Secret Lab or?

RXF

Last couple of years I've been working fully from home 8-9 hours + gaming 5 or 6 hours sometimes more, which is keeping me sitting for most of the day and I was thinking about finally upgrading to a new chair.

I saw secret lab chairs seem to have high reviews and was wondering if it's worth it to go for the Napa leather ones? around 900-$ 1000 ones. Is there any noticeable difference from the leatherette ones (500-$600t) that they have? I just want something that will last me for many years and I won't have to worry about the leather falling everywhere after a year or 2 like what has been happening with the cheap ones I used to get over amazon before.

If you have recommendation for something else that is not secret lab please feel free to share.

Budget is not an issue as long as it's under $1500 I would say. I normally would not invest this much on chairs, but considering that I'm spending half of my life sitting on that chair, I think a premium one might be needed to save me from back problems in the future. 

5 minutes ago, RXF said:

saw secret lab chair

Thats where your problem starts. You only shop gaming chairs. Not every gaming chairs are bad mind you but the majority of it is, you really should always find those with very generous return windows, or actually sit on it yourself and assess how long you can actually sit on it.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

9 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Hermon Miller Chairs Generally if you are going to spend that much money on a chair. But also look for the best ones for your height and weight.

Thanks! I'll wait to see more advices but I will add this into my cart for now for a last comparison. 

1 minute ago, SorryClaire said:

Thats where your problem starts. You only shop gaming chairs. Not every gaming chairs are bad mind you but the majority of it is, you really should always find those with very generous return windows, or actually sit on it yourself and assess how long you can actually sit on it.

I did see this video. And was looking into the other chairs that aren't gaming, but I just don't know what to pick. And this video is bit old, so was hoping to see if there are newer better options out there.

Also I kind of like the high back chairs, IDK it might be more of a habit thing. And a lot of none gaming chairs seems to have low back which is why I'm nervous about them being uncomfortable for my neck if I have no place to rest my neck for over like 15 hours... 

....just bought a secret labs chair an hour ago.
image.png.4893ff283dfbf2ea9ae4891915ab9440.png
Im happy with the purchase, my brother has one and he's happy with it. Theres just so many other chairs out there that are crap, i dont think you can go wrong with secretlab, there might be a few other chairs that are better but theyre also probably another 400$. 

2 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

....just bought a secret labs chair an hour ago.
image.png.4893ff283dfbf2ea9ae4891915ab9440.png
Im happy with the purchase, my brother has one and he's happy with it. Theres just so many other chairs out there that are crap, i dont think you can go wrong with secretlab, there might be a few other chairs that are better but theyre also probably another 400$. 

Did you try their Napa leather ones vs the leatherette ones? I'm curious what difference does it make considering the massive price difference. 

12 minutes ago, RXF said:

Did you try their Napa leather ones vs the leatherette ones?

No i havent touched the leather/leatherette ones.
Do you have a reason for wanting leather? 
I specifically avoided those two, the fabric ones just seems so much more comfortable.

If i had to wager a guess, the leatherette will deteriorate after a few years. leatherette is just a plasticy leather-like material overtop a  sort of woven fabric. I have  an old chair that has all the leather completely peeled off of it. Secret lab probably did a better job but i assure you thats whats going  to happen as some point  

6 minutes ago, Mayday793 said:

No i havent touched the leather/leatherette ones.
Do you have a reason for wanting leather? 
I specifically avoided those two, the fabric ones just seems so much more comfortable.

If i had to wager a guess, the leatherette will deteriorate after a few years. leatherette is just a plasticy leather-like material overtop a  sort of woven fabric. I have  an old chair that has all the leather completely peeled off of it. Secret lab probably did a better job but i assure you thats whats going  to happen as some point  

Well the reason I was more interested with the leather ones more than the fabric is in fear of dropping coffee or some liquid that will stain it probably forever or cause smell over time. I feel leather are bit more protected from liquid? I could be wrong. 

19 minutes ago, RXF said:

Well the reason I was more interested with the leather ones more than the fabric is in fear of dropping coffee or some liquid that will stain it probably forever or cause smell over time. I feel leather are bit more protected from liquid? I could be wrong. 

I think you're right there, the fabric would be more difficult to clean. I dont really have that worry though, they offer some cleaning product to help keep it clean. 
I dont think you should pick something for the chance of something happening rather than enjoying it more for the rest of the time. 
If you actually like the leather go for it,but if you like the fabric i'd go with that instead. 
I dont like leather seats in general. leather couches, leather chairs, leather car seats, dont like any of them.

I got Neuechair which is also from them, it's their mesh chair. It's firm and sturdy. Can stay fairly straight and mesh is breathable which I wanted.

So something minimum I'd look for when sitting most of the day. There are Herman Miller and Steelcase chairs both top premium.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |