I’m Dreading this Review – RTX 4070

AlexTheGreatish

Nvidia's RTX 4070 is a complicated card.. on one hand it is the best value we've seen in years, but on the other everyone is still mad.

Just now, syntaxsmurf said:

Am I blind link down below where?

What link?

Embedded video in first post?

I edit my posts more often than not

5 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

What link?

I am refering to this section in the video:

time stamp should take you there if you open it up if you play it here I am not sure.
image.thumb.png.750d32481bc73c2d3fb4b61d267c5c74.png

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

What link?

They are blind, you...

Also, it's a review for a higher-end video card. Probably not that important to a blind person. (zero-hate)

@syntaxsmurf

https://youtu.be/nkh9VGCY8as

Confusion. "The lab performed 984 tests" part is not linked it seems. 

9 minutes ago, Budget DIY said:

They are blind, you...

You can see the link down in the video description? Perhaps you'd show where?

I edit my posts more often than not

19 minutes ago, syntaxsmurf said:

Also came here hoping there would be some clarification on where the link is, its not just you!

2 minutes ago, fawncashew said:

Also came here hoping there would be some clarification on where the link is, its not just you!

Same here, the way Linus die phrases things made me go hunting for a link with details as well 🙂

There aren't many subjects that benefit from binary takes on them in a discussion.

3 minutes ago, creesch said:

Same here, the way Linus die phrases things made me go hunting for a link with details as well 🙂

Yea wanted to check XTX and XT on an up to date benchmark

I'm looking forward to the 4070 or the equivalent from AMD since my 1060 3gb is really showing it's age with my UWQHD monitor.

If you proportion it to the RTX 4090 then compare that % shaders to the RTX 3090, its a little better piece of silicon to the RTX 3060 12GB. Nvidia is really banking on the ~70% gain that TSMC 5nm and their architecture is giving them over RTX 3000 to sell this new gen, but I doubt they really need to be upselling their silicon bin and upping the price at the since time to cover it.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 hour ago, syntaxsmurf said:

This - I was keen to see the (?labs) data. 

Its surprising that Nvidia is milking their lower tier chips out and still sitting on what should be millions of AD102 GPUs that weren't fully unlocked nor binned enough for the RTX 4090.

Really odd stance for nvidia trying to push everyone to this high end 1k+ gpu market. I am very happy with my 6800 xt and hope AMD gets some more market share to push Nvidia prices down. 

12 minutes ago, Agall said:

Its surprising that Nvidia is milking their lower tier chips out and still sitting on what should be millions of AD102 GPUs that weren't fully unlocked nor binned enough for the RTX 4090.

I think it was last year it was reported that nvidia (and AMD, Apple) were delaying and/or cutting their production at TSMC because of the economic slowdown. They're not blindly over-producing product that isn't going to get sold, or need to be sold at a loss.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

6 minutes ago, porina said:

I think it was last year it was reported that nvidia (and AMD, Apple) were delaying and/or cutting their production at TSMC because of the economic slowdown. They're not blindly over-producing product that isn't going to get sold, or need to be sold at a loss.

With how many RTX 4090's they have, depending on their yields, they should have millions of 12000-14500 shader AD102 GPUs more than capable of being an RTX 4080ti that's actually good, probably on part with the RTX 4090. I imagine the price wouldn't be terrible, even if it was $1200, but that'd obviously cut into their grossly overpriced RTX 4080.

Why is Photoshop included in this benchmark if they well know it is fully limited by CPU? It's like including 8k AAA gaming results in a CPU review... 

12 minutes ago, contentis said:

Why is Photoshop included in this benchmark if they well know it is fully limited by CPU? It's like including 8k AAA gaming results in a CPU review... 

Because LTT doesn't know how to do proper hardware reviews anymore.

This price point that Nvidia are pushing in this economy really isn't going to be pushing this 1080 (second hand) owner to part with upgrade cash that is ready to be spent. 

The price point still remains too high to jump from a card that can still play most games decently. 

For context I picked that card up 6 months ago on ebay for circa £160 having upgraded from a 1050ti.

£600 is a lot of money for a mid tier card, it's a luxury purchase and in my opinion nvidia will mot be moving alot of people off of a 1080 with this card. 

Waiting for team red to play their hand or what the xx60 series brings.

I am an adopter of the Intel A770 and I realized that the numbers stated here, especially in Modern Warfare 2, seem off. I was wondering if during this video Resizable Bar was enabled or not. I copied the settings listed (4k Extreme preset) and while I have vsync enabled, I have not seen it dip anywhere below 50 while on the list it's under 40. If Rebar wasn't enabled, doesn't this make the A770 look worse than it does? I know not every Motherboard supports it but still.