I’m Dreading this Review – RTX 4070

AlexTheGreatish

So still no link to this large GPU test from the labs, but you did have time to add more links to advertisements?

image.png.ba8a3e00548e3ecbd15c60fd2dcc17c0.png

At 6:51 of the video, Linus says TGP while the slide says Thermal Design Power (TDP). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Gotta admit, before the GPU crisis I had trouble imagining forking out more than 2000 DKK for a gpu (have had a 660 and 960), but now I look at the 4070 ventus and thinks "well, it will fulfill the role for a long time, it's quiet, and it fits my Node 304... 

But it costs 5200 DKK 😂

On the other hand, I did get that tax return... 🤔

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

surprised they didn't mention the 6800 more since it performed better for the same or lower price.

No link to all the supposed "tests"? Bit odd lol. I'm also so confused on the thumbnail, why is there an apple? Why is he at a table with that shirt? Is he meant to look like a doctor or something? My mind isn't putting two and two together.

Anyhow, I do hope that the RTX 4060 (and 4050 if there is one) will hopefully be a good value, as thus far I really don't see any of these new 4000 series cards being worth it. If they can at least get the price to performance good on the lower end GPUs then perhaps they'll be redeemed after all, as realistically that's what most people buy anyways. Guess they also have Intel this time round to go up against so perhaps we'll get something good for once.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

6 hours ago, syntaxsmurf said:

Am I blind link down below where?

6 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Confusion. "The lab performed 984 tests" part is not linked it seems.

6 hours ago, fawncashew said:

Also came here hoping there would be some clarification on where the link is, its not just you!

6 hours ago, creesch said:

Same here, the way Linus die phrases things made me go hunting for a link with details as well 🙂

5 hours ago, syntaxsmurf said:

Yea wanted to check XTX and XT on an up to date benchmark

5 hours ago, maxben said:

where is the 900 test link huh ?

5 hours ago, Oops? said:

This - I was keen to see the (?labs) data. 

3 hours ago, Kazlehoff said:

Yo wheres the lab data. you forgot the link, guys

3 hours ago, Pandakaebi said:

Yeah, lab data "link below" please. 🙏

2 hours ago, jomal1 said:

Where is link to 900 tests?!?!

2 hours ago, GodofGrunts said:

Also here to complain about the missing link for the 900 tests.

1 hour ago, Fatalicus said:

So still no link to this large GPU test from the labs

1 hour ago, raju_ez said:

Linksss ?

7 minutes ago, Birblover12 said:

No link to all the supposed "tests"?

Hey all, this was an understandable miscommunication of what we were trying to say in that part of the video. Once the Labs site is up and running we will be able to provide all our Labs data alongside our videos, but that's not what we meant here. That was meant to be a shout out for the product links.

Sorry about that!

2 hours ago, LMGcommunity said:

Hey all, this was an understandable miscommunication of what we were trying to say in that part of the video. Once the Labs site is up and running we will be able to provide all our Labs data alongside our videos, but that's not what we meant here. That was meant to be a shout out for the product links.

Sorry about that!

Looks like Colton is getting fired again

It may be interesting to see how the lower tier 6000-series AMD cards now benchmark in the future. The cheapest new 6700XT is in the comparable price range of a used 3060Ti or 3070 with ~50% more VRAM and also a manufacturer warranty.

9 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

Confusion. "The lab performed 984 tests" part is not linked it seems. 

You can see the link down in the video description? Perhaps you'd show where?

I'm looking for the same...

Oh hi - scroll slightly up and my question is answered, lol

*edit* - Why do we have 4090 benchmarks on the graphs, but no 7900XTX?

no 6900xt and 6950xt figures is pretty sad.

also it is actually pretty cringe that you have to spend a few minutes at the start of every video to address every possible complaint unhinged fanboy redditors might throw at you, or you have to spin everything into this "I'm the good guy" rhetoric vs evil corporations and build some kind of overarching story that connects it to the history of the world