will a gtx 1650 support my motherboard ?!?!?!?(reply asap)

Jimmyfr

Any recent GPU runs on any recent motherboard. They all use PCIe and PCIe is backwards compatible (e.g. PCIe 4.0 GPU runs on PCIe 3.0 motherboard and vice versa)

The card uses PCIe 3.0. The bigger issue with pre-builts is usually the power supply which may be too weak or have proprietary connectors.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Any recent GPU runs on any recent motherboard. They all use PCIe and PCIe is backwards compatible (e.g. PCIe 4.0 GPU runs on PCIe 3.0 motherboard and vice versa)

Yup

The card uses PCIe 3.0. The bigger issue with pre-builts is usually the power supply which may be too weak or have proprietary connectors.

And also space, I've seen some truly boneheaded decisions by OEMs.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

I have a 450w psu is that good ?also what is gddr 5 gpus and gddr6 ones ??

12 minutes ago, Jimmyfr said:

I have a 450w psu is that good ?

450w should be fine, provided the PSU has good quality (usually not on a pre-built).

If you get a custom 1650, pay attention to its size, it might not fit in to case as @Bismut said. Also check whether it requires an additional 6-pin (factory overclocked model might) and your PSU may not have one.

12 minutes ago, Jimmyfr said:

also what is gddr 5 gpus and gddr6 ones ??

GDDR5/6 is simply the type of memory on the GPU. A GPU has its own included memory and GDDRx is simply the type it has.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

In theory yes, the 1650 will run on that motherboard because it has a pci-e x16 slot.

In practice, there's a slim possibility it won't work, if the video card's firmware uses UEFI and the motherboard bios doesn't have UEFI extensions / isn't UEFI aware.

For example some ancient Dell machines (2nd-3rd generation Intel systems) had bioses without any UEFI support,and cards like RX 5xx series from AMD would not work on them - nVidia had video cards that didn't need  UEFI up to  GTX 1060 if my memory is correct. Not sure about GTX 1650, it was released after 10xx series so it's possible it needs UEFI aware bioses.

GTX 1650 consumes  little power, under 100w ... you can use a 2xmolex= > pci-e 6/8 pin adapter cable if the psu doesn't have connectors.

edit ... look in the bios of that board and see if there's any mention of UEFI at all.

If not, look for an option that says "BIOS CSM Support"  - CSM is compatibility support module, it's a feature of UEFI bioses that enable better compatibility with some older hardware, tricks that hardware into thinking it's a classic bios.

So if the bios has such option, that means it has UEFI so the newer video cards should work with it.

Yes but also what is your psu make and model?

Are you buying a gtx 1650 WITHOUT an extra pcie power connector? Because ones with aren't an option normally in these hp prebuilts due to the hp not having the connector.

Also theres secure boot to worry about, if your card isnt allowed by secure boot iirc it wont even post or have some sort of message and wont let you continue past bios

Whats your system specs?

Could you take a pic of the psus wattage table? need to see how much the 12v is rated for cause thats the effective wattage you can actually run (since basically everything uses 12v)

And Whats the price of the 1650? rx 6600 tend so go around 150-180$ used and around the performance of a gtx 1080 so rip 1650, rx 4/580 8gb go for around 70$ used and are around the performance of a 1060 6gb which crushes the 1650, theres also the 4gb variants around 50$ but 4gb is gonna be abit of a limitation on some newer games. Both can be undervolted pretty well so dont need that beefy of a psu and you wont really be drawing much from the molex/sata 8 pin adapter youll need to actually get these things to post, overclock vram to compensate (always overclock vram)

26 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yes but also what is your psu make and model?

Are you buying a gtx 1650 WITHOUT an extra pcie power connector? Because ones with aren't an option normally in these hp prebuilts due to the hp not having the connector.

Iam looking forward to buy the one without the extra pcie power connector,also what are my options IF i buy the one which needs extra pcie power connector ?

1 minute ago, Jimmyfr said:

Iam looking forward to buy the one without the extra pcie power connector,also what are my options IF i buy the one which needs extra pcie power connector ?

Don't do it basically the hp psu wasn't designed for it at all.

30 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Don't do it basically the hp psu wasn't designed for it at all.

Thank you from all the info Iam looking forward to buy this one from gigabyte (no xtra pcie power connector)will work right ?
https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-Graphics-Compact-GV-N1656OC-4GD/dp/B086TSK5M3/ref=sr_1_6?crid=OL2FNGIQ3KKY&keywords=gigabyte+gtx+1650&qid=1681320999&sprefix=gigabytgtx+1650%2Caps%2C295&sr=8-6

15 minutes ago, Jimmyfr said:

Yikes 200 for a 1650 is a lot.

That is basically the budget for a better used card + better psu

Actually what even are your other specs?

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

i3 10100F
12 gb ram (3x4)
no gpu 😞

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

but still that card will work right ?

Eyeballing it - it looks like you have either a PCIe 3.0 based motherboard since it's a Haswell based system. 
This should be fine. 

450W PSUs from an OEM like Dell or HP are usually "not great" but given that your system is from 2013 or 2014, it should be a lot less bad than a PSU from 2007. A lot of the doom and gloom about how AWFUL OEM systems are is from 1990-2010ish where there was a lot of competition on price and a lot of cut corners on quality. Since 2012ish "not awful" has gotten pretty cheap.

I'd expect the 1650 to be OK and it's about as power hungry of a card that I'd feel comfortable with using in your system (without doing some extra checks). 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

2 minutes ago, Jimmyfr said:

i3 10100F
12 gb ram (3x4)
no gpu 😞

Are you sure?

The first screenshot says Haswell, which is usually Intel 4000 series. 
I also see a PCI (not express) slot which was starting to go away around 2012ish and has been basically extinct since 2017ish. The 10,000 series came out well after that. 

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

4 minutes ago, Jimmyfr said:

i3 10100F
12 gb ram (3x4)
no gpu 😞

That cannot be true as this is a far older system. This system is a 3000 series intel one according to cpu z and hp hasn't made a normal psu desktop in ages.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That cannot be true as this is a far older system. This system is a 3000 series intel one according to cpu z and hp hasn't made a normal psu desktop in ages.

mb its i5 4590 

4 minutes ago, cmndr said:

Are you sure?

The first screenshot says Haswell, which is usually Intel 4000 series. 
I also see a PCI (not express) slot which was starting to go away around 2012ish and has been basically extinct since 2017ish. The 10,000 series came out well after that. 

yeah mb man its i5 4590