will tell you the exact reason Windows 11 can't be installed.  You can fix that problem and the upgrade to Windows 11 for which you have the product key.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10